Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last
  1. #11
    KhorneliusPraxx
    Guest
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say it did...did I?

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,487
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, but you lamenting the fact that the US is more-or-less blamed for a lot of the global warming in the world after posting a story about a nuclear disaster in the USSR makes little sense.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,738
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    The disappearance of the lake was no surprise to the Soviets; they expected it to happen long before. The Soviet Union apparently considered the Aral to be "nature's error", and a Soviet engineer said in 1968 that "it is obvious to everyone that the evaporation of the Aral Sea is inevitable".
    awesome

  4. #14
    KhorneliusPraxx
    Guest
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    No, but you lamenting the fact that the US is more-or-less blamed for a lot of the global warming in the world after posting a story about a nuclear disaster in the USSR makes little sense.
    I was talking about various environmental problems all over the world and it should have been pretty obvious. Are you just trying to be arguementative?
    Everyone always says how dirty, polluted, and unhealthy the U.S. is.
    There are plenty of shitholes all over the earth. The U.S. is pristine compared to other industrial nations.

  5. #15
    Teh El Macho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,746
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    I was talking about various environmental problems all over the world and it should have been pretty obvious. Are you just trying to be arguementative?
    Everyone always says how dirty, polluted, and unhealthy the U.S. is.
    There are plenty of shitholes all over the earth. The U.S. is pristine compared to other industrial nations.
    Amen to that. Though global warming is an issue for which the U.S. greatly contributes to it, there is a lot of **** polluting all over the world, **** which is of much greater concern than global warming.

    The former USSR comes to mind. Beijing gets swallowed by dust storms, Lake Managua is my own country is quite close to become a pool of dead water, mercury, chlorine and alkaline ****, the skies over South East and South Asia are blanketed by a uniform layers of polutants, and don't even get me started with Mexico City or the deforestation of the Amazons.

    I can't believe it's 20 years already after Chernobyl. People far away easily forget, but the poor people living in those places. Man, they got a fucked up deal...
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,738
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    having more ecological responsibility than militaristic totalitarian regimes is something every progressive nation should be proud of!!!

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,738
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    Amen to that. Though global warming is an issue for which the U.S. greatly contributes to it, there is a lot of **** polluting all over the world, **** which is of much greater concern than global warming.
    With less than 5 percent of the world's population, the United States contributes 25 percent of the world's total carbon dioxide emissions -- more than China, Japan and India combined -- and consumes 26 percent of the world's oil, 25 percent of the coal and 27 percent of natural gas.
    http://www.nrdc.org/international/osuperpower.asp

    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    U S A!!! U S A!!! :ohyeah:

  8. #18
    broken fingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx
    Posts
    1,213
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its sad how many children are still getting sick from that... and to think that as kids we are taught that nuclear energy will give us superhuman powers and such...

  9. #19
    Odacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,631
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah well if the Brittish government don't close down the Sellafield nuclear plant, there'll be another Chernobyl soon enough. Bastards.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    308
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    Yeah well if the Brittish government don't close down the Sellafield nuclear plant, there'll be another Chernobyl soon enough. Bastards.
    Yeah and hopefully it will affect you in Dublin. :XXbirdman

Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO