Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 7:56pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, wise is he who knows which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn, mmm, hmmm.

"Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 8:52pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think your about to violate the bushido code of loyalty. Your shorin-ryu sensei did not pick you. you chose him. In return for the knowlage a warrioir must remain loyal even unto death. You disgust me with your adultoring ways of commiting dojo treason. You are not a man and lack honor. That you would turn your back on the secret traditions makes me want to beat you up.

The only thing you can do now is ritual suicide! go ahaed and do it. I killed myself 17 years ago. :bunny:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 9:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the cross training ideal, if your advanced enough.

I like the other notion of starting a seperat sparring class. If that dosn't fly, why not start trainig with the other sparring partners outside of class.

My other thought is whats up with your instructor? why is he being so accomadating to his students? I wish I could tell my instructors that I was or wasn't going to do this or that. They'd show me the door.

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've all given me food for thought and that's why I posted, so thanks.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    Basically I went to the gym today and I did a good workout and was fine afterward, so my wrist seems to be fine now. With that in mind, I hope to start Kyokushin on Monday (and return to straighblast for BJJ on Tuesday, yes!). The problem is, I can see my taking up Kyokushin as being a problem with my continuing training in Shorin ryu. I like training there, we have a laugh and we spar under full contact karate rules ie no face punching. However, we don't do this enough and it's starting to take a back seat because a few students feel that "there is more to Karate than sparring", which I think is bullshit. I was thinking of asking the guys that do spar to come with me for a class or two and see what they think (because I think we wouldn't have too much trouble as we really do kick the shite out each other when we do spar) but that makes me feel a little guilty because if I do decide to leave Shorin Ryu, I'm sure that at least one or two will leave aswell and the Dojo will fall deeper into just being kata and kihon. So what should I do? Stay and try my best at preseving good standards at the dojo? Or just look out for myself and **** the rest of them, let them do what they want?
    If it's really not possible to do both, go with whichever one you feel is better for you, as that's ultimately what it comes down to. One of my Kyokushin sempai, Yuki, holds a dan ranking in Shorin-Ryu too and he uses SR and KK together really well. He's only 165 but hits the hardest out of anyone I've ever met. I'm sure there's a lot of similarities so you'll basically get to practice both at the same time.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about train one class one week, one another?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 4:07pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    How about train one class one week, one another?
    That's originally what I wanted to do with my Sanda gym and TCMA school. Surprise surprise I was going to all Sanda 2-3 times a week in no time.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 11:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before you make the jump to Kyokushin just approach your current instructor. Explain to him that you'd like more sparring, even if it has to be done at the end of training and those which do not wish to fight do not have to.

If he agrees stay. No point messing up a good thing.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12