Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:47pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    Well it's official after 1 month of him not being at training someone finally has said that he has a torn ligament, and he's mad about the injury. They didnt say he was mad at me but I wouldn't doubt it.

And things have been fine at the dojo.

This guy wont be coming back until july so I feel really bad about the lost training. He's also choosen to not get it fixed, is this bad?
    I've had the same elbow dislocated twice within two months of eachother. I bear no ill will towards the two individuals I was playing at the time. I am, however, more cautious around them.

It might be awful fo rme to say this, but part of me feels that if he's the kind of guy who'd get mad at you for this, he kind of deserved what he got....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 10:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds to me like you had him locked in and he should've tapped. Instead he decided to be a macho ass and try and power out. When you're stupid like that bad things happen. His fault, not yours, don't feel bad at all.

Some people need to learn that randori at the club is not the championships of the world. I've hurt a couple people with my pick ups because instead of falling nicely once I pick them up they posted out and jammed their shoulders. While that's more their fault then mine I'm really careful with that throw now since it goes both ways a bit. It's no biggie if they take a fall but I've realized it's also no biggie for me to just let up if I think they might do something stupid and get hurt. I'm not training for compeitions anymore so I'm trying to let up on that killer instinct a bit. It's harder than I thought it would be.

I broke a buddy of mine's arm in a competition once. It was a relatively important tournament (the CNE international for any old time Ontario/Canadian fighters) and it was the finals. He was up by a wazari and a couple yukos with about thirty seconds left. We ended up on the ground and by some miracle I got him in juji. He didn't tap so I had to crank it until the pop (when he then tapped). Tournaments are a whole different animal though and I could sort of see why he did it since he thought he could hold it until the buzzer. I've done the same myself though I've never actually had the guy break my arm though (strained really, really bad once powering a guy up out of a juji I should've tapped to though).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12