Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 2:33pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Rooster
    There was the daughter of the japanese kenjutsu master, waving her sword around weakly. It was obviously way too long and heavy for her, she was wavering with every stroke. The men looked to be doing OK, cutting stuff.

Oh and her kenjutsu master dad ... trying to chop arrows down in flight. Only one hit him in the arm, just nicked the flesh. Luckily his daighter was only pulling the bowstring back about 8 inches and the arrows pathetically lobbed towards him.
    If shot at with full-draw, he would be skewered every time.

They were lame.. to clarify I was talking about the two guys doing sword kumite- different school I think but memory isn't what it was. Some BS about non-telegraphing feet but seemed like the sword skill was good. Or am I wrong?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 10:45pm

Style: I/L, Sayoc, Atienza FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well... at least the physics girl was kind of cute. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 12:38pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys doing sword kumite ... I don't remember anything but some two-man preset kata-type stuff. In general, nobody was actually trying to hit each other.
    A bit like Hatsumi's students pretending to try to chop him on the top of the head. He sidesteps slightly and they miss. Well, you can't do that really, a swordsman unconciously alters the swing when the target moves, chopping right into someone who just sidesteps. Of course the students bashed Crudelli right on the bonce ... cruel.

The kiai guys, oh-my-god, getting the students to run across the garden at them, then shouting. The students collapse in a heap. Very impressive, but total master-student psychology, or even outright lying.

The kiai guy with the big bell, more theatre. Shouting at the right pitch, or even just loud enough will make that bell 'ring'. What he did at the same time was stamp on the floor. Easy. Worthless trick but good for fun.

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 12:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys doing sword kumite ... I don't remember anything but some two-man preset kata-type stuff. In general, nobody was actually trying to hit each other.
    Yeah- like ippon kumite in krotty. Only fun to watch because of fast shiny swords, and Crudelli breathless amazement- which I couldn't tell was genuine or just pure brummy piss-artistry. Either way - funny.

The kiai guys, oh-my-god, getting the students to run across the garden at them, then shouting. The students collapse in a heap. Very impressive, but total master-student psychology, or even outright lying.

The kiai guy with the big bell, more theatre. Shouting at the right pitch, or even just loud enough will make that bell 'ring'. What he did at the same time was stamp on the floor. Easy. Worthless trick but good for fun.
    I don't anyone of sound mind would disagree with this. I certainly didn't.

I just LMAO at Crudelli pretending to be impressed and the idea that he pitched TMA magic skills to BBC producers and convinced them to give him money to make a show. He gets points for being so brazen if nothing else. Taiwan police training? BS? Sparring with guy in Thailand? PT Kali? MBAKA had tiniest nuggets of cool under heaps and heaps of ****- but the heaps of **** were comedy to me. I mean really- who could take the majority of it seriously?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 12:59pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone noticed on the photos section of Crudelli's page, on the 'early photos' he has one eyebrow?
    But on the recent photos he has two eyebrows.
    He must have been plucking his eyebrows.

One eyebrow (he's on the bottom right):
    http://www.crudelli.com/images/Ghostfestival.jpg

Two eyebrows:
    http://www.crudelli.com/images/Teach...rcesInstru.jpg

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 2:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well- looks wierd for sure in the early photo.

But what's with all the kids he is training with?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 3:04pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    Well- looks wierd for sure in the early photo.

But what's with all the kids he is training with?
    They look kind of retarded. Maybe they take all of the 'special' kids in China to go and train at shaolin temples.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123