Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 3:40am

Style: Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the XD 40 (9mm).

That gun just feels great and shoots straight. You don't have to "adjust" your wrist like you do with a Glock.
    Last edited by Spezza; 4/23/2006 4:30am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 5:52am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spezza
    I love the XD 40 (9mm).

That gun just feels great and shoots straight. You don't have to "adjust" your wrist like you do with a Glock.
    It was modeled after the 1911A1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jury is still out on .45 GAP, but it's lasted longer than I thought it would. :) I don't see how it's really much better than .40 S&W. The two things I liked about .45 acp over .40 S&W are gone with .45 GAP: .45 acp is a low-pressure round, which gives it a slower, softer recoil impulse and makes brass last a long time. .45 GAP is higher pressure, more along the lines of .40, so unless the slightly heavier bullet is important to you, I don't see the point except that people like the idea of carrying a ".45" more than other calibers.

Springfield has a great comparison pic on their site. The XD is on the left. This makes it easier to visualize how those differences measured in hundredths and thousandths can make a difference. The gun on the right is a Glock 21, and they really are pretty big in the hand. That's the size grip in terms of circumference my Glock 30 has, and it hasn't been that comfortable, so you can see why I'm interested in trading up to the XD.
    (Besides, I believe the XD has conventional rifling so I can shoot unjacketed lead or plated bullets. That would be nice; they're cheaper, and for plinking they work just fine.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XD45Comparison.gif 
Views:	14 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	5574  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123