Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 3:42pm

Style: Wrestling, Camarillo BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Getting more motivated

Since I've been absent as far as martial arts go since september(combination of school, and lack of money) Beginning of this year I got the urge to get back and start training to fight MMA. I can't really find a job in my town and I don't have a running car of my own, so I can't afford to start doing Camarillo BJJ and MMA/kickboxing. And I found out that after the high school wrestling season, my school has free open freestyle/greco practices. So I decided to give it a go to work my rusty takedowns and whip my ass back into mat shape.

Anyway, to get to the point, I've been going there for about a month now, but I'm just getting tired of it, also the guy I always wrestled with says he's tired of it to, and doesn't know how much longer he wants to go. I have gotten better at my takedowns, but not really from their coaching, just that It's been so long since I've attempted to do them, that I was really sloppy, but since I have the opporitunity to actually get in some live wrestling time I've worked them out by myself. A bad thing though is all this wrestling is starting to beat alot of my wrestling "bad habits" back into my head(giving up my back, etc.) that I drilled to get rid of in MMA/BJJ. Lastly it just doesn't feel the same as BJJ/MMA, when I'm there I actually feel like I wanna be there, here it just feels like I'm forcing myself to go.

So, anybody know how I can motivate myself in case I have to be doing this for maybe another month until I work and have a running car? OR do you think I should maybe just wait it out, look harder for a job and get back to BJJ/MT/MMA as soon as possible?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 4:00pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a job, ya bum.

If I were you I'd just keep looking for work. It's bound to pop up somewhere. In the meantime, go to wrestling when you want, but don't force yourself. Remember, you do martial arts because you want to; you aren't a pro fighter. If you're not enjoying it, why are you doing it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 4:09pm

Style: Wrestling, Camarillo BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the whole reason I'm forcing myself to go is I really want to be able to have my first amatuer MMA fight next year and didn't really wanna miss out on training while I can't afford BJJ/MT/ and generall MMA training
    Last edited by The Reaper; 4/20/2006 4:12pm at .

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 12:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any BJJ/MMA type training is usually very expensive. So if money is an issue I'd look for something else. Just go with Judo. Normally very cheap just about anywhere you go.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!