Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 9:47pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like a load of ****.
    My guess is that people will probably be drawn to it because of the alleged 'African' aspect of it, and people will think it is something exotic, when in reality it's most likely just Krotty/TKD given a new name.

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 4:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The uniforms are Taekwondo ITF doboks with a new logo on. Everything is the same: the black borders on the jacket for 1 Dan and up, and the stripes on the sides for 4 Dan and above (I think).

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 7:12am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He arrived in North Platte earlier this year, transferring from the Wal-Mart in Omaha to the North Platte store.
    "I was working three days a week," Hukporti said. "Then I would sit at home and wonder how I could help the community."
    Sure, you sure you wern't smoking pot, thinking about how much your life sucks because you got ran out of the last town and you work at walmart, then you decided you could always attempt to make up a martial art, sucker in some kids and start a francise?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 8:49am

Style: FMA, JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the same old story: man gets blackbelt in TKD, creates new system and styles himself "Grandmaster." Soon he's got a cadre of 7th degree blackbelt nebbished spreading the mediocrity and giving making maritial arts look silly. It's mostly harmless however.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    4/30/2006 7:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The website looks crap.

Still, there's plenty of scams coming out of Africa at the moment. Makes a change from all the e-mails I keep getting wanting me to give my bank account details so the son of some African chief can depoit THE SUM OF 20.5 (TWENTY POINT FIVE) MILLION DOLLARS in my account.

African name combined with an Asian suffix sounds fookin' awful.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 8:21pm

Style: No real training.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, sorry for the lack of updates, but I just went to observe one of these classes...

35 dollars a month, 2 classes a week that are 1 hour long, most of which consisted of stretching that wouldn't be out of place at your local elementary school gym class.

After that, there's some very generic "left punch, right punch" stuff, I didn't see a single kick exercise, 5 year olds were practicing alongside 30-somethings, the whole thing reeked of crap, and I got a phamplet (sic) that has a quote from the man himself, describing Wola-Do as a "Gift to the Human Race" that I will get scanned and posted here pronto.

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 2:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wola-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Don't try to investiget the Martial Art from Togo West Africa (Wola-Do).

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcool
    My Recreation Complex is holding classes for this African martial art. It seems like a large thing, at least for a small town like mine, so I'm going to do a little detective work. Classes are beginning quite soon, possibly tomorrow. I'll be in touch. Any information about this alleged martial art would be appreciated.

I also plan to make good on my promise to investigate the To-Shin-Do school where I live during the summer.
    My name is Hukporti, Aloedzi Wolasime I am the founder of Wola-Do. Don't try to do a little detective work on me. Just come in and talk to me so that I can explain my teaching to you. Just a simple explanation, I use to practice Shotokan (SKI and JKI), Taekwon-do (ITF and WTF), Evala, Capoeira, Aikido, Judo, Moja, and some Muay Thai moves. I combine all this to make Wola-Do. The name of the are in Ewe ( a language from Togo) is Wola-Mo but I love the Japanese Korean and Japanese Language that is why I put the Do in Place of the MO and both mean the same thing. I read a not on this site that the Art was created in 1999 and some people are promoted to 7th degree I will explain why. The article in the telegraph News Paper in North Platte, Nebraska was wright and if I promote some one to any kind of degree I want is my own decision because is my style and I can promote every one the way I want it if the deserve it. I will explain you how I promote some of my student to 7th degree black belt: I created my style in 1997 and I promoted two of my students who practice, work and serve me since I was 17 years old and I promess them that if God guide me and I create a Martial Art one day I will guive and promote them to 7th degree and I keep my promess. Remember that if you promess some one some thing make shure that you do it and if you do it God will bless you for that. I will love you and any one else that want to talk to me to feel free to write me an e-mail at: aloedzi@msn.com; I teach classes at the recreation center in North Platte, Nebraska tuesday and thuesday from 7:00PM to 9:00PM I also teach in Hershey, Nebraska Monday and Wednesday from 6:30PM to 7:30PM please feel free to walk in and practice with us. We kick, and do many techniques that are simular to the other martial Art. The names are in Ewe and Kabye (National Languages of Togo) our forms are also different compare to other Martial Art. Thank you for your article. God Bless, Shalom

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 2:28am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ this is EXACTLY the sort of **** that is wrong with martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 4:27am

Style: Boxing, MMA/MT/BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymro
    Nothing, repeat Nothing, about this stands up.

The references to African history are BS. The techniques and uniforms are recycled TKD/Krotty. Everything about this is crap.

I'll post more details later if someone wants them. I just don't have time right now.
    It even has the same "Learn to fight to avoid fighting" BS message thrown in for good measure.

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 10:48am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to give it a benefit of the doubt, but after hearing from the Man himself, know I know it is complete BS. How can a whole bunch of oriental stuff, be combined, and end up African Martial Art? And what are his credentials, lets see, I make my own style, what the hell, I'm super soke grand master professor. I don't train long enough to have my black black belt wear out (or take time to frizzle one up), I'll just put on a white belt. Oh, yeah, this is an African Style, better put on some zebra pants. I'll also make some guy a 7th dan, because he is nice to me. It just make Martial Arts look silly.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast