Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 3:37pm

Style: Yang Taiji, Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    Do you have friends in Kansas City? Maybe you could visit them on the 27th of May.

I thought you were strapped anyway.
    I currently am. I doubt I'll have funds to get to Kansas by the 27th, and I know no one that lives remotely close.

The beauty of the Austin connection is that it's a friend of my lady's, so it wouldn't be a wasted trip.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 3:54pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a second thought. Let me know when you can come to Austin. We'll set up a throwdown, get all the local boys together for some sparring, training and then FOOD!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 7:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinz
    On a second thought. Let me know when you can come to Austin. We'll set up a throwdown, get all the local boys together for some sparring, training and then FOOD!
    Being that it's Austin, we could probably even get a live band for the party for free.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:02pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We should start a fund to help peng get to the KC mega throwdown. I'm in the process of moving and pretty broke at the moment but Id still throw in money.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by peng
    About as often as you've seen me praise my own, but that also seems to be irrelevant.

Rewatch the third video.

If any of you knew what you were looking at, you'd realize that the monk could have annhillated the guy at any time.

That first move that looks like nothing? Do you actually see what he's doing there?

As the TKDer tries to kick to the head, the monk sidesteps slightly and strikes the tkder in the ankle and knee simultaneously on opposite sides.

Watch the way the TKD'er starts favoring and working that leg to shake off the pain that's being inflicted.

If the monk were to execute that technique at full speed the TKDer would be crippled at first contact.

You people that call yourself martial artists don't even understand that a strike is occuring.

Dipshits.
    If you had any notion of what fighting was about, at all, you'd recognize the fact that the shaolin monk was nothing more than a moderately skilled gymnast. Jet Li has the same training as the guy in that video and readily admits to being nothing more than a performance artist.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:05pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good god, it's obviously a choreographed fight. Anyone that can't see that it's so obviously choreographed needs smacked in the mouth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:08pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love these girls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    If you had any notion of what fighting was about, at all, you'd recognize the fact that the shaolin monk was nothing more than a moderately skilled gymnast. Jet Li has the same training as the guy in that video and readily admits to being nothing more than a performance artist.
    Yes, I'm sure you'd whoop both his and Jet Li's ass.

A moderately skilled gymnast with a body hardened by intense training.

Jet Li was a highly skilled child prodigy and is, in essence, primarily a gymnast. He has never been in a fight.

After becoming China's darling, he was given an easy path through life. All he really did was train hard and do everything he was told. While I'm sure his combat skills are formidable, he's not a "tough guy" in spirit or conditioning.

I don't believe that Jet Li has ever been capable of experiencing, much less expressing, the level of contempt for the skills of his opponent that the monk in that video conveyed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Good god, it's obviously a choreographed fight. Anyone that can't see that it's so obviously choreographed needs smacked in the mouth.
    I don't believe it was deliberately choreographed in advance. It looks more like the monk was in strategic control of the situation from the get go and he "choreographed" it.

The shaolins do all kinds of choreographed fights, they don't bother putting in a referre, and if the demonstration was prearranged, you would have thought the TKDrs would have managed to set up a better showing.

Think about it from the perspective of an exhibition bout between two Olympic boxers. You don't want to go all out because that increases the chance of being hurt. If it isn't for something that really counts, why risk it?

Do you fight the same way in all your matches?

Are you fighting as hard in your weekly sparring practice as you are in a ranking fight? Are you trying to inflict the same level of damage on your sparring partner as a tournament opponent?

I'm not sure what would be worth the risk for a monk.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either you're just taking a piss here or you are fucking retarded
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 8:54pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by peng
    Think about it from the perspective of an exhibition bout between two Olympic boxers. You don't want to go all out because that increases the chance of being hurt. If it isn't for something that really counts, why risk it?
    At least the boxers actually hit each other in the face. They donīt just strike into thin air like in that retarded video.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast