Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the end of the MMA vs Kung-Fu video download does the MMA guy really break his arm with the Upper Figure 4/Kimura? There's a big crack sound and an arrrgh! type sound but it sounds totally fake so what actually happened?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, he broke his arm for real.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you know for sure?

And even if he really did, did they use sound effects to enhance it or something?

And if he did then why didn't he let him tap-out, just mean or what?

Edited by - Triangle on August 20 2002 10:32:15

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was reported by many sites that the arm was broken. The screen shots following the fight that were originally shown on the net show that the mans arm was obviously injured.

Furthermore, have you ever heard a bone break? It can be blood curdling loud!

Also, the fight was a challenge match with something like 10 grand on the line. It was in Marsh's best interest to apply the move, full force, when the opening presented itself.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The general consensus of the guys I have talked to about this is that the sound effect was added, I heard broken bones but the sound to out of place. Still not really sure if he broke the arm or not.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

Edited by - Asia on August 20 2002 10:40:59
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shooter,

I heard two main stories on this. The man's was broken and that it was just injured. Where did you get your source? I still think the sound effect was fake.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I don't have the url, but the story was actually published by the guy who lost. He humbly admitted defeat, said he respected John Marsh and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and confirmed that his arm was indeed broken.

I'll go see if someone on the UG has the link.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 12:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for that, a link would be great!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think his shoulder muscle was injured but I HIGHLY doubt any bones were broken

you know what that loud POP was at the end???

That was the San Soo guy tapping out by slapping John Marsh's bare back multiple times. I believe the first time loudly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 4:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was there when John and Sean fought. The sound was very loud- so loud that I cringed when it happened. The arm was not broken, but there was massive tendon and ligament damage in the elbow and shoulder. Because eye-gouging was allowed, John was forced to take the arm fast and hard. Sean never tapped, but did scream when the submission was applied.

John actually took it easy based on what the rules said was supposed to happen. John was supposed to continue to crank the submission until Sean's second stepped in to signal the end of the fight. However, instead of continuing to crank the arm, he let it go as soon as it popped.

Edited by - knifefighter on August 20 2002 16:29:05
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast