Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:08pm

Style: Yang Taiji, Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's my second favorite subject. Qabbala is the shiznat and works very well with Taoism.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:15pm

Style: boxing,savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if I could convince a cop that I was carrying a tonfa for medical purposes
    I don't know about that but the top two British weapon scams are:

1) A sikh can carry a curved dagger thing. Most of them just carry tiny representive ones but if they choose to carry a 12 inch live blade there is sod all we can do about it.
    2) A Scotsman in full dress (kilt and all) can carry a sgian du (sic) dagger in his sock. Believe you me this is an absolute bastard at football games.

Bloody human rights. Christ I get more bitter by the day.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:19pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saker

1) A sikh can carry a curved dagger thing. Most of them just carry tiny representive ones but if they choose to carry a 12 inch live blade there is sod all we can do about it.
    2) A Scotsman in full dress (kilt and all) can carry a sgian du (sic) dagger in his sock. Believe you me this is an absolute bastard at football games.

You bring a kilt into the conversation and yet you hide the weapon in the sock? DAMN YOU!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You bring a kilt into the conversation and yet you hide the weapon in the sock? DAMN YOU!
    I just bring the facts my laddo add your own filth. As if the tone wasn't low enough on this board.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:29pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just bring the facts my laddo add your own filth. As if the tone wasn't low enough on this board.....
    Hey it may have been a bad attempt at a joke but atleast it was an attempt. That should be considered a nice change from the usual bickering.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

reminds me of lazarus long from the heinlein novels. He always had guns strapped to his thighs, under the kilt.

I was wondering, what about a maglight? Could they realistically harrass you about a maglight?

Because that's really about all you need against a moderately armed opponen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:38pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats one of those things that it really depends on the situation. You use it in self defense, a mag light will most likely be very passable and no one would question it.

You use it to crack a head in a bar fight, they would probably stick you with premeditated and carrying a weapon. Unless you want to carry a tool belt around with you so you can pull the
    "Hey! I just got off of work!"
    Schtick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey it may have been a bad attempt at a joke but atleast it was an attempt. That should be considered a nice change from the usual bickering.
    Not as poor as my repartee it would seem.

As for maglites. The law is ANYTHING which is made, adapted or intended to cause injury to the person is an offensive weapon. The carrying of such an item is an arrestable offence with a maximum sentence of four years. Brit MA's who carry kubotans on their keyrings take note.

EDIT thats english law btw.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary
    Thats one of those things that it really depends on the situation. You use it in self defense, a mag light will most likely be very passable and no one would question it.

You use it to crack a head in a bar fight, they would probably stick you with premeditated and carrying a weapon. Unless you want to carry a tool belt around with you so you can pull the
    "Hey! I just got off of work!"
    Schtick.
    See, in my situation, I use the maglight for checking ticket stubs and reading communiques at night events, so I have a perfectly viable reason for bringing it, and the techniques I use are effective even with a plastic flashlight.

I've always got it on me late at night, downtown, as a matter of course.

Cracking someone's head open would be a lot harder than dislocating their shoulder with such an implement, IMHO.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234