Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy thread necro batman!

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 11:02am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjcool
    I've seen a few of the Wola-Do sessions, I'd like to know if they actually work.

It's not like I don't know how to throw a punch or a kick.

Don't listen to Loci and company you will be fine. How hard is it to throw a punch or two? But do a good job my friend... You go in there and try to kick him in the groin, spit in his face and tell him you buttfucked his art, his country and his kinfolk in front of his students ok?

Now you are ready and we will see if this guy's art can pass muster. Make sure the camera is running prefarably to a machine with a feed to this site... the efforts will be reviewed carefully as your sacrifice... i mean your hypothesis... will not be in vai... I mean will not be neglected!

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 1:32pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SInce he tagged on "do", he should know that Japanese etiquette they don't refer to themselves as "Masters"...

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    SInce he tagged on "do", he should know that Japanese etiquette they don't refer to themselves as "Masters"...
    Since his background is TKD, I'd assume it's Korean, not Japanese. Do they have "Master" title in TKD? I'm not sure, but I think Sabunim just means father... and I don't think this guy ever claimed to be familiar with Japanese/Korean cultures. Just said he liked them.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 1:46pm

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sabumnim means "Master Instructor"

Kwangjamin means "Head Master"
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 7:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TAE KWON DO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Don't listen to Loci and company you will be fine. How hard is it to throw a punch or two? But do a good job my friend... You go in there and try to kick him in the groin, spit in his face and tell him you buttfucked his art, his country and his kinfolk in front of his students ok?

Now you are ready and we will see if this guy's art can pass muster. Make sure the camera is running prefarably to a machine with a feed to this site... the efforts will be reviewed carefully as your sacrifice... i mean your hypothesis... will not be in vai... I mean will not be neglected!
    Common man his country too? the whole country? lol

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 7:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    Since his background is TKD, I'd assume it's Korean, not Japanese. Do they have "Master" title in TKD? I'm not sure, but I think Sabunim just means father... and I don't think this guy ever claimed to be familiar with Japanese/Korean cultures. Just said he liked them.
    Sabumnim means "Master Instructor"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 7:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will start with saying that i am not siding up with anybody just so you know.These are some facts i wanted to point out. I have seen this guy's sparring and he is a good fighter (am sure you all are good fighters & know what i mean. He can fight). As far as credentials, he has documents that were posted on here ( well can anyone confirm that they are real? or that they are not real?). As everything else he said goes, who knows? (bullshit or not?) i can't tell you what to think.I have some questions though,what are the stamdarts or requirements? of creating a martial art? What if he didn't claim he created a martial art and he just claimed that he put together different art techniques into a process he teaches, would that have been OK? I mean what really is his sin in the whole story?

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 10:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by amorospace
    I will start with saying that i am not siding up with anybody just so you know.These are some facts i wanted to point out. I have seen this guy's sparring and he is a good fighter (am sure you all are good fighters & know what i mean. He can fight). As far as credentials, he has documents that were posted on here ( well can anyone confirm that they are real? or that they are not real?). As everything else he said goes, who knows? (bullshit or not?) i can't tell you what to think.I have some questions though,what are the stamdarts or requirements? of creating a martial art? What if he didn't claim he created a martial art and he just claimed that he put together different art techniques into a process he teaches, would that have been OK? I mean what really is his sin in the whole story?

Ok all kidding aside I don't see anything bad about this guy. He is being upfront about the use of terminoogy and he is allowed to be creative with it if he chooses. He obviously is respected and is no exhorbitant in the price department what is the problem? People are grasping at straws... this guy does not appeat to be a detriment but instead a benefit to his community.

The one guy with issues has not given proof and lets fac it: "the city of south dakota kicked him out?" Please cities do not kick martial artists out haha even when they should.

This guy is a bit of a knight in shining armor... or what we woud call a boyscout but he strikes me as sincere in his efforts to be a good teacher.

Seriousy folks find guys who are misleading and charging people a lot of money and manipulating people... who cares what the guy calls his art? it is kicking and punchin and exerscize just what the midwest needs if you ask me.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2009 9:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well I personally know this guy & have done some work with and he is good so am thinking why do people care the name he has given to his art? I am thinking as long as no one can literally bring proofs that he doesn't know what he is doing and is charging people a whole lot of money and is not teaching ****, they should be thinking about helping the community the way the WOLA-DO creator is doing. After all where is the martial art spirit?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast