Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 6:21pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fight Boy vs. Master River

Here is the video: Fight Boy vs. Master River

I thought it was a pretty cool fight. What's cool is both of them actually use their style to fight. It's not like the TMA people who fight, then rely on BJJ and muay thai in the ring.

The kung fu master tried to move forward and stay close right when the fight began. It looks like he is using wing chun trapping. And the TKD guy does the TKD kicks. I like to see pure styles fight each other. It's hard to find.

It turns into chaos and there isn't a winner becuase the dumb crowd swarms them.
    Last edited by kikkoman; 4/27/2006 6:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 6:38pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How the hell was that considered a fight? It looked like a catholic priest playing grab ass with a kid who spent to much time at TKD. The "master" was punched in the "throat" then kicked in the midsection and went down like a ton of bricks. Then, he rushed the other poor kid and they went to the ground while people tried to break them apart. One of the comments for the vid said the "master" attempted to eagle claw the kid to death... whatever he was doing it wasn't very master like for them not to just get off the ground when the acting ref was trying to get them to stand up.

TKD Kid vs Catholic Priest

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 6:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't expect the fights to look "pretty" like they do in a jet li movie. I've seen a video of 2 legit masters going at it in a boxing ring and it was MUCH uglier than this. This is pretty much what fights look like between traditional martial artists. I thought it looked pretty cool.

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 6:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And masters can get pissed off just like anyone else. If you were punched in the throat, then knocked down with 100 people watching you, then you'd go ape **** and choke the TKDer too.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 6:53pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That wasn't a fight. That was... embarassing.
    --
    L.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 6:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know I'm an ignoramus to both arts, but on the video I just watched there's no fighting. It was like a game of tag with a bald zombie.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 6:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not asking it to be "pretty". I'm more interested in them being competent. The "master" spent more time trying to feel up the kid then do anything. Then he did a mighty kung fu tackle? I'm sorry if masters fight like this, I'd rather not learn a martial art. On a second note, he is a "MASTER" he only hurt his credibility by goes "ape ****" instead of acting like a master. There are MMA brawlers that have more honor then these clowns.

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 7:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinz
    I'm not asking it to be "pretty". I'm more interested in them being competent. The "master" spent more time trying to feel up the kid then do anything. Then he did a mighty kung fu tackle? I'm sorry if masters fight like this, I'd rather not learn a martial art. On a second note, he is a "MASTER" he only hurt his credibility by goes "ape ****" instead of acting like a master. There are MMA brawlers that have more honor then these clowns.
    Believe it or not. Of all the videos of masters fighting this is the most slick I have seen. There are far worse like Boztepe vs. Cheueng, and some others where I forget their names.

And i think this is part of the reason lots of traditional guys won't compete in MMA. Becuase when they lose, all the other traditional guys make fun of them(as if they could do better).

I give this fight 10 stars and fight boy is auwsome!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 7:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just seems like this is further proof that non of them deserve the title of master. Why laugh at a person that loses as long as he actually faught hard... I'm laughing that this "master" because he is a tool. Maybe that kung fu master and this guy should have it out: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2black+belt%22 (thank you google vid thread)

The sad thing is I do believe you. China's government should round up all the "masters" force them to prove their art or be executed. I don't mean whoever loses is put to death. I mean whoever cannot defend themselves against a 14yr old female american TKD student should be put to death. I'm mean I've seen better fights from Shaolin-do people and that thought scares the crap out of me.

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 7:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinz
    I mean whoever cannot defend themselves against a 14yr old female american TKD student should be put to death.
    I think master River should be praised for what he did. He put it on the line and used his style. The pure style. I mean how many masters do you know who would be willing to put it on the line against a TKD fighter? It takes serious balls and I give respect to Master River.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast