Page 2 of 34 First 12345612 ... Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has any one of you critics ever trained with Ikeda sensei? I doubt it.

    Ignorance is bliss.

  2. #12
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSONE
    Has any one of you critics ever trained with Ikeda sensei? I doubt it.

    Ignorance is bliss.
    I think some good questions would also be

    Have you train with Ikeda sensei ?

    Have you trained with Royce Gracie ?

    Have you trained with Ramen Dekker ?

    hmmmm ...

    I could also ask this .

    Have any of you nutriders ever used Aikido against a compitant fighter ? Have you ever sparred or fought someone who has trained in a good strking or grappling style , under a realistic ruleset ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  3. #13
    hapkido_keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,300
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSONE
    Has any one of you critics ever trained with Ikeda sensei? I doubt it.

    Ignorance is bliss.
    Logical fallacy: Appeal to ignorance.

    No, I have never trained with this guy. That has no bearing on the fact that the techniques displayed in these videos are unrealistic and have little to no chance of working on a non-compliant attacker.

  4. #14
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSONE
    Has any one of you critics ever trained with Ikeda sensei? I doubt it.

    Ignorance is bliss.
    Expalins why you continue Aikido.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I think some good questions would also be

    Have you train with Ikeda sensei ?

    Have you trained with Royce Gracie ?

    Have you trained with Ramen Dekker ?

    hmmmm ...

    I could also ask this .

    Have any of you nutriders ever used Aikido against a compitant fighter ? Have you ever sparred or fought someone who has trained in a good strking or grappling style , under a realistic ruleset ?

    First of all dip ****, no one was talking about BJJ or MMA in this thread so stick to the subject.

    Secondly, Yes I have trained with Ikeda sensei, and yes I have trained with Royce, no I have not trained with Ramen, yes I have trained extensively with many great fighters including the PKA heavyweight champion Kerry Rupe.

    And lastly, training aikido against a "realistic ruleset" is not aikido. Your question shows how ignorant you are. Why dont you go listen to some angry white boy rock and settle down.

  6. #16
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've noticed Aikido types have a fetish for grand masters. They don't issue challenges they just say you wouldn't stand a chance against my 5'4 Japanese grand master bitch. I really don't know what the deal is with them and their supposed masters.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    I've noticed Aikido types have a fetish for grand masters. They don't issue challenges they just say you wouldn't stand a chance against my 5'4 Japanese grand master bitch. I really don't know what the deal is with them and their supposed masters.

    Its because you are a dumb kid.

  8. #18
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSONE
    And lastly, training aikido against a "realistic ruleset" is not aikido.
    So Aikido prepares you only for fantasy?

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith
    Logical fallacy: Appeal to ignorance.

    No, I have never trained with this guy. That has no bearing on the fact that the techniques displayed in these videos are unrealistic and have little to no chance of working on a non-compliant attacker.

    No one ever said the did or do **** head.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    So Aikido prepares you only for fantasy?

    Maybe you are ignorant and fill in you gaps with fantasy?

Page 2 of 34 First 12345612 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO