Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:35am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 5:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    If he replaced those hot women with pics of these guys he'd have much less support. He really does make an asinine arguement. Only women and good fathers buy guns in his world?

Werd.

Gangbangers that pay child support can send in an application for good father status.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 8:18am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he replaced those hot women with pics of these guys he'd have much less support. He really does make an asinine arguement. Only women and good fathers buy guns in his world?

Becuase these guys aquire their guns leagally......

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 9:25am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    Becuase these guys aquire their guns leagally......

and i'm sure that they represent the majority of people that own firearms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 9:40am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    and i'm sure that they represent the majority of people that own firearms.
    Even better point thanks!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 9:52am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    Even better point thanks!
    According to anti-gun media it is Thugs and Militants.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, Oleg has never said that only the people in his photographs are gun owners. He acknowledges that there are bad people out there who use guns for bad purposes. He's not friends with muggers and wannabe gangstas, but he knows they exist.

Second, by your lights, does that mean that because you posted a picture of thugs flashing gang signs, you believe only thugs own guns in America? There are almost 300 million guns in the United States right now. The VAST majority are legally owned by responsible, law-abiding citizens.

Third, the fact that there's a bad guy out there planning to do something awful with his firearm has no bearing on my right to own my firearm. I'm not him. I'm not responsible for the bad things he does and punishing me will not stop him. You can't keep those thugs in your photo from hurting people by stealing my property under color of law, even if it weren't disgustingly immoral to do it anyway.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 12:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My image is just as accurate as his. I'm not saying that the guy is wrong or that his position is wrong. I'm saying that he's putting out an image just as false as mine, making his arguments based on them.
    In your mind, anyway.

We are a product of our enviroment. You come from an area that has strict gun control and the only ppl you know who have them are gang bangers and criminals.

At the other end of the spectrum, I am quite comfortable hanging out with my buddies at the gun range, where everyone is armed and legal owners.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 1:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Erm, no. Most of the guys at my gym own guns. One guy came through the door looking like Rambo one day. 45 in one hand, the other full of shotgun shells, two holsters, a taser, a tactical vest, various other weaponry, etc. Back home you can get guns reasonably easily. You just can't bring them into the district. My instructor back home is a merc part of the time so I can assume he owns one.

On the gang banger side we have majority MS-13 and they prefer machetes.

So, as you can see, a good number of fairly positive, trustworthy people around me own guns. Thats not the point though. The point is that trying to act like hot women and good fathers are the only people that own a gun is ridiculous. Asking if i would disarm hotty #1 is a question about my dick, not my views on gun ownership. The guys in my pic may very well be law abiding citizens organized for community self defense. Doubt it, but still... Or, we could replace all of the hot women and clean cut fathers with this guys:

Your answer on disarming him may not change, but its not so ridiculous a question now, is it?
    You left out in your diatribe whether the gun owners owned them legally or not. Any idiot who comes into a gym showing off his guns is not a responsible gun owner. It may be easy to get guns back home, I can too on the street corner in hialeah, but it is not legal.

What you are arguing is pretty shallow, why would anyone want to take pictures of ugly women?

I mean, unless that's your thing. Seems you like pics of black men and guns. Whatever turns you on homie! :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 2:32am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found that site a few months ago, and I have to say that ...

The guy is absolutely correct and I've always agreed with his points; constitutionally and from the viewpoint of a truly free society it's rather inescapable.

But I don't see, with the kind of intelligent and open-minded libertarian thinking that millions of americans are obviously capable of carrying in their heads, how

1) the freedom to smoke, snort, drink or inject arbitrary ****

and

2) freedom to ****, or marry, people of arbitrary sexes

can be so generally unsupported by gun owners.

I mean, those are personal-freedom issues that, generally speaking (and dismissing strawman arguments), there isn't even a CHANCE of killing or harming someone else with.

My initial assumption, because I always start by assuming people are motivated by ignorance and selfishness instead of intelligence and moral certitude, would be that in general gun owners could care less whether it's right or responsible for them to own guns, and have ended up on the right side of this thing either by chance or for a variety of selfish, petty reasons.

:) Oh yeah.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast