Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/19/2006 7:55pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get all my bulk ammo from http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

They sell Wolf 7.62 39 ammo for about $141 per 1,000 round and 500 rounds for $80 dollars and their shipping is reasonable.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ammoproducts.asp

I have used them many times and have had no problems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 1:12pm

Style: Yang style Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used both cheaperthandirt.com and natchezss.com with great success. Check both and find the best deal.

1000 rounds is not a whole lot. I tend to think in terms of 1000 per weapon, i.e. I have two weapons that feed 7.62 so I keep a minimum of 2000 rounds of it in stock. Also, at least five magazines per weapon, which isnt' really an issue with the SKS but just something to keep in mind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 6:58pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    I'm vegan and so if I were near any baby seals I would be clubbing/shooting the baby seal clubbers. Just FYI.
    So being a vegan=protecting seals.....I thought you guys just had no sence of taste?

BTW what are you contributeing to this discussion?

For the rest of you folks.
    7.62x39 is still widely available according to my friends at Natchezz and Cheaper than dirt. I just ordered 1000 myself. Maybe they are just blowing smoke to keep me buying?

PT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 12:27pm

Style: untrained idiot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    For the rest of you folks.
    7.62x39 is still widely available according to my friends at Natchezz and Cheaper than dirt. I just ordered 1000 myself. Maybe they are just blowing smoke to keep me buying?

Chances are they're banking on their order arriving so they can fill yours.

you might end up being put on a "waiting list"

Personally i just drove out to Cabela's and picked up a 500 round case of Wolf JHP for $64 two weeks ago.

they only had 3 cases and they said it took a month to arrive.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If people are really selling rifles for cheap because of a temporary shortfall in 7.62x39, maybe it's time to jump on a few things. I don't have an AK pattern.

There's no way a shortage of 7.62x39 is going to last longer than a year or two at the outside unless civilization absolutely collapses. Too many guns out there. Somebody with an ammunition plant will make a product people want when the capacity catches up, and it will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 2:46pm

Style: untrained idiot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    If people are really selling rifles for cheap because of a temporary shortfall in 7.62x39, maybe it's time to jump on a few things. I don't have an AK pattern.
    I don't think x39 chambered rifles are dropping in price due to the ammo's availability...

the rifles on the other hand are coming in to the country at a fairly rapid rate. SKS's are plentiful at the moment so that accounts for the drop in price, however rifles like the VEPR and Saiga chambered in 7.62x39 are NOT budging in price (may actually still be going up) because the rifles aren't being imported as regularly.

I really don't think this x39 shortage is much more than a self fulfilling prophecy. The survivalst crew out there just freaked when they couldn't order 2000 rounds overnight like they used to and then spread the Bulk purchase madness to others so EVERYONE ran out and grabbed a couple thousand rounds "just incase" which made the "shortage" worse.

but that's all just a guess anyway.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123