225262 Bullies, 3434 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 86
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ignatzami is offline
    ignatzami's Avatar

    l Travel To Get Choked!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,849

    Posted On:
    2/12/2009 5:39pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy thread necro batman!
  2. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 11:02am

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjcool
    I've seen a few of the Wola-Do sessions, I'd like to know if they actually work.

    It's not like I don't know how to throw a punch or a kick.

    Don't listen to Loci and company you will be fine. How hard is it to throw a punch or two? But do a good job my friend... You go in there and try to kick him in the groin, spit in his face and tell him you buttfucked his art, his country and his kinfolk in front of his students ok?

    Now you are ready and we will see if this guy's art can pass muster. Make sure the camera is running prefarably to a machine with a feed to this site... the efforts will be reviewed carefully as your sacrifice... i mean your hypothesis... will not be in vai... I mean will not be neglected!
  3. sempaiman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,454

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 1:32pm


     Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SInce he tagged on "do", he should know that Japanese etiquette they don't refer to themselves as "Masters"...
  4. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,490

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 1:38pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    SInce he tagged on "do", he should know that Japanese etiquette they don't refer to themselves as "Masters"...
    Since his background is TKD, I'd assume it's Korean, not Japanese. Do they have "Master" title in TKD? I'm not sure, but I think Sabunim just means father... and I don't think this guy ever claimed to be familiar with Japanese/Korean cultures. Just said he liked them.
  5. DarkPhoenix is offline
    DarkPhoenix's Avatar

    I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hicksville, NY
    Posts
    2,251

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 1:46pm


     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sabumnim means "Master Instructor"

    Kwangjamin means "Head Master"
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts
  6. amorospace is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 7:18pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TAE KWON DO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Don't listen to Loci and company you will be fine. How hard is it to throw a punch or two? But do a good job my friend... You go in there and try to kick him in the groin, spit in his face and tell him you buttfucked his art, his country and his kinfolk in front of his students ok?

    Now you are ready and we will see if this guy's art can pass muster. Make sure the camera is running prefarably to a machine with a feed to this site... the efforts will be reviewed carefully as your sacrifice... i mean your hypothesis... will not be in vai... I mean will not be neglected!
    Common man his country too? the whole country? lol
  7. amorospace is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 7:19pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TAE KWON DO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    Since his background is TKD, I'd assume it's Korean, not Japanese. Do they have "Master" title in TKD? I'm not sure, but I think Sabunim just means father... and I don't think this guy ever claimed to be familiar with Japanese/Korean cultures. Just said he liked them.
    Sabumnim means "Master Instructor"
  8. amorospace is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 7:50pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TAE KWON DO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will start with saying that i am not siding up with anybody just so you know.These are some facts i wanted to point out. I have seen this guy's sparring and he is a good fighter (am sure you all are good fighters & know what i mean. He can fight). As far as credentials, he has documents that were posted on here ( well can anyone confirm that they are real? or that they are not real?). As everything else he said goes, who knows? (bullshit or not?) i can't tell you what to think.I have some questions though,what are the stamdarts or requirements? of creating a martial art? What if he didn't claim he created a martial art and he just claimed that he put together different art techniques into a process he teaches, would that have been OK? I mean what really is his sin in the whole story?
  9. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    2/13/2009 10:27pm

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by amorospace
    I will start with saying that i am not siding up with anybody just so you know.These are some facts i wanted to point out. I have seen this guy's sparring and he is a good fighter (am sure you all are good fighters & know what i mean. He can fight). As far as credentials, he has documents that were posted on here ( well can anyone confirm that they are real? or that they are not real?). As everything else he said goes, who knows? (bullshit or not?) i can't tell you what to think.I have some questions though,what are the stamdarts or requirements? of creating a martial art? What if he didn't claim he created a martial art and he just claimed that he put together different art techniques into a process he teaches, would that have been OK? I mean what really is his sin in the whole story?


    Ok all kidding aside I don't see anything bad about this guy. He is being upfront about the use of terminoogy and he is allowed to be creative with it if he chooses. He obviously is respected and is no exhorbitant in the price department what is the problem? People are grasping at straws... this guy does not appeat to be a detriment but instead a benefit to his community.

    The one guy with issues has not given proof and lets fac it: "the city of south dakota kicked him out?" Please cities do not kick martial artists out haha even when they should.

    This guy is a bit of a knight in shining armor... or what we woud call a boyscout but he strikes me as sincere in his efforts to be a good teacher.

    Seriousy folks find guys who are misleading and charging people a lot of money and manipulating people... who cares what the guy calls his art? it is kicking and punchin and exerscize just what the midwest needs if you ask me.
  10. amorospace is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    2/15/2009 9:54am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TAE KWON DO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well I personally know this guy & have done some work with and he is good so am thinking why do people care the name he has given to his art? I am thinking as long as no one can literally bring proofs that he doesn't know what he is doing and is charging people a whole lot of money and is not teaching ****, they should be thinking about helping the community the way the WOLA-DO creator is doing. After all where is the martial art spirit?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.