225188 Bullies, 3972 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Are you training right now?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Lots of class, strict diet and gym time!

39 20.00%
  • Yes! Class a few times a week, semi-diet, occasional gym.

109 55.90%
  • Yes. I attend class twice a week. No diet. No gym.

29 14.87%
  • No, I'm not in training right now. Age, retired, or training others.

1 0.51%
  • No, I'm not training for medical, financial, etc. reasons.

14 7.18%
  • No, I'm not training at all or plan to for at least 6 months.

3 1.54%
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:00am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who is actually training right now?

Which one of you people are actually training right now? I don't mean that, "I go to the gym 2 times a week and spar every other day" is training. I mean like, "I'm on a somewhat strict diet, where I'm at the gym every other day with a good workout schedule and sparring every other if not every day." training. Or are you somewhere in between?

I'm having thoughts that there are quite a bit of armchair warriors here over people who seriously train. Bullshido is a great asset, I've improved greatly thanks to it, and I WAS on the "I'm on a somewhat strict diet blah blah blah" kind of training until I ran into some health issues. But are we guilty of our own BS? I mean, there is a lot of talk about training hard and such, but I only read or get the sense that there are people who are just recreationally "training" right now. Perhaps we should get a new word for that. Something like, "practicing" or something similar. Not that it's a bad thing, some of us have lives that need to be taken care of. I'm just trying to get a sense of who's training and who's not training. Of course this also extends out to people like MEGA-JESUS-SAN who isn't actually training as in the sense that I said, but still "training". So... what be it, homie?
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 11/30/2005 7:10am at .

**** you math class

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:13am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course this also extends out to people like MEGA-JESUS-SAN who isn't actually training as in the sense that I said, but still "training". So... what be it, homie?
    What?

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:15am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't need to be on a diet to be training seriously.

Please create an option for 'I train hard 2 to 3 times a week but don't diet like a sissy girl'

Or some such thing.

I train 2 to 3 times a week when working, try to do more if I get time off. At least a couple of hours per session.

edit: I may have missed the option.

Anyway I voted now.
    Last edited by supercrap; 11/30/2005 7:21am at .
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do archery right MJS? I wasn't aware of anything else that you did. I don't know if you have to go to the gym or do anything ridiculous like that to hold your bow?

Supercrap, then you aren't "training". You're practicing. Training means you're honing your skills and attempting to take them to the best of your ability. You're gaining skills and expanding on your physical ability. Practicing is just taking what you already know and repeating it so you know it.

The diet thing is also a very big part of training. I'm semi-dieting. High carbs, high protein. I'm not drinking as much soda as I used to (like 1/10th of it). Not eating as much junk food (rarely now) and drinking lots of water to keep me hydrated.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:24am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    You do archery right MJS? I wasn't aware of anything else that you did. I don't know if you have to go to the gym or do anything ridiculous like that to hold your bow?
    It's not necessary since the draw weight for target archery doesn't matter past about 35 pounds, but I lift anyway so I can have big muscles, allowing me to make fun of both fat and skinny people.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:24am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I respectfully disagree with you.

Semi-dieting = bullshit.

I watch what I eat too but I don't have to call it a semi-diet.

I think you are going to have to tell a hell of a lot of people here to redefine their vocabulary to fit in with what you describe as training and practice.

I train hard 2 or 3 times a week. I compete when I can. I don't call it practicing, I consider that I am training.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:29am

Style: Goju Kai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watch what I eat too but I don't have to call it a semi-diet.
    I still ticked that option, simply because Im making a conscious effort to not eat crap and to eat healthy blah blah blah. I think he meant in the sense of healthy eating and just watching what you eat, right? At least, thats how I took it. I mean, sure it sounds pretentious, but then, what am I?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's fine if you don't agree with me. But put away the ego for a second, because that's really what it's sounding like. You can't ALWAYS be training, that's unhealthy. Watching what you eat is dieting.

That's why I'm in the second catergory, which I think is the "healthiest" and the most beneficial catergory. The third catergory is what I suspect most Bullies are in. Though I think I need to re-word it to sound less like you don't do anything.

Dieting is not "girly" it's important. It makes or breaks you.

MJS, that's what I meant by what I wrote. No offense.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can I get a moderator to change the third option to "Yes. I attend class a few times a week to practice hard. No diet. No gym."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:38am

Style: Goju Kai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im interested to find out who is gonna tick the first, outside of any potential pro's/wankers trying to be hardcore (mutually exclusive titles btw) I mean, Ive got a job only two days of the week and Im having trouble keeping my regeime which is (In the near future, with my greek school finishing) 3 sessions of karate and a gym session during the week, with weekend work according to what I feel like. KNowing me, Im gonna water that down expodentially. :P
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast