Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/14/2006 4:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Open-palmed gloves

Hi. I was going to purchase Century's Mixed Martial Arts gloves, but someone here gave a rather negative review, which was followed by two equally negative responses. Two questions:
    1) Can anyone report favorably on these gloves?

2) Can anyone suggest any comparable gloves (with open or segmented palms)?

Thanks,
    Howie

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2006 8:11am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I purchased a pair of these and they're great. Open palm, solid stitchings. Company is small so they have great service and respond quick. They're located in NJ.

http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...article&id=116

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    4/14/2006 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SEARCH YOU FUCKING NOOBS !!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously .... tack on your questions to one of the 50 excisting threads on the topic .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    4/14/2006 11:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Babo78, thanks for seconding the review.

BackFistMonkey, I certainly apologize if I ruined your day. I did search, but I didn't see any seemingly-relevant threads. I searched again, since my apparent failure to do so seemed to upset you so. It seems that I did miss one relevant result within the first 100-ish. A policy I've developed after getting pissed off on the road too often: Assume there's at least one reason - if not a good one - for actions that strike you as stupid; I promise you that they will appear less stupid. Also, as I like tp point out on a couple of forums on which I'm more of a senior member, asking questions about a topic which has been addressed doesn't do anyone any harm.

TheVillain, thanks: One person's comment regarded all of Century's products, and I had a good impression of the similar (heavier) "wrap gloves."

Anyone else?

Thanks,
    Howie

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2006 12:25pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    Century gloves are great. At least the bag gloves are. Not sure about the REAL MMA gloves. If those suck, buy the bag gloves and cut them properly.
    Wait, what? Could you elaborate on this? If I'm visualizing this correctly, cutting bag gloves would leave you with one big hole where the fingers are, and an open thumb hole. Wouldn't doing this also cause the padding to become exposed?

Posted On:
    4/14/2006 12:56pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridder
    Wait, what? Could you elaborate on this? If I'm visualizing this correctly, cutting bag gloves would leave you with one big hole where the fingers are, and an open thumb hole. Wouldn't doing this also cause the padding to become exposed?
    I'll wait for him to clarify, but I'd guess that The Villain is refering to century's wrap gloves. http://www.discountmas.com/cewrgl.html

I got a pair of these for bag work and loved them after I cut out the grip bars, then again I have a wavemaster pillow of a bag and mostly wanted gloves to prevent my knuckles from getting cut open. When I tried them in the store on the real bags I liked them enough to buy them. I don't know if it's enough padding to use for anything other than light sparring though.