Posted On:
    4/26/2006 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL!!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 4:21pm

Style: Aikido/MACP/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea I now he is fighting Sean Liddell. Good luck! I can't believe he diss'd me when I am coming all the way from Germany to Atlanta/NAGA on 6 May to fight in California!

Chuck,

The competition is May 6th, check out thr flyer on our website www.outrival.org. the address is:

Turnverein Garmisch 1868 e.v.
    Maximilianstrasse 29
    82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen

(It is one the "back road" going to the artillery Kaserne, the one where the PX is located)

There will be a "superfight" between our instructor Rudolfo Amaro and Lutre Livre German Champion Andreas Schmidt. No punching, only grappling, but it should be an exciting fight.

Most of the fighting will be our guys, including me, at the blue belt/white belt level. Using mainly BJJ rules, both GI and NO GI.

Come on down! We have a good time. I usually fight my arch nemsis Jörg Schütz, a judo black belt who is very, very good at Judo. Also about 45 years old. For some reason, everyone always gets excited when we fight! Both of us don't know why because we are really good friends and both simply enjoy the fight! He always beats me though in the end!

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 1:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Classical Japanese budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leavittk
    yea I know your not an Aikido guy Chuck. I guess I never get that out of my mind because of aikiweb.
    Yeah, yeah, you're just being mean! Actually, whilst not an aikidoka, I am a student of aikido. I think it's a fascinating art, that is, mostly, poorly taught. It's also an interesting modern vignette of how ryuha formed, splintered, regouped, split again. Sometimes watching aikido politics is sort of like watching a slow train full of beer heading for a washed out bridge ...

... they have warmed up a little more to the traditional jujitsu stuff as having applications!
    When I train with judoka, it's always kind of eye-opening for them to understand that all that fluffy stuff done at arm's length have close-in use, too.

I love it when they give me those "gifts".
    Cool.

I will come on up and play I am really interested in exploring your classical/traditional training as well as I get enough of the "hardstuff".
    Sometimes our training is kind of like watching paint dry. We'll spend the entire class on one idea; sometimes, we just love to play. Love to have you on the mat, bro.

Also that secret CHI ball technique you keep telling us all about.
    Shhhh! Dagnabit, man, it's supposed to be SECRET!!! :qbluewack

I like the part where you point your finger across the mat and uke goes flying! I really want to learn that! (Man you are in trouble now!) :)
    You forgot, it's not my finger the chi comes out of ... ahem.

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 1:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Classical Japanese budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leavittk
    The competition is May 6th, check out thr flyer on our website www.outrival.org.
    Sounds like a blast. I'll try to grab Miguel and come down!

cg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 2:40pm

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thank all for the interesting responses. I particularly enjoyed Lord Asia's lecture about "The 80s"....

However, this has to take the biscuit....
    Who is this bird? I think I'm going to have to become an orientophile....
    Pher-woar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I see...so Hapkido practitioners are capable of being God Hands?

Then I long for the day that actress/singer/HKD BB Ha Jiwon touches me with her Godhand.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314