Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True story that happened to me 17 years ago, this is before I did any martial arts.

Got into a fight after a party against two people - that is to say they jumped me.

Fight goes to the ground with me on the bottom. One guy gets on top and starts flailing away and the other guy starts kicking.

By some instinct I grabbed the guy on top and pulled him close. In some sort of shitty untrained instinctive gaurd. The person kept on punching and beating my sides, but the other guy couldn't do anything without hitting his friend.

I was traumatized at the time however in retrospect I came out of it with only some lumps and bruises and nothing worse than I have experienced in years of MA training.

Lessons I learned.

1) Fight's go to the ground sometimes no matter what.

2) Knowing what to do from the bottom is not just for trying to submit someone but seriously important in defending yourself. My shitty instinctive guard kept me from getting a real beating.

Ground fighting / grappling is not just about slick submissions but also how to survive and reverse the worst postions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:16pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    they may be a football player, or a wrestler or a natural ground and pounder. In these cases, without grappling ability you're probably gonna get pounded.
    Seriously Raitaro, you fail to consider that maybe this bigger guy WANTS to take you down and beat the crap out of you there, especially once you go all "kungfu" on his ass. Striking is far less effective from under mount. Grappling IS the only anti-grapple. That is not to say that striking is not important. The idea is to be a well-rounded fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:20pm

Style: JKD, MuayThai, BJJ, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    Seriously Raitaro, you fail to consider that maybe this bigger guy WANTS to take you down and beat the crap out of you there, especially once you go all "kungfu" on his ass. Striking is far less effective from under mount. Grappling IS the only anti-grapple. That is not to say that striking is not important. The idea is to be a well-rounded fighter.
    Thats the point. Dont grapple with a fat man. I would rather be able to do throws and strikes because I could just throw him of and throw a few punches aswell..

AAlternatively I could go SUPER SAYAN+10-X:qright4:

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:22pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raitaro
    Not very I learnt from books but I learned the basics and stuff

You have no training. You are not even a beginner. You are at best a dillitente and if you ever claim to have trained in judo again, the ghost of Jigoro Kano will materialize and kani basami your ass.

You don'tnow anything about fighting. Your thread sucks, and your perspective is narrow and meaningless. Come back when you have actually done something that would give you meaningful insight on grappling or fighting in general.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    You have no training. You are not even a beginner. You are at best a dillitente and if you ever claim to have trained in judo again, the ghost of Jigoro Kano will materialize and kani basami your ass..
    I said I learned from a book. I practiced on my brother and did some sparring at the local karate club. I can use these throws even if I dont do judo

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Come back when you have actually done something that would give you meaningful insight on grappling or fighting in general.
    No. Your under the impression I care what you think but I dont and Ill say unless I get banned or get tired of the place and leave. Now get your inflated head out your ass long enough to notice that having a dog shaped dildo is just sad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:27pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats the point. Dont grapple with a fat man. I would rather be able to do throws and strikes because I could just throw him of and throw a few punches aswell..

So you're basically saying that, instead of learning what to do in a bad situation, it's better to be completely fucked.

There is one thing that you aren't considering: what if your strategy of punching doesn't work? Then what?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fucking suck, dude.

With even a modicum of skill you could have thrown your opponent hard and listened to his skull thump off the pavement or hear the air forcefully leave his body like the sound a bag of potatoe chips makes when you pop it. Then stomped his **** and been done with it.

Instead you decided to play mano-a-mano fisticuffs with the high likelyhood of breaking your hands. Legally you have entered into 'mutual combat' instead of simply defending yourself from an assault. Good going.

Next time you come back with some lame ass **** like this be sure to bring your shine box, boy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:33pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said I learned from a book. I practiced on my brother and did some sparring at the local karate club. I can use these throws even if I dont do judo

So you know nothing about Judo, fighting, grappling...or anything else.

Gotcha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing!
    So you're basically saying that, instead of learning what to do in a bad situation, it's better to be completely fucked.

There is one thing that you aren't considering: what if your strategy of punching doesn't work? Then what?
    What if your strategy of grappling dosent work. What if you just suck. What if you get run over in an attempt to do a matrix back flip. If you get on the ground your screwed what im saying is Grapplign is overrated. Not useless or anything just overrated.

Jitsuman: I dont know nothing. Like I said I got corrected when I visited the Karate club. I suppose the Sifu guy dabbles in other Martial Arts aswell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:34pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

DBZ jokes aside, that's like saying, "I could just win the lottery." What happens if the "fat man" does take you down? No, you cannot just "throw him off". It doesn't work that way, unless you know how to properly escape the mount against a resisting opponent who is actually sitting on you (none of that "staged, on one knee, no body weight resting on you" bullshit you see in "crappling"). And how does one learn that? Grappling. It's only the be-all-end-all if you don't know it and the other guy does.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast