Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 9:39am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this has been asked before on this forum and the answer was get a job and take BJJ (or anything that trains alive and floats your boat). Judo clubs are usually much cheaper.

I trained TJF jitsu for two years, it's a traditional style and I came out pretty jaded. It was the same deal with standing armlocks, tons of wristlocks and judo throws but barely any randori. I quit and started taking BJJ and haven't looked back.

I will never understand how a style founder can take throws, the nage no kata and the ground pins and locks from judo and then ignore everything Kano said about randori.

I'd advise against trying to add aliveness to your TJJ classes. Let people who train alive teach you, there's a lot of basics to learn about trying something against resistance your instructors have no idea about (at least, that's what happened with me).

Good luck!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 12:05pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. I do have a job, but between car insurance and paying for school books I can't really afford BJJ right now, maybe in a year when I finish lawschool.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567