233668 Bullies, 3467 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 8:13am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NOLA, Katrina, and the Second Amendment

New Orleans Now Admits It Seized Firearms From Citizens

By Susan Jones

Mar 20, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - A Second Amendment group calls it a "stunning reversal." After denying it for months, the City of New Orleans on Wednesday admitted that it does have a stockpile of firearms seized from private citizens in the days following Hurricane Katrina.

The city even took lawyers to the place where some 1,000 firearms are being stored.

"This is a very significant event," said attorney Dan Holliday, who represents National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation in an on-going lawsuit seeking to stop the city from seizing privately-owned firearms.

The city's disclosure came as attorneys for both sides prepared for a court hearing on a motion to hold the city in contempt. (On March 1, The Second Amendment Foundation and the National Rifle Association filed a motion to have New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and Police Superintendent Warren Riley held in contempt of court for refusing to comply with an injunction to stop illegal gun confiscations and return all seized firearms to their rightful owners.)

"We're almost in disbelief," said Second Amendment Foundation Founder Alan Gottlieb on Wednesday. "For months, the city has maintained it did not have any guns in its possession that had been taken from people following the hurricane. Now our attorneys have seen the proof that New Orleans was less than honest with the court."

Under an agreement with the court, the hearing on the contempt motion has been delayed for two weeks, and during that time, the city reportedly will set up a process to return the guns to their lawful owners.

"While we are stunned at this complete reversal on the city's part, the important immediate issue is making sure gun owners get their property back," Gottlieb said.

"What happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina was an outrage," he added. "Equally disturbing is the fact that it apparently took a motion for contempt to force the city to admit what it had been denying for the past five months."

As Cybercast News Service reported in February, the National Rifle Association used images of law enforcement officers confiscating legally possessed firearms from New Orleans residents to rally conservatives at a recent conference in Washington.

National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre urged people attending the Conservative Political Action Conference to "Remember New Orleans!"

------

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 8:30am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanks NOLA

Thanks for making it less like for people to survive in hostile situations. We salute you NOLA government for removing peoples right to defend themselves and their property.....

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    4/25/2006 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't this be grounds for a massive class actions suit for violating civil rights? (gun ownership is constitutionally protected) Or at least property rights.

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 10:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Careful, this is Bat Country.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    I'm gonna go ahead and put my tin foil cap on here. There is not one thing in that city that was not utterly fucked in the aftermath of Katrina. One non sequiter after another as the city descended into chaos. Then what happens? The media and the government are all "Nope, didn't happen." as if they can sweep it under the rug now. Between the bizarre actions of the citizens, and the bizarre, unhelpful and illegal actions of the local, state and federal governments, one can only conclude that there was something else going on there. What the hell would posess and of the involved parties to behave in the way they did? Even the idiots at Fox news were forced to act human in their shock at the situation.

NOLA wasn't just a hurricane. NOLA was a live fire urban warfare scenario engineered by the government, hence the absurdity of the situation in the first place followed by an immediate government and media coverup.

Agree and disagree. I wasnt there, but I did distance support for the relief efforts and many of my close comrades were there, some arriving before the military.

My crew mounted a rescue of this guy

It took 2 armed attempts to get the boat to his porch. And then he didnt want to leave his dog. But we got him out.

I'll say this from all the first hand accounts I received from people I trust with my life:

1) Somebody definately weakend the levy so that they would break. It was done with explosives.

2) It was mostly black citizens that were disarmed/killed. There were definately white "militias" active during the crisis openly killing black folks without warning or quater. Friends of mine were involved in multiple standoffs with them. Dont **** with Black Panthers, even when they are 60.

3) There is definately a series of racist real estate moves going down to strip as man people in the 9th ward and Algiers of their land and then re-sell it to specualtors.

Was it a planned live fire exercise? No. Was it oppoutunistic ethinic cleansing? Definately.

More data in response to questions,
    Antifa

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 12:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'opportunistic ethnic cleansing'

thats awesome - I feel good about hounding you on that other thread: you've got some good stuff to say.

On the other hand, my natural scepticism is going wild: how do your friends know this and why do they not have firm evidence?

AS soon as this went down I saw the writing on the wall: Big Easy ain't gonna be a chocolate city no more. THe most blatant thing I've seen is the attempt ot kep people from voting from outside the state. A blatant attempt to politically disempower the poor black population.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa
    I'll say this from all the first hand accounts I received from people I trust with my life:

1) Somebody definately weakend the levy so that they would break. It was done with explosives.

2) It was mostly black citizens that were disarmed/killed. There were definately white "militias" active during the crisis openly killing black folks without warning or quater. Friends of mine were involved in multiple standoffs with them. Dont **** with Black Panthers, even when they are 60.

3) There is definately a series of racist real estate moves going down to strip as man people in the 9th ward and Algiers of their land and then re-sell it to specualtors.

Was it a planned live fire exercise? No. Was it oppoutunistic ethinic cleansing? Definately.

Antifa
    Explosives to weaken the levy's.WTF!?!?And your source for all this was?????Please you better have forensic evidence to back that nonsense up or get off the internet.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 12:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Explosives to weaken the levy's.WTF!?!?And your source for all this was?????Please you better have forensic evidence to back that nonsense up or get off the internet.

Alas I dont. According to friends of mine who saw the levies there was a 3 foot burn/tear at the top that precipitated the general collaspe of the levy.

I believe the people that witnessed this first hand and told me. They have aboslutely no reason to lie to me.

If you dont believe me thats cool.. I'm not sure I want to believe it. You have an alternate explaination? Convince me. I open to that.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 12:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    'opportunistic ethnic cleansing'

thats awesome - I feel good about hounding you on that other thread: you've got some good stuff to say.
    Thanks.

On the other hand, my natural scepticism is going wild: how do your friends know this and why do they not have firm evidence?
    I normally dont talk about it because its not only unproven, but in my opionon unprovable. But sincebody else went there::tinfoil:

I figured... what the hell.

AS soon as this went down I saw the writing on the wall: Big Easy ain't gonna be a chocolate city no more. THe most blatant thing I've seen is the attempt ot kep people from voting from outside the state. A blatant attempt to politically disempower the poor black population.
    Not to mention the whole Gretna incident. Or has that been discussed here already?

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yah!Your friends who I assume are poor black citizens of N.O in the situation wanted to ge back at someone,anyone, for their loss.What better way than to cry conspiracy.

Also the levy's had been built decades ago and only designed to handle a level 3 hurricane.What hit New-Orleans and southern Mississippi was a level 5.Infact I think it was the most powerful Level 5 to hit the area.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 4/30/2006 12:39pm at .
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast