Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 11:33am

Style: JKD, MuayThai, BJJ, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Combo Defense

Their is this single combo that my sparring partner does and it gets me everytime.
    He starts with a fast kicking combo. One to the knee then the thigh and then the kidney area. When I block the higher kick he always swings his left hand into my face and when he does that he starts the kicking again. My problem is I cant grab his leg because his hand comes flicking round to fast and if I block that he uses his right hand AND leg to quickly aswell. Once I get him ono the ground I know I can win but I dont know how to defend from this combo (Im only posting because he fucked up my knee after 5 rounds today)

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 11:37am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eat the kicks, punch his face.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 11:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once you take his foot off the ground, he won't be able to hit you with any real power. So I suggest, don't be afraid of it and see what happens.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 11:39am

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't follow the combo that you are describing. Personally, I wouldn't bother blocking a kick with my arm, unless it is a high kick. Just shin check it, push forward, and drop him with a right cross. Offense is your best defense. You will always fall behind as he continues attacking, and you try to keep blocking. So, just hit him back instead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 11:55am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What these guys said... or just step in, jammming his kicks' power and punch him in the face (or kick/sweep out his support leg). As Ryno said, you NEVER block low kicks with your arm. You take 'em or check 'em with your shin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 11:56am

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since all I can get from your description of the combo is he is throwing 3 kicks at you real quick. If you punch better then take the kicks and punch him. If you kick better shin check and thrust kick if you have the room if not throw a knee. But what do I know I learned SD...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 11:57am

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raitaro
    Their is this single combo that my sparring partner does and it gets me everytime.
    He starts with a fast kicking combo. One to the knee then the thigh and then the kidney area. When I block the higher kick he always swings his left hand into my face and when he does that he starts the kicking again. My problem is I cant grab his leg because his hand comes flicking round to fast and if I block that he uses his right hand AND leg to quickly aswell. Once I get him ono the ground I know I can win but I dont know how to defend from this combo (Im only posting because he fucked up my knee after 5 rounds today)
    If he does the same combo over and over again then you know what he's going to do before he does it, afer the first kick you could : deflect the second kick with your shin and punch him in the face, kick him in the other leg, eat the kick move in and punch him in the face, move out of range of his kick, just my thoughts. Personally I'd have to do something really horrible to him for being so predictable :ohyeah:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 12:14pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krav_Guy
    Personally I'd have to do something really horrible to him for being so predictable :ohyeah:
    Or for throwing 3 kicks in a row with the same leg. That's for point sparring and "Best of the Best" movies.

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 12:39pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, to be honest. If he's throwing three kicks in a row, either he is just flipping some quick uncommitted ones at you real quick, in which case they are just an annoyance, or if he is really trying to power these kicks, then you are taking way too long to counter.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hold down block for the first 3 kicks. The key is to counterattack the punch. After the last kick and before the punch there is an animation delay that you can hit with a fast attack. Pop him up into the air for an aerial rave and really ruin his day. My favorite countercombo is the TKD 570 Aerial Turbo, as it has decent speed and damage, and builds up your special meter pretty quick. A few other good ones are the Chunner's Chain and the Ninjer double-strike.

D3adl3y Kombos:

570 Aerial Turbo: tap kick X2, snap kick (pop-up) -> jump+tap kick, roundhouse kick, spinning roundhouse kick, snap kick X2, Axe Kick.

Chunner's Chain: jab X6, knee kick, jab X6, pak sao, jab X8.

Ninjer Double-Strike: Eye poke, stealth -> sneak behind, kidney shot, jab X3, smokebomb, neck break.

note: X = times. X3 = 3 times.

Good luck, and keep the quarters coming!
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast