Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    'Red Beret' Taekwondo?

    This arvo after training, me and some others at my gym were watching a pair of fighters sparring MT style.
    One guy tried an axe kick, followed by a hook kick. This led to a ringside discussion, which ended with my trainer commenting "Most taekwondo these days is **** mate. That red-beret taekwondo is pretty much the only stuff that works"
    Can anyone tell me anything about 'red-beret taekwondo?' :confused4

  2. #2
    saturnjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    harrisburg
    Posts
    334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fecetious Answer:


    Serious Answer:
    I googled this for like a half hour and didn't find thing ONE about it. So unless they're super-dooper-leetsauce TKD commandos maybe he was mistaken?

  3. #3
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    This arvo after training, me and some others at my gym were watching a pair of fighters sparring MT style.
    One guy tried an axe kick, followed by a hook kick. This led to a ringside discussion, which ended with my trainer commenting "Most taekwondo these days is **** mate. That red-beret taekwondo is pretty much the only stuff that works"
    Can anyone tell me anything about 'red-beret taekwondo?' :confused4
    Red beret TKD is the super deadly korean megalo-kommando style which they only teach the cream of korean hwarang manhood to fend-off the ever-immenent giant robot invasion from the north. I have seen it in action, and now I'm blind. Suffice to say, it's like full-contact chang-chuan wushu, with batman 'shazzam!' bubbles each time a hit lands.

    You will never be allowed to learn it, because you are not korean. Learn to be content with the kickboxing and grappling you are allowed to learn.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.

  4. #4
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Urg, wrong forum. TKD sucks. All of it.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,173
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh Noes!! the red berets!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Urg, wrong forum. TKD sucks. All of it.
    But does it swallow?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    388
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course it sucks. That is why that Auslander guys does TKD.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Red beret TKD is the super deadly korean megalo-kommando style which they only teach the cream of korean hwarang manhood to fend-off the ever-immenent giant robot invasion from the north. I have seen it in action, and now I'm blind. Suffice to say, it's like full-contact chang-chuan wushu, with batman 'shazzam!' bubbles each time a hit lands.

    You will never be allowed to learn it, because you are not korean. Learn to be content with the kickboxing and grappling you are allowed to learn.
    thanks heaps.

    and i wasnt thinking about taking 'red beret' taekwondo.. just wanted to know what it was. So your saying its the good ****?

    and for the record.. you dont know im not korean.. i might be :laughing7

    What war/s were the red berets in? We dont get taught much about this stuff in australian schools, unless you choose it as an elective.. and i dont dig modern history.

  8. #8
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A crack team of communist French philosophers.

    Seriously, there's many different red berets. In Australia, the SAS once wore them (as they were airborne, I think), but I don't think this stuck. If I'm right, this was during WWII.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    476
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shu2jack
    Of course it sucks. That is why that Auslander guys does TKD.
    heh, and you suck worse because you take a even more horrible style of TKD then WTF, ATA, :owneddanc

  10. #10
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    thanks heaps.

    and i wasnt thinking about taking 'red beret' taekwondo.. just wanted to know what it was. So your saying its the good ****?

    and for the record.. you dont know im not korean.. i might be :laughing7

    What war/s were the red berets in? We dont get taught much about this stuff in australian schools, unless you choose it as an elective.. and i dont dig modern history.
    Please tell me this is merely a counter to Cullion's dry humor with even duller, more dry humor
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO