Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:43pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First Firearm

I have just purchased a 9mm Uzi Eagle. I should be getting it on the 13th (grrr waiting period).

The shooting I have done has been with my friend's Glock 17.

Drills I been doing

Double Tap
    2 to the Chest -1 to the head

I know SFGOON suggested:
    Diving Prone
    Shooting from back between legs

I haven't quite got that good to do those yet. I know Anthony and SFGOON fire alot, so what drills do you have that you like to share.

I figure this thread can serve as information for all new Bullshido Firearm owners.
    Last edited by Plasma; 4/05/2006 12:46pm at .

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:56pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Practice drawing it. What kind of holster do you have, and where on your body do you intend on carrying it? Getting good with firearmsis a crawl-walk-run process, familliarize yourself with the draw first, getting from a standing position to a weaver stnace, (remember to push-pull and TRIGGER FINGER POSITION.)

When you do fire it, never to anything less than a double-tap. You'll fight like you train. My most embarrassing moment happened when I was touring a police academy and shooting off my mouth about my deft pistol skillz. They took me to something called a FATS which is a huge, lazer-tag TV. Long story short I was embarrased by my performance - that simulator made me realize that "plinking" is of negligible value. Multiple shots is the key and should be the cornerstone of your training regimine, follwed by fast draw, target selection, and shoot/don't shoot excercises.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:24pm

Style: ex-TKD 2 Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spend time shooting left handed as well. it may be particularly useful for new shooters.
    Like when one learns a new technique , do it both sides right away , and you'll be better off.

Google Tueller drills as well. A bad guy can cross 20 feet and engage/hit/cut you before the average shooter can draw from an exposed strong side holster.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:47pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Practice drawing it. What kind of holster do you have, and where on your body do you intend on carrying it? Getting good with firearmsis a crawl-walk-run process, familliarize yourself with the draw first, getting from a standing position to a weaver stnace, (remember to push-pull and TRIGGER FINGER POSITION.)

When you do fire it, never to anything less than a double-tap. You'll fight like you train. My most embarrassing moment happened when I was touring a police academy and shooting off my mouth about my deft pistol skillz. They took me to something called a FATS which is a huge, lazer-tag TV. Long story short I was embarrased by my performance - that simulator made me realize that "plinking" is of negligible value. Multiple shots is the key and should be the cornerstone of your training regimine, follwed by fast draw, target selection, and shoot/don't shoot excercises.
    Cool Thanks. I currently have a pancake holster and i wear it on my right hip.

I was thinking of getting a thigh holster for it.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 4:57pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON

I've used the FATS before, in Panama actually. It's pretty sweet.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 5:50pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I have just purchased a 9mm Uzi Eagle. I should be getting it on the 13th (grrr waiting period).

The shooting I have done has been with my friend's Glock 17.

Drills I been doing

Double Tap
    2 to the Chest -1 to the head

I know SFGOON suggested:
    Diving Prone
    Shooting from back between legs

I haven't quite got that good to do those yet. I know Anthony and SFGOON fire alot, so what drills do you have that you like to share.

I figure this thread can serve as information for all new Bullshido Firearm owners.

Look up my training log where I posted drills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 6:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure you have a place to shoot where all these neato drills are allowed. If you're going to a public range or a club, chances are you're going to run into some rules at least some of the time. Firing up from your back, for instance, can lead to some people shooting up over a berm, so it makes clubs nervous. Same for rapid fire and even draw-and-fire.

I have to shoot IPSC at a different club than the one where I belong if I want to shoot rapid strings or move and shoot. I can do draws and such at "my" club, but they have a rule against "cowboy shooting."

Other than that, you need no advice from me. People are giving you good advice here. That Baby Eagle is a great gun--I've wanted a CZ or a clone since I first held an EAA Witness, but I didn't want to roll the dice on EAA quality.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot to add. If you can afford it, or as soon as you can, get trained by a professional there at your gun club.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 7:15pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll second the professional instruction suggestion and also get a good set of nightsights. Low light shootings are the most common and you should be trained and prepared. I like Heine straight eights but I don't think they are available for your hand gun. Meprolight and Trijicon are good options as well.

Thigh holsters are good, but they are expensive and you really don't need it. I would hold off on all of that **** until you are sure that you want it and you have already purchased a good holster and magazine pouch, I recomend Kramer, Allessi or Milt Sparks but they are expensive. A cheaper alternative is Galco. Good holsters make the gun more comfortable, the more comfortable you are the more likely you will train and carry at all times.

And more training...............
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast