Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido on .... Slashdot?

I have no idea why this (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/04/28/153201) story is on Slashdot's front page (or any of it's pages for that matter), but it does have some choice quotes in both the summary and the comments. Admitadly, there're a lot of retarded comments (it is Slashdot after all)

(the original story is here: http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...d/14434176.htm)

Some example quotes:

There is a famous story from the '50s (?, maybe '60s) where the Japanese National Judo Champion (at the time he was also the world champion) essentially 'called out' Hatsumi and ninpo taijitsu as a 'fraud'. Said champion was invited to face off with Hatsumi. Hatsumi proved he was no fraud, and shortly thereafter the Judo champion became one of the senior instructors at the 'judo' school of the Bujinkan.
    Anyone have any references on this?

Hatsumi is the real deal. I've seen him run along the top of chain link fences. At one seminar, a 250+ lb. Marine spoke up and said "Ok I know you're good, but really...in combat - what are you going to do to me?". Hatsumi sqared off with the Marine, and had him on the ground and incapacitated very rapidly.
    Ninjitsu is the art of stealthly killing people. Sniping is merely carrying and firing a long range rifle.

These are two different skill sets. While any monkey can use a firearm, it will not protect you against a trained assassin that observes your movements and launches a suprise attack.
    I have spent time learning a combat martial art- there are a number of them out there. I am not talking about Karate taught as a sport (though Karate can be taught as a combat art), I am talking about combat martial arts training. We never even sparred because we did not want to train ourselves to pull our punches.
    You don't need to pull your punches if you never throw them!

As he nimbly glides across the padded floor, Hatsumi showers students with cryptic proverbs straight out of Confucian scrolls, such as "anything can be used as a weapon" or "ninjutsu is the sum of things in the universe."
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 4:35am

Style: Some time ago: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That thread is like a car crash. I shouldn't be reading but I just can't help myself. It's like "Hi, I'm a new internal stylist" all over again. I think it's the serious discussion comparing the effectiveness of a sniper vs a ninja that does it for me.

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 4:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Some douche who thinks he knows martial arts history
    This happened with chinese martial arts. One of the reason why the current levels of mastery are inferior to the ancient past is this whole idea of keeping an edge over your students. To be always be able to beat them means you can't teach everything -- you keep a secret in reserve to defend your life against students aspiring to take over. Those students, when all growed up and teaching, also keep a secret in reserve. Eventually the art is very diluted.
    Well, I'll have to give him points for originality. It's the first time I've heard this particular variant of the "T3h old m4asters were t3h r43l" argument to explain why your style sucks.

Oh, this is good:

Quote Originally Posted by Probably some bujinkan nutrider
    Don't write off the Ninpo masters so lightly.... If it came down to it, I am absolutely certain that life-long practitioners of combat martial arts will beat those who have dulled their skills with theatrics any day.
    For discussion on ninpo and theatrics see the last two threads on me and the bujinkan.

Last edited by Virus; 4/29/2006 4:56am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 7:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ROFLMAO see idoits are abound no matter what you do.

Hatsumi running on a chain link fence!!! LOL

Taking out a unnamed Judo CHAMPION. (Not that it couldn't happend since Hatsumi did Judo as well but I find it odd that no names other than Hatsumi is given)

Hatsumi taking out a 250lb unnamed Marine rapidly.

It funnier because these idiots think all these are true. I thin we should start submitting such tales to sites like SNOPES.com and other urban legend sites.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 7:49am

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "ninjutsu is the sum of things in the universe."

- Hatsumi Soke Sensei Sifu Shihan Sidoshi Godan Sandan Lord Sir Professor

This is potentialy the most horrible thing I've ever heard from the Buj....

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 7:52am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA

It funnier because these idiots think all these are true. I thin we should start submitting such tales to sites like SNOPES.com and other urban legend sites.
    "make it so number 1"
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 8:03am

Style: judo, wrestling, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    I have no idea why this (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/04/28/153201) story is on Slashdot's front page (or any of it's pages for that matter)
    Well, like Slashdot says, it's "News for Nerds." What nerd doesn't hope, in his heart of hearts, that somehow, somewhere, there's something that'll turn him into a mankilling badass?

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 8:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very well.

I will reluctantly volunteer myself for having defeated an "unnamed" "All Korea TKD Champion," a "BJJ" black belt named "Sakata," an "unnamed" Kodokan godan and Former-Grand-Champion 250 lb. Judo expert named "Yamada" . . . possibly "Yamaguchi," while winning a Gold Glove after being declared champion at the Muay Tai Championships, all just before initiating foreplay with Nicole Kidman of a degree extraordinary such that she had to marry a gay man and adopt.

I mean, "take one for the team"and all.

--J.D.

P.S. I also melted the bones of a 98 year-old Shoalin Soke with a chi blast--only to heal him with my Kombat Ki Khong, but I do not wish to seem immodest.

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 9:07am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the Marine story is actually a Steven Hayes anecdote that's been wrongfully accredited to Hatsumi. In one of Steve's old books, he mentions that at a seminar in the 80's a big soldier asked if it really worked or not, then swung on him. Steve punched him in the nose, spraying blood all over. Apparently it impressed the guy enough that he said it was "cool." Who knows if it's true or not.

That's nothing. My current Taijutsu instructor told me that a Taijutsu teacher in Europe in the late 80's took up the Gracie challenge, and won. I think he said it was like Greece or Spain, or something. It was a closed door match, apparently. I'm planning on trying to get the rest of the details out of him. Anybody else ever hear this in the Buj? Is this the story of of what's his name who stuck his hand down the throat of the guy RNC'ing him? I'm not about to believe this.

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    I think the Marine story is actually a Steven Hayes anecdote that's been wrongfully accredited to Hatsumi. In one of Steve's old books, he mentions that at a seminar in the 80's a big soldier asked if it really worked or not, then swung on him. Steve punched him in the nose, spraying blood all over. Apparently it impressed the guy enough that he said it was "cool." Who knows if it's true or not.

That's nothing. My current Taijutsu instructor told me that a Taijutsu teacher in Europe in the late 80's took up the Gracie challenge, and won. I think he said it was like Greece or Spain, or something. It was a closed door match, apparently. I'm planning on trying to get the rest of the details out of him. Anybody else ever hear this in the Buj? Is this the story of of what's his name who stuck his hand down the throat of the guy RNC'ing him? I'm not about to believe this.
    I've never heard of this. What I have heard is a rumour that Nagato knocked out a guy who did BJJ (not a member of the Gracie family) with a knee to the head when he tried to double leg him. Are you thinking of this? The story may have been distorted into a Gracie challenge over time with subsequent retelling. I've heard different versions of the story myself.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast