Administrator

Posted On:
    2/15/2009 11:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by amorospace
    well I personally know this guy & have done some work with and he is good so am thinking why do people care the name he has given to his art? I am thinking as long as no one can literally bring proofs that he doesn't know what he is doing and is charging people a whole lot of money and is not teaching ****, they should be thinking about helping the community the way the WOLA-DO creator is doing. After all where is the martial art spirit?
    Helping the community has nothing to do with self defense.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2009 11:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TAE KWON DO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is teaching self defense thats my point. I understand everybody's point of view. Some of the stuff he said doesn't make much sense to some people which i understand too. Thing is you learn and you transmit whatever it is you learnd. Common he is a creative guy. He should not have put DO at the end of whatever martial art he created. From all i have read, it seems like the DO is what he is being critisized for. I think we can look beyond that. I am sticking to TAE KWON DO but hey i will learn anything by curiosity, or at least find out about it and decide if i can use it or if it's pointless for me (depending on everyones martial art background) as long as it is practical and gives me an experience, i'll try it. doesn't mean adopt it or try to put it down expecially when i don't know what it really is

Posted On:
    2/18/2009 12:35pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem I have is when guys put together a hodge-podge of stuff and call it a style and refer to themselves as a grand fucking master soke and expect people to buy into the bulshit...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2009 1:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TAE KWON DO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman View Post
    The problem I have is when guys put together a hodge-podge of stuff and call it a style and refer to themselves as a grand fucking master soke and expect people to buy into the bulshit...
    That i understand. I will ask the "grand master" who made him "grand master". I have discuss this with him before (like i said i have done some work with him and actually learnd some good techniques from him) but i sincerly cannot tell you that i remembered exactly what he said. So i'll find out if he self proclam himself grand master or if someone made him grand master. I am saying this because i read in a prior post that he trainned with GRAND MASTER CHOI. I don't know this for a fact but i'll find out. I talked to him and he he wants me to visit him before he goes for a seminar this JULY in TOGO (West Africa)

Posted On:
    2/18/2009 2:17pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by amorospace View Post
    That i understand. I will ask the "grand master" who made him "grand master". I have discuss this with him before (like i said i have done some work with him and actually learnd some good techniques from him) but i sincerly cannot tell you that i remembered exactly what he said. So i'll find out if he self proclam himself grand master or if someone made him grand master. I am saying this because i read in a prior post that he trainned with GRAND MASTER CHOI. I don't know this for a fact but i'll find out. I talked to him and he he wants me to visit him before he goes for a seminar this JULY in TOGO (West Africa)
    Thanks. Reading his previous posts, he said he made the style and proclaimed himself Grand Master (10th dan) of it.

Posted On:
    5/04/2011 5:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai/Jiu-jitsu/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, but it is definitely CRAP. I'm currently working in Afghanistan and the alleged "founder", "originator" or whatever he is, works here as well. I met him at the Judo class here. I believe his name is, Kay (?) and he's from Africa and had passed out some flyers inviting both military and civilians alike to attend his "Wola-do" seminar over a week ago. I wanted to attend to see for myself, but due to work I was unable to. I haven't heard anything from anyone about "Kay's" seminar and don't believe he had a good turnout if he did at all. On his flyer, he mentions that you will get a certificate after the session. Like really? Nice guy, but not at all impressed. I hope this info helps shed light on this thing.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789