Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 9:09pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Actually, it is O soto gari is the most winning throw.
    Anyone have links to percentages? I seem to remember one that noted non-classical OSG as the highest percentage Ippon at the Olympics. There was a picture of a guy named Yasuhiro Yamashita on the wall of a dojo I trained at and he was performing OSG. Everyone seemed to think he was a big deal and kept talking about how he won many of his matches with OSG. I have a book Yamashita wrote somewhere in my basement on the subject.
    And countering O soto gari with o soto gari is impossible in judo terminology.
    Huh? Now you've lost me.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    sumi gaeshi.

First you throw knees, and victim leans over to counter/escape...except that last one isn't a kneee, it 's SUMI GAESHI. Roll to mount, pummel, go **** victim's girlfriend.

Rinse and repeat.
    I second this.
    Specially the fucking part :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Anyone have links to percentages? I seem to remember one that noted non-classical OSG as the highest percentage Ippon at the Olympics. There was a picture of a guy named Yasuhiro Yamashita on the wall of a dojo I trained at and he was performing OSG. Everyone seemed to think he was a big deal and kept talking about how he won many of his matches with OSG. I have a book Yamashita wrote somewhere in my basement on the subject.

Huh? Now you've lost me.
    I can't remember where I saw that...probably at judoninfo.
    As soon as you counter with an osoto gari it becomes o soto gake.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 9:34pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't remember where I saw that...probably at judoninfo.
    As soon as you counter with an osoto gari it becomes o soto gake.
    Man, if you find it, please post it... I saw that article where they were listing the most commonly used (and effective) throws, with percentages and all. I forgot to bookmark it, and haven't been able to find it since :dead:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 10:18pm

Style: Kickboxing, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although it's not really a "throw", I typcially end up using a double or a single leg takedown, thanks to wrestling in high school

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 11:12pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread will be unlocked once Hannibal actually trains and no sooner.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 2:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hannibal can't post on it now.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 7:48am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It'd help if he threads we're moved here. They were made outside the DHS for a reason.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567