Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 10:08pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pulling up threads started by you I pull up several on video games. Video games are dorky.

Having dorky hobbies isnt anything to be ashamed of, you know.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 10:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN

My name isn't Wataru.
    good point
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Archery is awesome, as defined by the Decleration of Awesome and Lame.
    See that? That's dorky.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you CAN own a GE Minigun in California. I know you can own one in Tennessee, where Kat lives. Good luck finding one that's transferable, and then of course you need enough money to mount it and buy ammunition, but there's no law against it.

I believe Mike Dillon actually owns a transferable minigun, though it may be the only one in existence. It's not regulated any differently than any other machine gun. There seem to be several other owners out there, but as far as I know they're all Special Occupational Taxpayers (machine gun dealers) who own post '86 "dealer samples."

Also, did you actually argue that citizens can't win against the federal government because they have the Phalanx system? Were you serious?
    Granted, that will make it difficult to employ my anti-ship missiles effectively, but I still think my nuclear subs will make a significant dent in the carrier group. :eusa_danc

Seriously, the government can have all the toys it wants, but if it wants to enforce tyrannical laws that actually inspire a popular revolution, it has to use soldiers on the ground. Yes, it could level Chicago or St. Louis with B-52's, but since those are American cities and it's trying to be America's government, it's not an attractive option. It would also only have to happen once before the rest of the nation rose up to destroy everyone who had anything to do with ordering such a thing.
    You think the insurgency in Iraq is tough to deal with? It would be worse here. It would be horrible for the insurgents--worse than I think, probably. Years of near-starvation and sudden, unpredictable death. However, people don't live in tanks and bombers. A partisan in Europe was asked once how he would deal with Germans in Panzers when he had only pistols and rifles. He replied that even tankers had to get out and take a piss every once in awhile.

When you speak of the "only real protection against tyranny" being the Posse Comitatus Act, you may be forgetting that it's only a law passed by Congress. You count on it to protect you from that same Congress, which has the power to repeal it tomorrow morning if they so choose. Then what?

The possession of weapons by the citizenry is not some law. It's not a paper tiger. We have these weapons, and passing a law won't take them away from us by itself.
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 4/26/2006 10:41pm at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 10:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Using computers isn't dorky.

LOL!

You're right. It's geeky, not dorky. I'm a geek, and I'm proud of it.

I founded a dorky computer company to prove it, too!

:smile:
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 12:52am

Style: Decline to State

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MJS takes the internet fuckin' SERIOUSLY.

SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Shares of my Internet are rising on the NASDAQ, that's why. MJS is a huge investor in my stock.

My name isn't Wataru.
    I don't get it.
    Last edited by Patrick Hooley; 4/27/2006 1:09am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 1:56am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    A rebellion with military support is a different beast than the a bunch of armed civilians somehow organizing into irregular units and defeating a modern army fit with chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, a navy and airforce.

Presuming that a popular uprising have a higher chance of success in modern times than in that of Ceasar is as ludicrous as this diversion.

EDIT: Jesus is faster, that fucker
    Do you pay attention to current news. Or, how about history.

Vietnam, and now Iraq.

Both show that armed indigenious forces do more than enough to stand up to a modern military. Past and present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 2:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Afghans and Vietnamese weren't citizens who shot guns every Tuesday and Saturday at Bill's Shooting Shack, they were capable soldiers who had experience actually fighting.
    Do you make **** up as you go along? The Afghans and Vietcong were NOT capable soldiers. They were given training by the US and Chinese respectively with advisors. There was no boot camp, there was no specilaized training. Here is a Stinger. Put the target in the sites, engage the safety, pull the trigger, shoot down the Hind.

First, there's no reason to believe citizens won't kill citizens, because it happens all the time, especially when the citizens being killed are viewed as enemies to the country. In fact, you guys have said you will do it when Big Brother marches the military into your country, and the time comes to use those weekends at the range to save The World.

Second, the American Revolution and bringing armed forced into America are very different. Britain was fighting wars around the world, so it couldn't bring its full strength to bear on the colonies. The Americans also had the help of foreign powers, especially the French, which is no guarantee should the American government march soldiers into the country. Finally, the American revolutionaires got their **** handed to them too, before Washington was able to make an effective fighting force, and he was only given the time to do so on account of the other two factors.

You are making alot of excuses for the British, are you one? Bottom line, the United States defeated a World Power, you cannot take that fact away from history, no matter who helped, who the British was fighting, blah, blah, blah.
    Last edited by Pandinha; 4/27/2006 2:03am at .
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Office Drone

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Do you pay attention to current news. Or, how about history.

Vietnam, and now Iraq.

Both show that armed indigenious forces do more than enough to stand up to a modern military. Past and present.
    This discussion has been done if you read back and while there are some similarities, a limited conflict winning 'hearts and minds' by a relatively responsible world power using conventional forces is nothing compared to the situation we're talking about. Instead of current events, I suggest you view how successful totalitarian regimes have been in crushing insurgency in the previous century. The America that requires you dorks to 'rise up' and put those pee shooters to work is not going to be the same America that punishes it's own solidiers when they abuse prisoners, it would presumably be a 'big brother'-type regime (their implication, not mine) who would ruthlessly clusterfuck a civilian resistance.

Not to mention my more important point that these people come to power not by alieanating the gun-toters and militarists, but by enlisting them. Chances are you will be putting the bullet in my brain when I speak out (note: speak, not shoot) rather than putting your bullets into Big Brother

Office Drone

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 2:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Do you make **** up as you go along? The Afghans and Vietcong were NOT capable soldiers. They were given training by the US and Chinese respectively with advisors. There was no boot camp, there was no specilaized training. Here is a Stinger. Put the target in the sites, engage the safety, pull the trigger, shoot down the Hind.
    Maybe not capable, but motivated, taking a look at the waistline of the average American gun-toter, I don't see someone who could tough it out in an underground bunker, live on a starvation diet or otherwise fight with anywhere near the conviction of any mujahadeen or vietcong.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 2:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Vietcong and Mujahadeen received military training from the Chinese and Soviets, and the Americans, respectively. They didn't just see tanks rolling over the hill and say, "Wonder Redneck powers activate!"

Camus, you finally beat me to the punch.
    Do some research on militias in the US. You will find that they are very well trained.