Thread: Late, but new.

Style
    Hiatus for Gen. Fitness
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Late, but new.

I'm sort of new to the forums, didn't notice this little slice of Bullshido until today and figured I should post, mostly because I am bored and have some spare time.

The name's Chris Nagy and, for the most part, I hit people. My experience is primarily in Moodukkwan TKD (I was taught by Sean McEntee, who was taught by Tom McMorrow Jr., who was taught by Todd Jones, who was taught by James Diaz.) I also wrestled heavyweight in highschool. At 230, I was too big to get down to 215 (I tried) and too small to stand much of a chance against the 275 guys. My record in wrestling is an unimpressive 1/1, I didn't exactly get alot of matches outside of open tournaments.

I also did a brief stint in Shito-ryu karate, which was very amusing. Maybe someday I'll tell tales about that class. "No matter how your day was, when sensei asks you, your day was fine."

At 6'1"ish, 294 lbs, I've got some weight to drop http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...y/IMG_0036.jpg (my ugly mug and build,) and my primary interest in Bullshido is the motivation to train harder and then attend the Throwdowns. I'm generally a pretty open-minded guy, and I'm not the type to hate on another style (seeing as I do TKD, I don't seem to have much to stand on in the way of style-bashing.) I don't like bullshit, though, when it comes to martial arts I want to see it and experience it myself, or else I'll have a hard time buying into it.

In the future, I'm looking for a kickboxing school and likely a bjj or judo school.

Just for kicks, I am a powerbreaker. As soon as I find a place to host a video, I'll throw one up.

So, that's a bit about me.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn. I was hoping your handle was a cunning judo reference.

However, at 6'1" you're maybe on the tall side to be a seoi-nage player. Not that that should stop you trying! 'Cos the whole "I'm C. Nagy, and I seoi-nage" thing is too good to miss. It's like being a BJJ guy called R.M. Barr.

Go find yourself some judo. It is your destiny.

Style
    the beeg
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hooray for introduction threads! Good luck with the weight loss, I can feel your pain; I am down ~55 pounds (240lbs - 185lbs) from this time last year. Don't let past failures stop you from trying again, though you look pretty stocky, there is always fat to lose, fatty :P. Are you still doing TKD actively? An chance you can make the Mega in Kansas City at the end of May?
    Locu5
    combat sports hobbyist

Style
    Hiatus for Gen. Fitness
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    Damn. I was hoping your handle was a cunning judo reference.

However, at 6'1" you're maybe on the tall side to be a seoi-nage player. Not that that should stop you trying! 'Cos the whole "I'm C. Nagy, and I seoi-nage" thing is too good to miss. It's like being a BJJ guy called R.M. Barr.

Go find yourself some judo. It is your destiny.
    Far be it for me to disrupt destiny. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it, though I can't seem to find any judo (or bjj for that matter) nearby. Interesting that my name is a play on words for a throw.

Style
    Hiatus for Gen. Fitness
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    Hooray for introduction threads! Good luck with the weight loss, I can feel your pain; I am down ~55 pounds (240lbs - 185lbs) from this time last year. Don't let past failures stop you from trying again, though you look pretty stocky, there is always fat to lose, fatty :P. Are you still doing TKD actively? An chance you can make the Mega in Kansas City at the end of May?
    At the moment, I am down around 55 pounds, though I recently hit a plateau that I am trying to break through. I'm built wide across the shoulders, and I've always weighed alot more than I looked, but yeah, I could stand to lose another 50-60 pounds.

I still train TKD but, since I moved away from Orlando, I am no longer recieving instruction, which pretty much means that I've missed out on alot of forms and rank promotions, heh. And Aikido, but I never really felt that it played to my strengths (which happen to be manhandling people.)

I wish I could make it to Kansas City, but the money situation is a bit tight because I already budgeted all of my travelling for the next few months. The Throwdowns are the largest reason I registered, though, so I'll start attending as soon as I can.

Style
    Hiatus for Gen. Fitness
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found my first two powerbreaks for concrete. The idea to slam various parts of my body through stacks of concrete really started as a challenge. With some exceptions, I like to accept challenges for tests of strength and whatnot-- I was challenged to put my palm through a brick, so I did.

This is me fucking up the downward palm. Instead of a palm strike, it was a slap (and it stung.) This is where I found out that I had a bit of talent for this sort of thing (and by talent I mean a lack of hesistation when it comes to self-injury... XD) http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ent=Break1.flv
    Also, some post break complaining due to the aforementioned ****-up.

My second break was going to be a downward elbow, but I decided to use my forearm instead. Not enough rotation in the hips or shoulders kept me from getting through to that last one... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ent=Break2.flv
    Man, I wish I were wearing cooler clothes...
    Last edited by CNagy; 5/03/2006 1:07pm at .