Posted On:
    4/30/2006 7:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sasae.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 7:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    And yet, Judoka fall for it quite often.
    Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 7:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only is the firemans carry throw a low precentage throw in wrestling, that is where it is best. In a fight it is way to easy to end up in a crucifix from there amongst the other things listed.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 7:53pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
    Since this thread is doomed anyway, I'll keep commenting . . .

I imagine I would find it difficult to defend shots and fireman's carries from someone that's 5'2". Even people that are 6-8 inches shorter than me seem to require markedly different strategy than guys that are closer to my height. Considering that very few people are that short these days, perhaps TBK is correct, assuming he's speaking from experience.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Genius

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fireman's carry is my takedown move and it works well, particularly the Inside Fireman's Carry. Many people expect the Outside and Middle, but most have never even heard of the Inside. I also admit that being a midget helps alot.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:19pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Judo is useless on the street because it is 'the gentle way', whereas the street is rough. Also, you don't wear a gi on the street. Simple.
    And no one wears MMA short and vaseline in the face in the street. If you can choke the **** out of somebody by the collar of a gi, you can also choke him by the collar of his polo shirt :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Fireman's carry is my takedown move and it works well, particularly the Inside Fireman's Carry. Many people expect the Outside and Middle, but most have never even heard of the Inside. I also admit that being a midget helps alot.
    OK, I forget you are 5'2.
    Then it might work.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:23pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    sumi gaeshi.

First you throw knees, and victim leans over to counter/escape...except that last one isn't a kneee, it 's SUMI GAESHI. Roll to mount, pummel, go **** victim's girlfriend.

Rinse and repeat.
    I second this.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:43pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread makes me wanna learn Judo...all these throws have such cool names.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:47pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    This thread makes me wanna learn Judo...all these throws have such cool names.
    Dude it just Japanese. Most of the judo throws tranlsate as "Big Hip Throw" and "Small Inner Trip".
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast