Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 7:33pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell, I don't know the name of the move in english, but once, while doing some crapling I tried to jump and place my legs around the other guy's waist, trying to pull him into my guard and being the crappler extraordinaire that I was I managed to hit the back of my head on the floor and almost pass out.The gym was spinning more then Dorothy's house. That's what whatching the UFC will do to you. Six years later and and I'm still trying...the difference? I'm learning from "trained professionals"!:headbang:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 7:45pm

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was made to look the fool sparring this one guy with quite a bit of grappling experience on me, he was always taking me down and doing horrible things to me. I did however get him good once, I was on the bottom, him in my guard and he was trying to show off by picking me up to slam me down UFC style, but I managed to slip my legs out while I was up in the air, landing on my feet, since my arms were free I put him in a Muay Thai clinch (both hands behind his head, Muay Thai clinch right?) and used my momentum to bring his head down into my awaiting knee. It was quite the sight.

He then continued to dominate my ass on the ground lol

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 12:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the early days of attending my MMA class, we were running a wall-based drill where the guy against the wall is fighting to stay on their feet, whereas the guy off the wall is looking for a takedown. My partner, who was on the wall, tapped my shoulder (the signal to start), and after trying unsuccessfully to take him down for a minute or so, my instructor yelled (in a motivational fashion, mind you),

"Put his dumb ass on the mat!"

So, I instinctively pulled guard. As soon as I did, I realized that I was pretty much violating the entire point of the drill, and during our descent/subsequent landing, I loudly proclaimed to the class,

"OH! I AM AN ASSHOLE!"

The instructors got a pretty decent laugh out of that.

Also, myself and the aforementioned instructors went to a demo (where they were performing) at another university, after which there was to be "a pajama party". I brought actual pajamas. They meant gis. Oops.

However, we ended up not staying for the festivities.
    Last edited by AnimeSPIKES; 4/21/2006 1:15am at .

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 1:00pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas

Another time, some dude from my University found out I did martial arts and wanted to spar me. Fucker was another McDojo point sparrer crap fast. He explained the rules, and they were "No striking the legs, light contact to body, no contact to head or face". I sighed and played the point sparring game. Not only did I completely tool him at his own game, but he actually had to quit at one point because he kept firing front snap kicks at me. He had never seen a Muay Thai stance before. The front snap kicks kept hitting the points of my elbows, and eventually he fucked up his ankle pretty bad. Basically, if I just stood there, I would have won.
    Har Har. Elbows. Fucking up toes and feet since 3000 BC!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 11:43am

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at kung fu we had a lesson devoted entirely to sparring a few months ago, through the lesson we used different sets of rules and ranges, so it came to the turn of TKD style rules, I'm thinking "oooh, good, I can do this" took a spinning heel kick to the cheek bone. no biggie I think, carry on sparring. took three more. to exactly the same place. all off the same guy. within about 2 minutes.
    damn.
    on the plus side, the next round I was up against this guy who is a moaning little bitch. He constantly runs away instead of fighting. I pinned him to a wall facing into a corner (yes, he turned his back and ran away into a corner). then picked him up by his pants...ultimate trousers wedgie.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holding a kicking shield for front kicks. Kicker is a big guy -- ~80 lbs heavier than I am -- and a power lifter. Other students avoid holding pads for him, but I figure it's giving me the best workout of all, even if I go flying now and again.

It's one of those big, slightly curved shields, kind of like these:

. . . which I always hold vertically for front kicks. (When the kicker starts getting tired, I want as much coverage as I can get.)

An instructor comes over and insists that I hold the shield horizontally, "so that the foot hits a perfectly flat surface." Having held pads for this guy before, I'm dubious, but comply.

Sure enough, the big guy starts getting tired, and his technique starts suffering. As the kicks start getting lower and sloppier, I start dropping my stance lower and longer to make sure I catch them with the pad, not my nuts.

Even so, he finally throws one that's more of an axe kick than a teep; it grazes the pad and chops square down on the top of my knee. Plus he's wearing running shoes, so the shock-o-matic heel gets a good grip on my pants. Which yanks my knee forward and down to the floor, while my head stays were it was. Nasty whiplash ensues.

People watching thought my knee had taken the beating, but it was my neck that got wrenched. I've had plenty of worse injuries, but none so stoopid -- or so hard to describe. :cry:

Take-home lessons:

*Avoid low stances, even when you're NOT fighting.
    *Do more shrugs.
    *Kicks are better practiced barefoot.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why was he doing it in shoes? that wrecks the equipment. i dont know of anywhere that lets you kick pads/bags while wearing shoes unless they are specific MA shoes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 9:39pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was using the heavy bag in a gym when the Shotokan class came in, I stayed a bit to watch ( and maybe taunt one into a fight) and they began their kihon.
    The teacher was strolling back and forth yelling Ichi ! Ni ! San !, etc....
    Because of his strolling he misjudged the situation and forgot to tell them to turn around and like a bunch of robots, the whole front row crashed into the wall, with the following rows falling on the guys.
    The sight of those gi-clad lemmings....

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 1:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never underestimate the stupidity of white people in japanese clothing practicing an okinawan art taught by a white man counting in japanese. never.

further tales of assbeatery- was sparring at our city gymagainst this japanese guy. found out the hard way that he is real good at those glaube feitosa up and over "brazilian kicks" (hes an ex-KK guy) by getting bitchsmacked in the face with one. so i put my hands up, focus, come in and get another one right in the kisser. damn. nice bruising on the side of my face the day after. I got him to show me what he was doing but the human body should not be allowed to bend in suh a manner (i know mine sure as hell cant)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 9:44am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having just quite a karate school and joined a BJJ school, I went to a class that started with a bit of light-kickboxing sparring (the school integrates a bit of kickboxing into their BJJ). Never sparred in my life, and I went against some 40+ year old guy who looked like a hobo. Fucker showed me why my guard sucked by roundhousing me straight in the solar-plexus. Felt great.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast