Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 9:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah totally. He stabs NEXT to her, then does some lame kick NEXT to her. I just found all the waffle about the secrets of time and space revealed by her crappling excercise really funny.

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 10:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't stop laughing at this video, I'm offically ROFLing.
    http://www.pittsburghbujinkan.com/li...ho_hanbo_4.mpg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 10:18pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I can't stop laughing at this video, I'm offically ROFLing.
    The art of throwing away your sword.. sitting on him and then rolling away! Priceless. I bet that fat man would roll faster if that sword was replaced with a Big Mac.

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 10:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I'm ROFLing at this:
    http://www.pittsburghbujinkan.com/li...n_disarm_2.mpg

I told you I was afraid to watch the gun disarms.

I'd love to find this clip I saw ages ago on the net which had multiple attackers and
    this due bent over this guy in front of him and climbed and stood on this back, the jumped off and tackles his other opponent who patiently waits his turn. $10 goes to the member who can find that clip.*

*disclaimer - Lie, no money actually given.
    Last edited by Virus; 4/28/2006 10:45pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 10:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread has an older brother where Koto_Ryu tries his hardest to defend Bujinkan with what he terms "good" videos. They are crap. At least Takayama wins in the end.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21788

My favorite:

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    I am glad you were willing to point out what's "good" Bujinkan, because now you can't fall back on "well, good Bujinkan is hard to find and if you saw Grand Siho Ninja Steve then you'd know...." because you were kind enough to go to the ends of the earth to hunt down and find these wonderful ninjitsu clips, and I for one cannot even begin to express my sincere gratitude. Seriously. It's like the Valentine's Day gift my girlfriend would've gave me if I, you know. Had a girlfriend.

http://www.daytonbujinkan.com/pictures-m-koyoku.html

Let's start with this. I realize this is a kata. I also realize that, much like a Magic Eye image, if I cross my eyes at it long enough I'll see the hidden image that takes place in some fantastical dimension where people actually do....that. And I'm sure it's teaching you "principles of movement" and "basic footwork" and that you're "wasting your fucking time" learning "kata that in no way bear even a passing resemblance to how real human beings fight". But I just want you to know...I showed that clip to some non-MA practicing friends and got big laughs. So thank you.

I liked this. You're holding a weapon, your opponent announces his intention of punching you, you scream and throw your weapon away which causes him to backflip into the some abstract, Cirque du Solei scarf hold variant. You wrist lock him and uncomfotably strike a "casual" pose because you're a Bujinkan practioner and thus have such an intricate knowledge of grappling you can afford to break the rules.

This has always interested me. Why is it that so many TMA feel the need to beat off on camera every time they use a submission? Why is it that every half-assed wrist lock is accompanied by uproarious laughter by the 43-year old fishing and woodworking enthusiasts in the audience and zingers of "that's gonna hurt in the morning!" by the pudgy stay-at-home moms in attendence? Why do you guys feel the need to at all times have one hand dangling at your side EVERY time you do a move that would require actual effort and control?

Why do you always fall over when doing an arm bar from the guard?

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 10:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been revewing some of these old bujinkan thread. Some classic stuff and strange to see some of our posters, who are now quite sensible, defend and nutride absolute rubbish. Heh, Two years ago I would have done the same thing. Boyd and Aesopian's posts are some of the best ever. We need a new bujinkan nutrider. All the old one's have either left or grown up.

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 11:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    This thread has an older brother where Koto_Ryu tries his hardest to defend Bujinkan with what he terms "good" videos. They are crap. At least Takayama wins in the end.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21788

My favorite:
    Remember this classic from Snowcat?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcat
    Remember BJJ is based off of Judo, and Judo is based of of Jujutsu. Ninpo Taijutsu is generally a form of Jujutsu (Jutaijutsu and Dakentaijutsu). I suppose I could stretch it and say that by saying ninpo taijutsu doesn't work, BJJ doesn't work. Pain is pain. Joint locks are joint locks. Distancing is distancing. It doesn't matter how the pain was caused, the limb was locked or the target moved. It did, and it worked. So shut the hell up already!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2006 11:22pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was a special breed of retard.

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 12:37am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I was just going over the bit where he challenged a guy with 15 years of competitive muay thai experiance to a death duel. It feels good to say that I'm no longer even loosely assosicated with that person.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2006 1:10am

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont think they grew up , they probably got sick of people that do nothing but talk ****
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast