I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 4:14am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Business card ideas!

So I've been charged with the new design for the business card. My major is marketing, and he said I can use this as an opportunity to get my feet wet. If he likes it, he's going to print it as the company card for mine and for the rest of the employees.

My first idea is to have this card:

It mimics the blue screen of death that you regularly see when Window's crashed.

And I was thinking that on the back it would be like this:

of course those aren't real addresses, but if you type in ipconfig in command prompt, it'll look similar to that. And yes, he is going to let me put: "hero for hire" as my occupational title.

What do you guys think?

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 4:24am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    So I've been charged with the new design for the business card. My major is marketing, and he said I can use this as an opportunity to get my feet wet. If he likes it, he's going to print it as the company card for mine and for the rest of the employees.

My first idea is to have this card:

It mimics the blue screen of death that you regularly see when Window's crashed.

And I was thinking that on the back it would be like this:

of course those aren't real addresses, but if you type in ipconfig in command prompt, it'll look similar to that. And yes, he is going to let me put: "hero for hire" as my occupational title.

What do you guys think?

Forgive my idiocy, but would the back actually say 'file system error?'

Sorry to be a doofus - it'd have the company name, right?
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 10:48am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know you think you have something really clever going on here, but you don't - not yet.

Keep in mind that a business card needs to look like a business card so people understand what you are handing them. This does not look like a card, and the contact information is difficult to decipher.

Here's something else to consider... I'm guessing your company does support work for users? About the only people that are going to "get" your card are people that are perfectly capable of doing their own support work.

I don't think the idea is bad, but you need to develop it into something that people will recognize as the card of a legitimate business offering a valuable service. Keep working on it, you'll rarely get it right on your first attempt.

Matt White

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 1:18pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want a striking logo that looks good faded or embossed in the upper left corner of the card. Go with a cream or off white stock, and put your contact data on it succinctly in a subdued font.

Flashy business cards can sometimes be innappropriate and tend to cost quite a bit. You also don't want it to be so clever that the kind of person that hires you to work on their **** can't decode it. Remember - you're looking for a client with a go-to meme of "sign check" not "get in joke"

The blue on one side/black on the other probably also won't come out looking that well.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.