Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 2:59pm

Style: Yang Taiji, Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Your bowels? Do not take defeat so badly; consider it an opportunity for education. I remind my kind advice that one has a choice to correct ignorance.

See? Education. I consider it noblesse oblige. Granted, it is a bit late for you to discover this innovative concept "science."

I suggest utilizing a sitz bath to heal those blisters. My People will inform me should you actually encounter a fact. "Blind squirrel in an oak forest," what? What?

Argumentum ad igorantiam and wrong, unfortunately. Given your tantrums and the reactions of Other Posters to them--far less kind and helpful as themodest contributions of moi--it seems we have all rather figured out your ignorance. You simply do not like the exposure. It is high time that you learn that for actions there are consequences: choose to be ignorant, and you will be recognized as ignorant.

Veins are not arteries. . . .

Like veins are not arteries. . . .

"Term."

Actually, if unkind men, we could continue for pages enjoying your foolishness. Some have made oatmeal and geekatude a veritable feast of entertainment.

I cannot claim such achievement: you entered the dojo naked with a peacock feather protruding from your posterior. All we did was point and laugh.

Obviously.

Further pleas for continuance so that he may actually find a science book and someone to assist him with "the big words."

Thus spake the retard.

Nevertheless, "wisemen write proverbs; fools repeat them."

--J.D.
    Dude. I've conceeded. i have nothing more to discuss with you at this time.

Relax a little.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 3:01pm

Style: Yang Taiji, Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    References please... :icon_stud

*** EDIT ***

Oh yes, I forgot... remember to tap quickly when you try them out. And please look at this clip first posted by Omega a few days ago - it'll give you a good idea of what grappling can do to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYuVQd-SdU

Speaking of which, has Omega taken a whiff off this thread? :evil6:
    By recent study, i'm talking about videos like that. It's no substitute for actual experience, but I'm getting a good idea of the strategies and techniques being used succesfully and unsucessfully.

I'm a firm believer in the principle of "measure twice, cut once". I'm not about to put my ass on the line without plenty of proper prior preperation.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only "proper prior preperation" you need is to select a qualified coach.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now he's sounding like a chunner "we don't do it, but it's all in the principles"
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 3:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I certainly would not recommend placing thine posterior on the precipace without prior proper preparation given the success of your previous placement HERE.

Would suggest leaving the thread then; I would certainly recommend cessation of making unsubstantiated claims.

--J.D.

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 3:56pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by peng
    And it's my opinion that the techniques translate very well to the ground, based on recent study. I have yet to test them out, but I'm itching, lol.

And it's my opinion that this is BS, frozen and cubed.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    It's all clear now. All you have to do is to feed a gopher a mix of oatmeal, chiplote, raisins mixed with sour milk and alka-seltzer. Then shake him, hold him by the neck, aim his ass at your opponents, and squeeze the **** out of his midsection.

Chiplote-flavored gopher **** is teh d31dl3y... see, basic chemistry, physics and mechanics go hand-in-hand with MA!!!!

It's spelled "d34dly".

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    It's spelled "d34dly".
    the chiplote must be impairing my l33t :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by peng
    By recent study, i'm talking about videos like that. It's no substitute for actual experience, but I'm getting a good idea of the strategies and techniques being used succesfully and unsucessfully.

I'm a firm believer in the principle of "measure twice, cut once". I'm not about to put my ass on the line without
    plenty of proper prior preperation
    Bro, in the name of God (or Lord Xenu or Obi Wan Kenobi) what the **** do you mean by "not putting your ass on the line"?

C'mon, taking a grappling class is not a fucking deadly kumite a-la Van Damme's "Blood Sport". It just a class. Watching videos without ever taking a lesson from a qualified instructor does not constitute plenty of proper prior preparation.

Taking a grappling class without ever watching a video (or not knowing grappling) is not putting your ass on the line. It's just taking a class on something that you don't know. Simple.

1. If you are watching videos to prepare yourself before taking lessons from a qualified grappling instructor, then fine, but that's a very inefficient way of preparing in terms of time and money, IMO.

2. If you are watching videos to prepare yourself to use grappling in a match or fight (which I surmize given your "not putting my ass on the line" comment), bro, vaya con Dios.

It's pretty cool to watch videos, but you know, up and until you are on the mat, with someone on top, and with a qualified instructor telling you what to do and what not to do, you are wasting your time and money.

Up and until you learn from a someone qualified to learn grappling, you will not have a modicum of the experience and knowledge necessary to say what techniques can or cannot be translated to ground fighting.

No offense man, but that would be like reading Steve Hawkings' "A Brief History Of Time" to have a deep understanding of Cosmology. :seppuku:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 7:21pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok...so I jumped to the last post hoping to find everyone hugging and being friends, but the beating goes on so it seems. Hell, I like IMA, I've done some for a couple of years. Can't honestly say that it made me a better fighter or some sort of african-portuguese-capeverdian killing machine, but somehow, in the middle of it all, it brought me some good things, like good posture, good breathing tecniques and some cool moves, that I still use when it's called for. Sure I could have learned it all from a zillion other places, but that was my choice and I enjoyed it a lot. I did the kung fu road(choy lee fat, white crane and taichi), did the glove road(kickboxing and muay thai) and now I'm doing the grappling road( with bjj)...and I enjoyed every piece of those experiences. Just let the guy enjoy his stuff...even if it sounds like bullshido sometimes or if offends your bullshido senses. If he's smart he'll see what's over hill...if not, well, there's always the throwdown!!:new_tomat