• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is the same guy that wanted to know what martial arts Bruce Leeroy, Daniel San, and the Guys from the Cobra Kai did, either he is retarded or a troll

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 10:07pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    this is the same guy that wanted to know what martial arts Bruce Leeroy, Daniel San, and the Guys from the Cobra Kai did, either he is retarded or a troll
    Cobra Kai does Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Seriously.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Cobra Kai does Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Seriously.
    Why in gods name would they name their school that? I could never train there just on principles sake.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Why in gods name would they name their school that? I could never train there just on principles sake.
    I'd train there just FOR principles sake. C'mon, it's cobra fucking kai!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:56pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    "Put 'em in a body bag, Spatula, yeah!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Somehow I now see it your way....do you have that effect on many people?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    In the UFC Arlvoski is a Sambo/Kickboxing guy, Chuck Liddell is a Kickboxer. Matt Hughes is a wrestler.
    Arlovski curretnly trains his boxing and bjj.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    In the UFC Arlvoski is a Sambo/Kickboxing guy, Chuck Liddell is a Kickboxer. Matt Hughes is a wrestler.
    Arlovski curretnly trains his boxing and bjj.
    Plus, in 1998, Liddell trained in BJJ with John Lewis of the J-Sect Brazilian Ju-jitsu Academy just before his debut in the UFC (this is off the iceman's website.) I don't know what his rank is, but I believed I heard or read somewhere that Liddell has a brown belt. I don't know if that's true or just bullshit, but it is for a fact that the iceman made it a point to train in BJJ.

Oh **** it, why bother... the original premise of this thread is just fucking retarded :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 1:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard purple belt. Anyone know for certain what belt Liddell has?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    I heard purple belt. Anyone know for certain what belt Liddell has?
    Purple belt. I did further digging and found this online article at Liddell's site: http://www.icemanmma.com/content/view/48/52/

Ultimate Fighting Championship bouts can be brutal, although there are rules - 31 in fact, including no spitting, biting, hair-pulling eye-gouging, "grabbing the clavicle," "small joint manipulation," or "groin attacks of any kind."

Beating the crap out of someone is allowed, however, until the referee steps in.

And Liddell, as a former collegiate wrestler with martial arts expertise in karate (black belt), jui jitsu (purple belt), kempo and kickboxing, is well-equipped to deliver some pain.

Liddell is a feared striker, who can lay someone out with one punch. He can also turn out the lights with a well-placed kick to the head.

Plus he can defend. He is hard to take down, which given his ability to punch means he is one tough package.
    It would be extremelly doubtfull that Liddell website were to be in error (willingly or not) about his BJJ credentials. Ergo, this should put to rest any retarded, fucked up claim that Liddell is a strict striker with no knowledge whatsoever in BJJ. Any attempt to use his success as proof that BJJ doesn't work (whatever the **** that means) should fall to the ground in flames like the Hindenburg.

Sooooo, Da SHreDdA what do you have to say on this matter? Kinda sucks to have the head stuck up the ass I'd say :tongue6:
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 4/12/2006 1:51pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast