Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 12:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the guys I took Hapkido with had an interesting story .

Three days after Katrina he shows up for class pissed off . He owns and manages about 15 barges and a number of tugs and commercial ships . All of his barges that were in NOLA where accounted for and "secured " the day before .

But that morning he recieved a call telling him that one of HIS BARGES got loose and took out a section of a levee over night .

and as he said he to me

" you know ... you have to use a tug boat to push an barge through a levee ... especialy an empty barge secured and accounted for by the port authority ."

last time I talked to him he was being sued by the city for repairs to that levee .

Strange days indeed .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Yah!Your friends who I assume are poor black citizens of N.O in the situation wanted to ge back at someone for their loss.
    Actually the guy who told me was 54, white and from Philly. He was just there. And stayed as part of the relief effort.

What better way than to cry conspiricy.
    So what your saying is that poor black folks from NOLA must be completely undeserving of any help that they get.

Or do you mean that you think racism plays no role in any descision that were made during the crisis.

Or do you wear bedsheets to meetings of your fraternal order?

I mean after all... Black Folks just want to get back a whitey for absolutely no reason right?

Exactly what are you trying to say?

Also the levy's had been built decades ago and only designed to handle a level 3 hurricane.What hit New-Orleans and southern Mississippi was a level 5.Infact I think it was the most powerful Level 5 to hit the area.
    Wrong. When Katrina made landfall she was downgraded to Catagory 3.

The levies were due to be beefed up to withstand Catagory 5 hurricane. Thoose fund were withdrawn despite FEMA naming a cat 5 hurricane hitting NOLA as a primary concern for them.

What role do you think Racism played in that descision?

Finally. The levy was dynatmited on purpose once before in 1965. This was down to flood the lower 9th in order to save white districts of the city. What role did racism play in that descision?

Your answer is breathlessly awaited,
    Antifa

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 1:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    One of the guys I took Hapkido with had an interesting story .

Three days after Katrina he shows up for class pissed off . He owns and manages about 15 barges and a number of tugs and commercial ships . All of his barges that were in NOLA where accounted for and "secured " the day before .

But that morning he recieved a call telling him that one of HIS BARGES got loose and took out a section of a levee over night .

and as he said he to me

" you know ... you have to use a tug boat to push an barge through a levee ... especialy an empty barge secured and accounted for by the port authority ."

last time I talked to him he was being sued by the city for repairs to that levee .

Strange days indeed .

Could I get more info on this please. I'd like to pass it along of course

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa
    Could I get more info on this please. I'd like to pass it along of course
    I will have to make sure it's ok and make sure there is not a request ( legal or otherwise) that the info not be shared .

PM me to remind me . I wanted to stop by the McDojang monday anyways and it would be a good excuse .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 1:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I will have to make sure it's ok and make sure there is not a request ( legal or otherwise) that the info not be shared .

PM me to remind me . I wanted to stop by the McDojang monday anyways and it would be a good excuse .

I'll pm to remind you tonite.

Please keep in mind that the info will be passed to foaming at the mouth leftist radicals. just so you know. I believe in informed consent

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually the guy who told me was 54, white and from Philly. He was just there. And stayed as part of the relief effort.
    So you heard this story 3rd hand passed down from high above from god himself.

So what your saying is that poor black folks from NOLA must be completely undeserving of any help that they get.
    No I never said that.What i meant was that because relief help had taken so long that for the citizens of NO than that's an indication of a massive conspiracy.

So far everything I have seen on news reports tells me of a bureaucray and bad management at the senior level.

I still haven't seen any breaking news reports of conspiracy and sabotage by CNN or NBC.Where is your forensic evidence BTW?

Or do you mean that you think racism plays no role in any descision that were made during the crisis.
    For me to know if racism played any role I would need to meet and get to know of every government official and NO law enforcement agent to onfirm that.

Or do you wear bedsheets to meetings of your fraternal order?

I mean after all... Black Folks just want to get back a whitey for absolutely no reason right?

Exactly what are you trying to say?
    Now you' re just being an an asshole.If you know me .Than you would know that I would not be welcomed at any Klan meeting.

And what do you call when someone accuses anybody on the internet of being a racist who does not immediately agree with that person.

:eusa_clap Bravo for showing your true colors.Closed minded idiot.
    Wrong. When Katrina made landfall she was downgraded to Catagory 3.

The levies were due to be beefed up to withstand Catagory 5 hurricane. Thoose fund were withdrawn despite FEMA naming a cat 5 hurricane hitting NOLA as a primary concern for them.

What role do you think Racism played in that descision?
    Where you see racism or government conspiracy I see more government bungly and buraucracy that's out of control.Afterall the United States is in the most expensive war since the vietnam war.At the same time that changes du to global warming is now taking it's most worts effects.

Thank you for correcting my mistake.

Finally. The levy was dynatmited on purpose once before in 1965. This was down to flood the lower 9th in order to save white districts of the city. What role did racism play in that descision?

Your answer is breathlessly awaited,
    Antifa
    That I did not know.Where did you read this.Is there a link to a website?

Is this where you got the idea that the levy's were sabotaged during Katrina?
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 4/30/2006 2:53pm at .

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 3:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder when Spike Lee will make a movie about this.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG you are going to be so fun!

So you heard this story 3rd hand passed down from high above from god himself.
    If you re-read what I wrote, (you can read cant you?), you would see that I heard it from a first hand witness. YOU are receiving it a second hand account.

I admit to my lack of evidence. Take it or leave it at your pleasure. Re-read my previous posts.

Address all the rest of the racism invovled in the whole ordeal.

No I never said that.What i meant was that because relief help had taken so long that for the citizens of NO than that's an indication of a massive conspiracy.

So far everything I have seen on news reports tells me of a bureaucray and bad management at the senior level.

I still haven't seen any breaking news reports of conspiracy and sabotage by CNN or NBC.Where is your forensic evidence BTW?
    No the news was busy with its own racist justifications.

Black people "loot".

White people "find supplies"

nuff said.

For me to know if racism played any role I would need to meet and get to know of every government official and NO law enforcement agent to onfirm that.
    A former official in the Clinton administration, Sydney Blumenthal, has written in Der Spiegel: "In early 2001, the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a report stating that a hurricane striking New Orleans was one of the three most likely disasters in the US, including a terrorist attack on New York City.

So why not deal with it? Who suffers the most? What lead to the "bureaucratic buggling and indifference? A shift in priorities due to the global war on terror?
    Or the fact that the government does not really give a **** about the lives and property of poor black people?

Now you' re just being an an asshole.
    I'm not "just being an asshole". I'm asshole to the core. Dont you forget it.

And what do you call when someone accuses anybody on the internet of being a racist who does not immediately agree with that person.
    usually? "comrade".

:eusa_clap Bravo for showing your true colors.
    Cool... play Cindy Lauper for me

Closed minded idiot.
    Where you see racism or government conspiracy I see more government bungly and buraucracy that's out of control.Afterall the United States is in the most expensive war since the vietnam war.At the same time that changes du to global warming is now taking it's most worts effects.
    Why is that "out of control beuracracy" indifferent to the plight of the people of NOLA. Why can that same buraucracy provide better relief to and more money to war-torn south asia then LA?

Priorities? Or Racism? or are they somehow linked?

Thank you for correcting my mistake.

That I did not know.Where did you read this.Is there a link to a website?
    from: http://www.bestofneworleans.com/disp...ver_story.html

One of the issues raised in An Evening with Betsy and in any casual rehashing of Hurricane Betsy's devastation is the speculation that the Army Corps of Engineers, at the behest of the city, actually blew up the levee at a certain point in the storm, thus sacrificing the neighborhoods in that vicinity in order to spare the French Quarter from extreme damage. While it is true that the Florida Avenue levee was breached and that led to greater flooding in the Ninth Ward and Chalmette, so far there have only been rumors that this breach was intentional.

The source of the rumors may lie in the collective memory of the 1927 flood, when the city did authorize the destruction of the levees further up river for the ostensible purpose of preserving the more expensive sectors of the city.

Is this where you got the idea that the levy's were sabotaged during Katrina?
    RTFP

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 4:17pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alas I dont. According to friends of mine who saw the levies there was a 3 foot burn/tear at the top that precipitated the general collaspe of the levy.

I believe the people that witnessed this first hand and told me. They have aboslutely no reason to lie to me.

If you dont believe me thats cool.. I'm not sure I want to believe it. You have an alternate explaination? Convince me. I open to that.
    Unless your buddy is an explosives expert how would he know how this tear happened, unless he actually saw someone blow the levy?

The Gretna incident by contrast has eyewitnesses who have come forward and make their comments using their real names. This was when people were trying to flee NO, and the city of Gretna closed a bridge so the predominantly black population could not leave through Gretna.

Some anoymous person making claims doesn't mean anything.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 4:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Unless your buddy is an explosives expert how would he know how this tear happened, unless he actually saw someone blow the levy?

The Gretna incident by contrast has eyewitnesses who have come forward and make their comments using their real names. This was when people were trying to flee NO, and the city of Gretna closed a bridge so the predominantly black population could not leave through Gretna.

Some anoymous person making claims doesn't mean anything.
    I said take it or leave it. He is not an explosives guy. He is a welder.

Somebody said it was tinfoil hat time. So I went there. All I've got is what my friend has to say. I believe he believes it. Do what you want with that.

I'm not going to be offended if you dont accpet 2nd hand evidence from somebody you dont know over the internet. Thats commendable.

I'd love to be able to prove it. Or even disprove it so that all the provable racist indicendents that happened can be addressed. Taken cumulatively these amount to ethinic cleansing.

But thanks for validating the Gretna bussiness
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast