Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Shinsuikan dojo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you still didn't answer the question. For Example is a Shodan in Bujinkan equal to 1st Degree Black Belt in BJJ?

Bujinkan Shodan = 14 month - 2 years of training
    BJJ Black Belt = 12-15 years of training

You just spewed random japanese

Gosai - Nidan in Aikido, around 7-9 years of training.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure you would ever find enlightenment in a place that teaches Aikido and a bastardized TKD/Karate through the same guy. The majority of Aikido practicioners I've met would rather lose a fight then have to use TKD.

As for this school, it won't be anything like your previous school.. at all. Unless your previous teacher was a walking contradiction as well.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shaolinz, make you a deal. You quit ShaolinDo and people will listen to you.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze

I wont
    :hello2:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Actually I have already quit. SD is just the last place I officially trained anywhere (no reason to lie about my background). I trained with a 2nd degree black belt who was actually half decent and a group of his previous students (who were not decent, black belts sparing white belts should not lose). However, after visiting their Austin school I want absolutely nothing to do with them ever again. Except for that one guy they are a complete joke.

I'm currently looking at KO Sports or Vandry's in Austin, TX to continue training. I've also trained at Pittman's BJJ in Lubbock, TX.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, Mr. Mason was cool and knew what he was doing.

True, I had limited experience in Aikido and it isn't really for me.

I do want to learn to fight, I was just wondering if anyone on this board would be able to find anything of merit too this Dojo, I mean it's close so there's convenience involved...

And I was skeptical of the TKD/Krotty hybrid but willing to give the benifit of the doubt. Really I was more interested in the Judo aspect of his training. Well...I might beck it out, since I did call and leave a message before seeing his site (was not at home and couldn't see his site at the time)

So i at least owe it too the guy to check out a class or two...but, i'm probably gonna end up agreeing with Kagekaze and the rest of you guys.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you could do just judo classes - OK, I guess. I would still find andother BJJ place if I were you, even if you have to drive a bit.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that is a pretty good idea, but I haven't found one around yet so i've been trying to find a good Judo place.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate people who call aikido a samurai art. I dont belive Ueshiba was a samurai, and I doubt any of his students were.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed. If i'm not mistaken he was born AFTER the whole era of samurai ended and all that...

In other news: I'm visiting for one of their classes today. That Karate/Tae Kwon Do hybrid thing of theirs. I'll let you all know how that goes and what impressions I get.

Might stay for the Aikido lesson after it too. Depends.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last