Page 5 of 7 First 1234567 Last
  1. #41
    Jaguar Wong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,456
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    4 O'Clock
    What?
    I'm guessing he means where he carries his pistol. That would be just behind his right hip, right?
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

    We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,750
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    holy ****, I just got a look at the springfield xd-9 and I think this ought to be my new baby.

    y'all got any word on this one? I still have yet to test fire it before I buy it
    Excellent weapon, I have it in the .40 variant with 3 inch barrell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,750
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Wong
    I'm guessing he means where he carries his pistol. That would be just behind his right hip, right?
    Correct!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

  4. #44
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    I'm curious, as a fellow Austinite, what made you decide to CCW?
    Ahem.
    Shut the hell up and train.

  5. #45
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    583
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    I'm curious, as a fellow Austinite, what made you decide to CCW?

    What is it to you and why? Texas is a SHALL issue state, and you can express your 2nd Amend. RIGHT, why wouldn't you? If not, it will surely be taken away as they have here in Kalifornistan.

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

    Put down your purse!

    Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

    "For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

    --"How McPherson Held the Floor"

  6. #46
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    What is it to you and why? Texas is a SHALL issue state, and you can express your 2nd Amend. RIGHT, why wouldn't you? If not, it will surely be taken away as they have here in Kalifornistan.

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    I have a 18 month old son that I am raising in Austin. I am therefore curious if he wants to CCW because of bad experiences here in Austin. As a parent I am interested in learning all I can about my hometown, including the unsavory.

    Do not have a great Kenpo day

    John

    edit: I am NOT curious because I have an objection to people walking around armed. Armed people are fine by me as long as they're reasonably sane.
    Last edited by jnp; 4/19/2006 6:42pm at .
    Shut the hell up and train.

  7. #47
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    What is it to you and why? Texas is a SHALL issue state, and you can express your 2nd Amend. RIGHT, why wouldn't you? If not, it will surely be taken away as they have here in Kalifornistan.

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    Normally, I like to read what you say because it seems like you put some thought into your posts.

    This would not be one of those times.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  8. #48
    Olorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,057
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I have taken into account all of the advice offered in this tread and present Emetshamash with your new handgun!

    http://www.glock.com/g27.htm

    The Glock 27 in 40 caliber!

    It fits your price range, has good power, great reliability, and is easily concealed.

    But do not listen to me, for some reason I own a Walther PP in 32 caliber and take Judo, I have a delusion that I can be as cool as James Bond when I grow up.
    Last edited by Olorin; 4/19/2006 7:40pm at .

  9. #49
    EmetShamash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    516
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    Ok, I have taken into account all of the advice offered in this tread and present Emetshamash with your new handgun!

    http://www.glock.com/g27.htm

    The Glock 27 in 40 caliber!
    Yeah, the glock rocks. No confusion here about that. But I am gravitating toward the springfield xd-9. Smaller, feels better in my hand, and I think I want a light round for this one.

  10. #50
    You secure that **** Hudson!! supporting member
    Yush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    189
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without derailing this much, can I ask is it the majority of states in the U.S where you can legally have a concealed weapon??

    As far as I know, in all of Australia it's illegal.

    The other thing is, don't some of you feel that perhaps you are inviting trouble into your life by cruising around with a gun? Wouldn't just avoiding trouble area's etc be wiser?
    Wheels within wheels in a spiral array...

Page 5 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO