Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:59pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Now, Richard Van Donk gets a bad review for his ninjitsu DVD but the review is based on how the moves on the DVD are hard to follow. The techniques themselves aren't criticized.

http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/donksd.htm

Uh oh, and look at this! John "lardass" Perkins gets a pretty good rating! There were only a "few questionable" techniques.

http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/perkins.htm
    most of these videos are not very good, from what i can tell the technique is sloppy and virtually non existant, i would know I KNOW SOMEONE WHO OWNS THEM AND WE HAVE WATCHED THEM IN THE PAST AND I HAVE MEMORIES OF WHICH ARE GOOD AND WHICH ARE NOT GOOD! so ask me if you have questions about them, dont waste time with these noobs and their bad **** ahah lol!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 6:49am

Style: Koei-Kan, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Supposedly, one of this video companies leaders/owners has threatened the life, and spotless military career, of one high ranking individual in an association I belonged too, if he didn't take action against me about my review of their videos (meaning, force your member to remove our bad review). The actual call I got from the head of my association said "(BLANK) called me and says he knows high-ranking military officials in Washington DC that can ruin my military career, he's threatened to do so, along with threatening to sue both you and me, and send "Hit Men" after me, my family, you and your family, if either you don't remove the review, or we don't take action against you."
    Sorry. But this **** is just annoying. Did these guys not make it out of grade school? Who believes this ****?

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 9:26am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wounded Ronin: While its really easy to look at a review of his and say, "What the hell?? He gave the 'Tiny Tikes: How to teach infants Cage Fighting' an excellent review? What an asshole!", I think we may be judging a bit too harshly here.

The positive reviews he's given questionable martial material (Dillman, TRS, etc...) could simply be chalked up to a number of different factors that aren't pertinent to the essential worth of the various styles/systems represented.

Lots of people think Olympic TKD is ****...but a video that offers excellent tips and advice for competitive Olympic TKD students should NOT be given a terrible review simply because of the inherent bias against the style being represented. If it does its job well, then it should be given a good review.

Lets take the "Dillman" video. I personally find the entire idea of his "Pressure Point Knock out" system to be pure unapplicable crap that will get a casual person killed in a self-defense situation. However, the guy is RICH! He probably had the time, money, and resources to produce an excellent series of videos...and even a rudimentary understanding of instruction can allow anyone to break something down and make it understandable.

He might be teaching seasoned dog ****...but that seasoned dog **** is packaged in a very presentable, easy to understand and high quality video.

Anyway, just trying to give Mr. Mann the benefit of the doubt. He's joined the club of people that have been threatened by shadowy ninja, so therefore deserves at least a modicum of respect.

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 10:15am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read many of the reviews on his site. Some are good, some are questionable, but some like the reviews of SCARS and Chris Cluggston's tapes were priceless. And yes I could very well believe he's been personally threatened. There are a lot of screwed up martial arts masters in this world.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 10:38am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I'm starting to wonder if it is hype. I would stay far away as possible from associating this with Bullshido.

Here's why:

http://ntfa-dallas.home.att.net/mmafaq.htm

Now read the whole page. Thing is, he is marketing a program using a MMA definition not condusive to this site.

He is part of NTFA http://www.ntfa.com/site/view/Instructors.pml
    He implies that he uses the tapes to teach You a system with all techniques.
    He has a 1500 TAPE library and he will teach you.
    He brags about his $45,000 collection.

I'm sorry if I sound jaded. It just reads like a self serving statement. I was threatened because I dare to teach you other peoples techniques from tape. I wonder if bad reviews are for instructors that don't let him publicly teach from his tapes...???

Now having close to 1500 martial arts instructional videos in his personal collection, Mr. Mann is confident he has more information, techniques and knowledge to share, than most other instructors in the Dallas area. Often, most instructors just keep doing and teaching the same thing, day-after-day, making martial arts training nothing but a repetitive task. Students often become bored due to that monotony and quit! Mr. Mann states "I have seen countless instances in which most instructors have nothing but a small handful of knowledge to share with their students. Compare them to a very thin paperback book, regarding the amount of material they can pull from to make classes exciting. I have no doubt with my 1500 tape library, and much of what I've seen, like, and can remember, that I can prevent that from happening with my students and provide them the highest possible level of quality training in the Dallas area. We will find out on a student-by-student basis, what works for each of you! Many instructors try to put you into what-worked-for-them, versus putting you into what-works-for-you!"

For the 1st time EVER since starting his groundbreaking Video Reviews website 8 yrs ago, Mr. Mann is ready to offer those in Dallas 2 unique concepts in martial arts training:

1. A (3) style system...Traditional TKD for kicking and Kenpo-Jujitsu for hands

2. An enormous wealth of knowledge, information, and material, that likely no other instructor in the Dallas area has! Mr. Mann states "I challenge any other instructor in Dallas to show me his $45,000 collection of original videos (not bootleg copies) he has! Be assured, those who train with me, will be taught all of the GOOD stuff from that collection, along with everything I learned in several arts from several different instructors I earned black belts from! Look at it as a bonus, and that by training with me, you're getting the best from that $45,000 worth of information for pennies on the dollar. Also, you will save tons of time, because I spent thousands of hours going through all those videos for you, to figure out what was THE BEST material you should be taught! And let me tell you, there are tons of dirty tricks and surprises I have NEVER SEEN taught at any school, and my students will get it ALL!".

This type of training will truly provide a unique opportunity to a select few in the Dallas area, who want something traditional (ITF-type TKD), combined with a hybrid street-effective style that will last a lifetime (Kenpo-Jujitsu combined with tons of dirty fighting tricks). You get (3) styles for the price of one, along with tons of additional tricks-and-secrets Mr. Mann will share from his own video collection, which is so large its kept at an offsite storage facility, and literally valued at well-over $45,000 (1500 videos @ avg retail price of $30 each).

Mr. Mann adds "I have visited and talked too a couple of instructors at HUGE out-of-state schools that truly do make students street-ready in 6-12 months. In my opinion, those 6-12 month students can often outperform most any school in this areas 2-3 yr students. Our goal will be to do the same for our students in their first 12 months of training! Providing maximum results in a minimum amount of time, will be our moto. And after their first 12 months, hopefully they'll want to continue down the path I've designed, which will further develop their skill and ability. The last thing I ever want is one of my students to face a horribly violent street situation in their first yr of training and get hurt. I never want to turn into one of those pathetic instructors who in that sort of situation denies any responsiblity and says "Well, I guess they hadn't trained with me long enough yet to defend themself".

If you tried martial arts but dropped out due to training frustrations, or you thought about it and didn't due to age or injuries, come try Mann's Martial Arts and see how quickly you can become good at defending yourself. The schools approach to training is different than many other schools and your results will be too!
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/10/2006 10:54am at .

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 11:11am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a response back from him. Something about "martial artists from Texas" taking care of the problem.

I smell BS.

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 11:46am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I got a response back from him. Something about "martial artists from Texas" taking care of the problem.

I smell BS.

If you have the money, and you can find them; mabey you can hire the A-team.

rat tat tat tat tat. dumb da dumb dumb da da da. bada bum dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 11:57am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi

rat tat tat tat tat. dumb da dumb dumb da da da. bada bum dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

I could find them, but I didn't have the money for their black belt club.

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 11:58am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I could find them, but I didn't have the money for their black belt club.

Thats too bad. If you knew anthing about A-team lore you would know they are Anti-Mcdojo. They alsways give back the money after they blow the **** out of everything.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 12:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost

I smell BS.
    Yup, tough to miss the heaping pile of it... "martial artists from Texas" taking care of the problem? meh....

He preaches on his review site about wanting to assist the poor unsuspecting consumer.....great, rings of free speech, counter-caveat emptor, aka Fighting BS in the martial arts world, or the martial arts world of video instruction, whatever.

His apparently "deep throat" response to Phrost’s email flushes what he puts forward as his "purpose" straight into the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi

damnit, that's friggen awesome
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast