Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    5/14/2003 3:04am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably best headgear for MMA style sparring,

Cliff Kleen Face Guard with Chin Strap assembly Model # FG3. Designed to be used in conjunction with wrestling style ear/hear guard.

Perfectly legal for use in amateur wrestling competitions if the wreslter has a documented history of a facial injury.

NOT designed for full contact intentional strikes to the face, but will take the edge off and still let you grapple.

Check it out at www.cliffkeen.com

Edited by - Punisher on May 14 2003 03:04:55

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2003 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the subject of best headgear for mma sparring...

I tried on this headgear at Bushido MA supply near where I live and I liked it. Its the first headgear on this page: http://www.bushidomartialarts.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=13&cat=Sparring+Gea r

I felt that the mobility at the neck was good and it has great ear/face/head protection. If you are like me and don't intend to compete professionally in mma but enjoy sparring, this is probably worth looking into. I haven't bought mine yet (just dropped $60 on some wrestling shoes I needed), but will soon because I don't overly enjoy getting beaned on the nose by some of my sparring partners that have a real hard straight jab! :-D
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123