222118 Bullies, 3975 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 2:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A question for the Omega

I was reading another thread where you trotted out your video thread of you fighting (and utilizing the ancient shaolin way of blocking with your face...very nice) and I figured I'd ask a question.

The new guy on there was questioning the success of certain styles due to their training over superior techniques, and asked if other styles if they trained harder would prove more useful in the ring/street than the ones we see now. You posted your vid, but in that thread TBK got into that argument with you about you "fighting like a kung fu" guy.

My question is, do you honestly feel that you wouldn't be as good as you are if you never took Kung Fu, and do you feel you'd have been better off taking something more direct to the point like Boxing/MT/_an __ou?

As Gumby (I think it was him) was saying in the other thread, alot of guys claim to represent a certain style or system, but clearly fight using anothers techniques (simply because they work). After reviewing your video again, I wouldn't say that you're a good representation of someone using boxing techniques, moreso just a firm jaw and alot of power behind your strikes.

So my question in a nutshell is, do you feel you use any of your Kung Fu techniques in your fights? After all if I went to pretty much any Kung Fu school, I sincerely doubt they'd teach me to fight in the fashion you display.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:02pm

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    I was reading another thread where you trotted out your video thread of you fighting (and utilizing the ancient shaolin way of blocking with your face...very nice) and I figured I'd ask a question.

The new guy on there was questioning the success of certain styles due to their training over superior techniques, and asked if other styles if they trained harder would prove more useful in the ring/street than the ones we see now. You posted your vid, but in that thread TBK got into that argument with you about you "fighting like a kung fu" guy.

My question is, do you honestly feel that you wouldn't be as good as you are if you never took Kung Fu, and do you feel you'd have been better off taking something more direct to the point like Boxing/MT/_an __ou?

As Gumby (I think it was him) was saying in the other thread, alot of guys claim to represent a certain style or system, but clearly fight using anothers techniques (simply because they work). After reviewing your video again, I wouldn't say that you're a good representation of someone using boxing techniques, moreso just a firm jaw and alot of power behind your strikes.

So my question in a nutshell is, do you feel you use any of your Kung Fu techniques in your fights? After all if I went to pretty much any Kung Fu school, I sincerely doubt they'd teach me to fight in the fashion you display.
    sending him a PM woulda been better

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:03pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    sending him a PM woulda been better
    I donīt think you are in the position to critizise other peoples threads.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey same goes for you.

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:06pm

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    I donīt think you are in the position to critizise other peoples threads.
    *highschool cafeteria*

OOOOOOOOOHHH!

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:06pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist

He said your striking sucks :owneddanc :ohyea7qh:

We need a new "instigator" icon......

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    He said your striking sucks :owneddanc :ohyea7qh:

We need a new "instigator" icon......
    Hah :icon_cool

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:11pm

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kung fu striking>>>kempos

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    kung fu striking>>>kempos
    Squirrel's intelligence >>> Da SHreDda's

edit* OOOH you just got SERVED!

Registered Member

Posted On: