Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 12:51pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=oPKj...royce%20tokoro

Here is a video of Royce Gracie getting owned by some tiny Japanese guy.
    <sarcasm>
    So using your logic, English 'sucks the big one' if someone can't speak it well?

or, All German people have blonde hair and blue eyes because one German person does..

Now, we can use probability and hypothesis testing to determine if the mean of all BJJ practinioners suck. But we would have to gather lots of them to form a population, then calculate the st dev and all that ****. From that we could decide with a set confidence level (I'd shoot for 95% confidence) weither or not they all suck.

</sarcasm>:bunny:
    Last edited by Seraphim; 4/15/2006 1:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 1:13pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pick up any Boxing or MMA mag. Go to any Boxing or MMA website. Heavyweights are among those ranked in the p4p ratings. Like the example I gave, most boxing mags in the late 80's had Tyson #1 p4p, until 140 lbs champ Julio Cesar chavez overtook him in the p4p rankings. When Roy Jones Jr won the WBA Heavyweight title, he was still considered the #1 p4p. James Toney was in most p4p ranking until recently. Fedor is ranked #1 on the insidefighting.com's p4p list.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 2:14pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayDeePee
    The reason the title goes to a lightweight fighter is because they're using the term pound for pound in the right context. Anybody who lists heavyweights as the best pound for pound doesn't know what pound for pound means.
    lol...

I guess that means the editors of Boxrec.com, who are all highly regarded experts, "donīt know what pound for pound means". Maybe you should send them an email or something and explain it on them, since you are such an expert. Also while you are at it, explain it to the editors of Ring magazine and pretty much every website or magazine that covers combat sports. Or you can just admit you are wrong because I can provide PROOF to support my arguement, you canīt.

HW fighters ARE included on p4p lists. Period. Just admit you were wrong.
    Last edited by Draven; 4/15/2006 2:22pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But I do BJJ and...and I get owned...but by BJJ classmates.

::Brain drains out of ears; gets shipped off to looney bin::::

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 3:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    I guess that means the editors of Boxrec.com, who are all highly regarded experts, "donīt know what pound for pound means". Maybe you should send them an email or something and explain it on them, since you are such an expert. Also while you are at it, explain it to the editors of Ring magazine and pretty much every website or magazine that covers combat sports. Or you can just admit you are wrong because I can provide PROOF to support my arguement, you canīt.

HW fighters ARE included on p4p lists. Period. Just admit you were wrong.
    Yes, that does mean that you and your highly regarded editors have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the subject. This is a reason why I don't bother going through magazines or reading ranking lists.

You guys can have all the fun you want jerking off as you read about Fedor being listed beside a #1 spot. It doesn't make you any more right.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry KayDeePee, I was not aware of the fact that you controlled the media and a term that has been used for decades in this way is wrong just because you say so.

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because a term has been misused for a long time doesn't mean it's right. Using it wrong will always be wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 7:31pm

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, this became an arguement over who has "teh real pound for pound."

I still don't see why a heavy weight couldn't be considered Just because there's no adjustment for heavyweights doesn't mean they're excluded, it means they are the standard for measurement. Though it's all conjecture, if you actually think someone in a lighter class isn't as talented as larger fighter then they simply shouldn't be listed higher in p4p ranks, it's that simple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 7:33pm

Style: HungGar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be happy to email the experts at boxass magazine. Their fucking stupid. Get over it. It used to be said that middleweights were pound for pound the best fighters. I'm not sure I agree with this , but I'm sure it's not heavyweights.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 7:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut the hell up TonyM, why do you want to dig yourself into the same hole the three stooges above have gotten themselves into at this point? Its already a lost arguement.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast