Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 11:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Sounds like a good idea to me. But from what you said about it being a small shock you should probally use both dummy knives. Ive heard of people using small stun guns in knife training though before.
    Who the **** does that?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 12:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    You know what would be REALLY cool?!! An electric SWORD!!!!

and electric chucks too...
    Electric Gun! No not a taser. It shoots fucking lightning!

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 12:12am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Who the **** does that?
    Well I was browsing through a self defense products site and bought some batons for me and my bro. Then he saw some clearance stun guns and thought "hey we could zap eachother with these" So I guess he does butI dont know where he got the idea from.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 12:19am

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With an aluminum blade wouldn't you have to be swinging pretty hard. Now, some attackers will do that, but what about working knife technique with more finesse? This thing just has to touch you, plus the whole getting stuck by the aluminum blade thing seems to be a bit of a turn off to me (I am just weak).

I do wish it had a slightly higher shock ranges. Stun guns use 9 volts too and can produce pretty good voltages, as long as the amps are low.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 12:56am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The most realistic knife training I have ever seen consisted of a live blade and a 50 gallon drum of quick clot, 200 yards of stiching wire, 10 gallons of O+ blood, 50 gallons of saline, IVs, and a crate of band-aids.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 1:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    The most realistic knife training I have ever seen consisted of a live blade and a 50 gallon drum of quick clot, 200 yards of stiching wire, 10 gallons of O+ blood, 50 gallons of saline, IVs, and a crate of band-aids.
    Awesome. Too bad, there is some arteries that when cut can't be clotted fast enough, even when pressed and stiched immediately.

Dull Alloy blades work for me :)
    Last edited by Plasma; 4/17/2006 1:07am at .

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 1:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Well I was browsing through a self defense products site and bought some batons for me and my bro. Then he saw some clearance stun guns and thought "hey we could zap eachother with these" So I guess he does butI dont know where he got the idea from.
    His own retarted mind.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 1:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord325
    With an aluminum blade wouldn't you have to be swinging pretty hard. Now, some attackers will do that, but what about working knife technique with more finesse? This thing just has to touch you, plus the whole getting stuck by the aluminum blade thing seems to be a bit of a turn off to me (I am just weak).

I do wish it had a slightly higher shock ranges. Stun guns use 9 volts too and can produce pretty good voltages, as long as the amps are low.
    Thats the problem. Which the shock knife if you get a solid hit or a touch its the same. A tiny zap that doesn't cause much pain. However with a dull alloy blade you get touch you know (cold metal) and if you get smashed you really know.

When I first say the shock knives I thought they were great, however, once I expirenced one, I say alloy or even wooden blades serve better.

If you too much of a ***** to deal with wood or metal get this http://www.bujindesign.com/weapons_bamboo.html#lt or better yet don't train with knives till you stop being a *****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 1:16am

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you too much of a ***** to deal with wood or metal get this http://www.bujindesign.com/weapons_bamboo.html#lt or better yet don't train with knives till you stop being a *****.
    Hey, I'll keep that excellent and useful information in mind.

So, in all, you think the shock is too weak to really produce the right effect? That is disappointing. For $500, I would expect a little more. As you pointed out a typical stun gun puts out 80,000 volts and you can get those for a lot less than $500. That is a disappointment.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SFGoon, who does this training you're talking about? Is this live work with live blades, and whoever gets cut up gets quik-clot and stitches?

I feel stupid having to ask, but. . . you're kidding, right?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast