Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 5:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido has techniques where you use punches and such to cause a reaction and change a person's center of gravity so you can throw them better.

They don't work either.

That's when I break out the smoke bombs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 5:53pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was talking about `within the throw` not afterwards. i never said `dont bother further making victim scream like richard simmons when he hits the ground`

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 5:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Aikido has techniques where you use punches and such to cause a reaction and change a person's center of gravity so you can throw them better.

They don't work either.

That's when I break out the smoke bombs.
    good for aikido? how does go-jitsu improve on this?

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 5:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikidoka also play with wooden swords

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Aikidoka also play with wooden swords

a ferrari and a volkswagen are both sometimes red?

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 6:00pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kamae are not static. What a ridiculous argument.

NO STANCE IS STATIC. My boxing stance... not static. And yet, when I throw a round kick, I'm temporarily unbalanced because I'm on one leg. I see guys get taken down all the time when they throw kicks. Hicho might have made sense wearing full yoroi and dodging a low yokogiri at the legs, but it is NOT practical when fighting, I would think, because your legs are close together, you're balanced on one foot, your hands are up, and you're ripe for a double leg.

I don't know; I've never had anyone try it on me in sparring. I'd be curious to see how it works out. Myself, I wouldn't do it. Someone sweeps at me, I'd pick up my leg and get it back on the ground as soon as possible, just to keep the most stable base.

Besides, think of the "typical" hicho kata. A punch to the stomach that you trap between your knee and your fist, while you bring up your other hand to grab a shuriken out of your jacket and throw it back at your opponent, or dodging the gedan yokogiri and then kicking at the mune of the blade?

No thank you.
    --
    L.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 6:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Virus, you're a Sandan? Why not go teach your own classes? Add in sparring, bagwork, and conditioning. Help fight against Bullshido! ;)

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We can argue about the theory of what's going to work and how all night.

Do yourself a favour: go to a judo dojo and try it out. Be honest about your experience and what you want to achieve, then see what they have to say.

If you don't like it, fine. If you discover that your Bujinkan moves are effective against any half-decent judoka, then I take my hat off to you. I have no idea how good you are or what your experience is.

Just try it out. I'm not telling you to quit the Bujinkan, I'm advising you to try out full-resistance training and then be objective about how it compares to your current training.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 6:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Besides, think of the "typical" hicho kata. A punch to the stomach that you trap between your knee and your fist, while you bring up your other hand to grab a shuriken out of your jacket and throw it back at your opponent, or dodging the gedan yokogiri and then kicking at the mune of the blade?

No thank you.

i have never trained it like that, the defending arm is clearing out the attacking strike as raised leg is kicking too off balance before striking with a shuto too the neck from the opposite side arm.
    no shuriken or reaching into jacket pockets here.

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 6:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_jebus
    good for aikido? how does go-jitsu improve on this?
    GoJu-Jitsu spars using a fill range of motion, kicks, punches, take downs, throws grappling and submission against people who are doing their best to stop you from doing it to them and do the same to you.

We practice things like throwing a back fist to someones face while shooting in and droping low to get shoelace penetration and do a single leg throw.

Having said that you have to practice, practice and practice more against people who are trying their best to stop and counter you.

I have pulled it off sometimes and failed sometimes and been caught in a guillotine trying it.

That's the great thing about sparring with resistence. Nothing like being choked out to teach you what you did wrong.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast