Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 8:28am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Glad you liked them. The "KD15 Pummel Combination Knife Attackers" really shows a lot more than just what's in the title. Having trained that skill quite a bit I can tell you that the "pummeling" of knuckles against forearm bones gets your attention fast, and poor Sean who is on the receiving end in the video is just gritting his teeth and looking down by the end of it. On the HD version you can see the redness and swelling already starting...ow!
    I actually did this last night. I wanted to try it out sparring. Sheesh! Yeah, I had to ice my forearm when I got home. It was already starting to swell. It's a pretty effective technique, because after a few hits, I sure didn't want to stab him any more!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 11:50am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Central Texas Combatives Training Group Style: AMOK!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I actually did this last night. I wanted to try it out sparring. Sheesh! Yeah, I had to ice my forearm when I got home. It was already starting to swell.
    Glad you got to feel the love. :)

It's a pretty effective technique, because after a few hits, I sure didn't want to stab him any more!
    You wouldn't want to keep stabbing in training, but think about what you would probably do if you were actually attacking someone. Most people get frustrated/angry and feed you one single hard attack and then...well that's another Combatives Training Video. :)
    Last edited by SteveM; 5/01/2012 11:55am at .

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 11:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings Gents,

Great thread! Great job, Herb and Steve on answering those questions about AMOK!
    If anyone is near Thousand Oaks, CA and want an introduction to AMOK!, feel free to drop me a line.

AMOK!
    Koki
  4. tapoo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 7:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice sharing
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456