218300 Bullies, 9399 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 11:01am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    I was going to give it a benefit of the doubt, but after hearing from the Man himself, know I know it is complete BS. How can a whole bunch of oriental stuff, be combined, and end up African Martial Art? And what are his credentials, lets see, I make my own style, what the hell, I'm super soke grand master professor. I don't train long enough to have my black black belt wear out (or take time to frizzle one up), I'll just put on a white belt. Oh, yeah, this is an African Style, better put on some zebra pants. I'll also make some guy a 7th dan, because he is nice to me. It just make Martial Arts look silly.
    At least he is from Africa.

99% of so called African Martial arts are created by guys who saw Shaka Zulu.

BJJ wins again!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, for one, welcome Mr. Hukporti. Grandmaster Hukporti, are you familiar with the African art of Comba-Tai?

http://www.combatai.homestead.com/

http://combatai.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=general

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 4:25pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think my brain just imploded from reading that

So Mr. Wola-do . . . you have a large mix of arts in your background, what is your experience in those arts?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 4:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wola-Do? Just from the looks of it and the descriptions you've given, you're better off at a traditional karate class, or something cool like Judo.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 3:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wola-Do Is it For Real?

I am new to this venue and was drawn to it due to the fact that I heard there were questions and doubts posted.

I was a skeptical as most of you....especially with something new. I live in Nebraska and found out about Wola-Do through the community center.

I taked with Grand Master Hukporti. A very colorful character to say the least. I was interested in enrolling my 8 year old son. His methodolgy was different and he seemed sincere. The cost was very affordable so I figured we give it a try.

Here we are 6 months later. My son, who is a good kid and a fair student but needs more structure and focus (I guess he is just a typical youngster) has been transformed! He is now doing fantastic in school and his respect level towards adults has been commendable.
    What helps in enforcing high morals and respect after leaving class is a weekly report card given to each parent. This report card tracks the progress of 12 categories of the childs daily regiment. From making his bed to stretching and practicing Wola-Do. Wola-Do's Evaluation President reviews the card each week with the parent and student. If there is difficienies, punishment is given through physical activies such as push=ups and kicks ect..

Plain and simple.....IT WORKS!! And most of the parents envolved can attest to similar results....

As for the adult students.....I believe there are 2 Black Belt adults from other Marital Arts Disiplines that have joined...and to my knowledge......are very pleased with the methodolgy and training Wola-Do has to offer. Yes, it gets crowded at class. Grandmaster trains the children with the Adults but holds class afterward specifically for the adults. As for the level of training, it looks hard. Many students have quit due to the dedication to the art that must be committed. His sparring regiment seems very very tough with most sparring stopped when a submission hold has been successfully executed.

As for Grand Master Hukporti's qualifications: There are many. I believe he is Mutli Black Belt in various Marital Arts and is knowledgeable in many more. He was captain of his country's Martial Arts Olympic Team and was responsible for training the special forces in his country. He self taugh him self the English language, hense he is a bit tough to understand at times. But a good person who is dedicated in spreading his philosphy through his Martial Arts. He has students in Africa and in the Philippines.

He welcomes anyone and everyone to his classes.

BJJ Suckee

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 3:48pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, just wow. Sad thing is, is that this probably works on a lot of people.

BJJ wins again!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for Grand Master Hukporti's qualifications: There are many. I believe he is Mutli Black Belt in various Marital Arts and is knowledgeable in many more. He was captain of his country's Martial Arts Olympic Team and was responsible for training the special forces in his country. He self taugh him self the English language, hense he is a bit tough to understand at times. But a good person who is dedicated in spreading his philosphy through his Martial Arts. He has students in Africa and in the Philippines.
    That's pretty awesome. Has he ever shown you the evidence that proves this is true?

When he was captain of the Olympic team, for instance, which country did he represent? Was he captain of the Tae Kwon Do team, the Judo team, or both?

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:42pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, easy stuff first. What country does he represent, what "martial art" was he the captain of . . . and sadly enough this has to be asked, which "olympics" was this a part of?

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 6:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Answers: Togo, West Africa
    National Olympic Team Tae Kwon Do in Togo

As for proof and dates, email him

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 7:50am

Style: Uechi Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STV
    Here we are 6 months later. My son, who is a good kid and a fair student but needs more structure and focus (I guess he is just a typical youngster) has been transformed! He is now doing fantastic in school and his respect level towards adults has been commendable.
    What helps in enforcing high morals and respect after leaving class is a weekly report card given to each parent. This report card tracks the progress of 12 categories of the childs daily regiment. From making his bed to stretching and practicing Wola-Do. Wola-Do's Evaluation President reviews the card each week with the parent and student. If there is difficienies, punishment is given through physical activies such as push=ups and kicks ect..

Plain and simple.....IT WORKS!! And most of the parents envolved can attest to similar results....
    Well, to be quite frank with you. I teach over 30 kids in my kids class. I have heard the stories about how great they are doing, and how 3 of my students do so well, and they suffer ADD etc etc. I am glad to hear the parents are pleased. However, I can say , if the parents at home were disciplining their kids right in the first place, they would be doing as well, perhaps even better, then what they receive from their training in the dojo. Maybe you should look into new ways of disciplining your child at home? Any dojo I have ever been in teaches the formalities you discribe, it is not impossible as a parent to do the same.(and yes before you mention it, I have 4 kid's 26-boy 21-boy 18-boy 10-girl).
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast