Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    based on this video alone, i could think BJJ isn't as great as everyone here seems to say, and it looks as though the Japanese guy, who was much smaller than Royce, was able to hurt him by STRIKING.

of course, all the BJJ "nutriders" will defend Gracie with their excuses(such as Royce is getting old). and that's fine. and in time, hopefully many of you will be enlightened with the fact that video clips showing Style A vs. Style B doesn't show everything, and that most of the time, its the practitioner who makes the difference, its the way the art has been trained, not the art itself. and also, a striker using "anti-grappling" and striking is just as legitimate as a grappler going for the takedown.

ya know, most of the BJJphiles on here don't really care much for the gracies at all.

ps, anti-grappling is actually just grappling.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    owned? what fight were you watching. It was a pretty even match and was ruled a draw......[sigh] why bother?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a skiewed highlight, Royce won that fight... had it gone to decision that is.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:29pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was trolling a little by saying BJJ sucks, I actually love BJJ. It rocks. I just think being strictly a BJJ-er and always just jumping guard and having no striking sucks in MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:31pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by broken fingers
    I can't believe that someone who has been on this site since 2003 is still ignorant about BJJ. this is more of a ShreDda thing to do.
    Please die.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:43pm

Style: MT, Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    say whatever you want, you cannot succeed in mixed martial arts without some shoot wrestling/catch-as-catch-can/BJJ/Wrestling knowledge. It's not possible. Even if you just train how to get up and how to defend submissions, that's still learning grappling. After this long, people should finally know, there is no anti-grapple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:52pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone needs proof about how shitty Royce's standup and takedowns are, this is the vid to watch. (or any Royce-Saku highlight obviously)

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    I was trolling a little by saying BJJ sucks, I actually love BJJ. It rocks. I just think being strictly a BJJ-er and always just jumping guard and having no striking sucks in MMA.
    There is something that tells me Royce was never and has never been a strictly, purely and solely a BJJ fighter... oh, **** it. Why bother.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 3:38pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But if you guys want to see how much BJJ really sucks, I suggest watching Marcus Aurelio vs. Takanori Gomi. That fight alone should convince all the BJJ nutriders that they should just give up.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 3:41pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    based on this video alone, i could think BJJ isn't as great as everyone here seems to say, and it looks as though the Japanese guy, who was much smaller than Royce, was able to hurt him by STRIKING.

of course, all the BJJ "nutriders" will defend Gracie with their excuses(such as Royce is getting old). and that's fine. and in time, hopefully many of you will be enlightened with the fact that video clips showing Style A vs. Style B doesn't show everything, and that most of the time, its the practitioner who makes the difference, its the way the art has been trained, not the art itself. and also, a striker using "anti-grappling" and striking is just as legitimate as a grappler going for the takedown.
    Why is it that the "martial arts are all equal" retards always seem to get tricked into making posts like this on troll threads?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast