Thread: Shock Knife
4/16/2006 11:26pm, #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
Saw a thread for the Shock Knife on another board.
Was interested in hearing if anyone has trained with one yet. If it is a quality product, I think it would be pretty valuable in knife/knife defense training.
4/16/2006 11:30pm, #2
That - looks like it hurts like hell.
I think KageKaze might be wanting to have a little chat with you soon, perhaps pop you on to his sig?
4/16/2006 11:32pm, #3Originally Posted by Fnord325
4/16/2006 11:45pm, #4
This is more realistic, and hurts more.
The Shock Knife blade is plastic so when you get "hit" with it, there is no pain of impact just the shock that will make you jump a bit (you are shocked). However, a dull alloy blade stings like a bitch and induces plenty of fear.
I did get shocked on the "HIGHEST" setting. It not like a Stun Gun.
Last edited by plasma; 4/16/2006 11:48pm at .
4/16/2006 11:49pm, #5
Could the electricity pose problems for people that have pace makers, or something similar?
4/16/2006 11:49pm, #6Originally Posted by SFGOON
We will see how this thread go. However, that is a legit product question, but this can go very wrong very quickly.
4/16/2006 11:51pm, #7Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SANMedical Info
The Shocknife training knife has a potentiometer (Shock Adjustment Screw), which allows the user to adjust the level of shock received. Shocknife’s maximum setting produces a shock with a maximum of 7,500 volts with under 1 milliamp (.00075 AMPS). The shock is a LOCALIZED SHOCK ONLY with a gap space of only 1/8th of an inch. This is well below standard stun guns.
High voltage, in itself, is not dangerous. One can receive a 15,000-volt shock of static electricity from a doorknob on a dry day without harm. The physiological effect of electrical shock is determined by: the current, its duration, and the power source that produces the shock. The typical household current of 110 volts is dangerous because it can pump many amperes of current throughout the body INDEFINITELY. By contrast, the Shocknife produces a localized shock at a maximum of 7,500 volts and less than 1 milliamp (.00075 amps). The Shocknife’s output is well below the level established as “safe” by the federal government for approving such devices as the electrified cattle fence.
4/16/2006 11:52pm, #8
You know what would be REALLY cool?!! An electric SWORD!!!!
and electric chucks too...
4/16/2006 11:53pm, #9
Skip the shock crap, and just make a lightsaber already.
4/16/2006 11:57pm, #10
Sounds like a good idea to me. But from what you said about it being a small shock you should probally use both dummy knives. Ive heard of people using small stun guns in knife training though before.