Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 3:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stoffel van Vuuren & Barry Pictor, Ninjitsu Bullshidoka in South Africa?

What is the current situation with Stoffel van Vuuren in South Africa? He claims to be a GRAND MASTER in Ninjitsu? How can this be? He wears badges bought from Ashida Kim's website. He is currently claiming to be many things on his new website: http://www.blackdragon.co.za/homepage/126/home/ . Who graded him to this rank? Further more he recently graded a student who was doing ninjitsu and had a 4th kyu to 1st kyu in seven days, and gave this student a 1st Dan in "POISON HAND" which apparently only has 77 moves... WTF? Is there anyone who is legitamate in this style?

If anyone has dug up anything or been doing any invetigations into this let us know.

Anyone got any comments on the Cape Ninjitsu Federation: http://www.cnfsa.com/ who now seem to be called
    "HAKKO KAI NINJUTSU" ...?
    I never new there were tigers in Japan?

All we want to do is practice ninjitsu under legitemate and qualified instructors! ARE THERE ANY OUT THERE???

:bs:

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 6:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey

I am afraid that i can't offer you any info on stoffel van vuuren. However, i am a member of the Cape Ninjutsu Federation, and going for my 9th kyu. The techniques are extremely effective an practical for real life situations. My shihan is a 5th dan in koga-ryu ninjutsu and was graded by stoffel van vuuren, however he is no longer affiliated with the Black Dragon Fighting Society nor the SA ninjutsu federation.

The reason why he calls it HAKKO KAI ninjutsu is due to his admiration of white tigers. And yes, he is a very well qualified and legit instructor. Don't take my word for it though, rather check out one of the classes yourself if you are in Cape Town.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    um phoenix,... you do know that koga ryu ninutsu is extinct and doesn't exist anymore, right?

sorry.
    Last edited by shmuel; 10/28/2007 1:21pm at .

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah...i've heard that...and frankly it's the biggest load of crap. you mean to tell me that just because seiko fujita didn't leave a direct decendant that the art has died? he left all his teachings in scrolls, plus he had many students whom also reached high levels in the art......and you mean to say that NONE of them have carried on with it??

Seriously now....think about it for a second. I always laugh when i see the way uneducated people act when they can't find lineage or proper credientials for etc. etc. the matter of fact is that koga-ryu ninjutsu or any ninjutsu works very well....that is all that matters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 12:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, please tell me how Seiko Fujita's knowledge ended up with your teacher? What is the connection between Seiko Fujita and your teacher?

(That's assuming that Seiko Fujita was himself not a fraud. His "koga ryu" claims are not universally accepted either, but that's another matter.)

Please, please, please don't tell us that your teachings came via Ashida Kim.

Another thing ... how come your style of ninjutsu teaches Okinawan weapons like nunchaku and tonfa?

Also, are you aware that the straight bladed "ninja sword" with the square tsuba is also a fraud?

I'm really surprised there are people left in the world that still believe that this kind of sword ever existed or was used by the ninja.

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 7:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL LOL LOL Ok....i dunno what you're trying to get at, but it's clear to me that you have already made up your mind regarding the fact that koga-ryu is fake, so nothing i say will make a difference. That is your opinion and you can keep it...I really don't mind at all. You are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too concerned with the opinions of others instead of thinking for yourself, but as i said....that's ok and i am definitely not going to try convincing you otherwise......I do find you very amusing though and i'll share a few of my thoughts anyway.

All that matters to me is whether or not I can use what i'm being taught in a real life situations....and judging the the type and intensity of the training received, i know that my chances of being able to defend myself on the street have been greatly improved already. So all in all, i can assure you one thing.....nothing that we get taught in our training is fake or fraudulant.....the lineage may be broken, but the techniques are still extremely effective.....isn't that what matters at the end of the day??

The bujinkan schools are regarded as the being the most traditional and "pure" schools (whatever the hell that means).....but does that make them any better than modern styles? The style of ninjutsu that i do contains elements of karate, shaolin kung-fu, aikido as well as bujinkan ninjutsu techniques as well. My teacher has been doing ninjutsu for over 22 years and was also in the special forces and flying squad (SA equivalent of SWAT in USA) for more than 12 years and has a lot of experience regarding real life situations....hence he knows what he's doing. He incorporated many of the military/police combat training techniques into the training that we do.

So as you can see...it may not be "pure" ninjutsu, but i can promise you one thing, it's f^&%#$n effective. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself one simple question: Do you want to do an art that's recognised and accredited by everyone else that MAY not be as effective......or do you want to do an art that isn't necessarily accepted by the masses, although it's extremely effective.

I leave it to you

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 7:56pm

Style: chaos

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 7:57pm

Style: chaos

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are in a major war with them

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 8:12pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Phoenix
    LOL LOL LOL Ok....i dunno what you're trying to get at, but it's clear to me that you have already made up your mind regarding the fact that koga-ryu is fake, so nothing i say will make a difference. That is your opinion and you can keep it...I really don't mind at all. You are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too concerned with the opinions of others instead of thinking for yourself, but as i said....that's ok and i am definitely not going to try convincing you otherwise......I do find you very amusing though and i'll share a few of my thoughts anyway.

All that matters to me is whether or not I can use what i'm being taught in a real life situations....and judging the the type and intensity of the training received, i know that my chances of being able to defend myself on the street have been greatly improved already. So all in all, i can assure you one thing.....nothing that we get taught in our training is fake or fraudulant.....the lineage may be broken, but the techniques are still extremely effective.....isn't that what matters at the end of the day??

The bujinkan schools are regarded as the being the most traditional and "pure" schools (whatever the hell that means).....but does that make them any better than modern styles? The style of ninjutsu that i do contains elements of karate, shaolin kung-fu, aikido as well as bujinkan ninjutsu techniques as well. My teacher has been doing ninjutsu for over 22 years and was also in the special forces and flying squad (SA equivalent of SWAT in USA) for more than 12 years and has a lot of experience regarding real life situations....hence he knows what he's doing. He incorporated many of the military/police combat training techniques into the training that we do.

So as you can see...it may not be "pure" ninjutsu, but i can promise you one thing, it's f^&%#$n effective. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself one simple question: Do you want to do an art that's recognised and accredited by everyone else that MAY not be as effective......or do you want to do an art that isn't necessarily accepted by the masses, although it's extremely effective.

I leave it to you
    Then why call yourself Ninja when you do not actually have a connection to Feudal Japan. Why not, call yourselves a bunch of South Africans who like to live action role play.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 9:51pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps Ninjakaaners? You guys have a weird way of lifting other people's heritages.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast