Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:33pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martial Arts Video Reviews victimized

Martial Arts Video Reviews threatened for giving negative reviews of instructional tape/DVDs. Check it out http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/mavr.htm

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:13pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess he could quit, or he could you know, use the internet the way it was ment to be used. annomously.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:27pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I guess he could quit, or he could you know, use the internet the way it was ment to be used. annomously.
    he is a dumbass who doesnt apply the correct breathing principles to put power in his techniques ahah what a dumbass

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:56pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone have links to his reviews? If they're good, we'll host them here and those pricks can deal with us.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the guy Erik Mann?

mailto:erik.mann@worldnet.att.net

Maybe send an email to that address to request the reviews.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:16pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent an email to the address on the site.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I might have found a phone number for Erik Mann, although of course we don't know for sure if he's the guy who wrote those reviews or not.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...m&ct=clnk&cd=1

214-343-8986
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, rock and roll, I found the reviews archived on Google. There's a lot of them. Best to read them while Google still has this version of the archive.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...m&ct=clnk&cd=2

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh, I am not so confident about these reviews being good. Here is the review of a Dillman tape. (Hmm, looks like the actual review is still on the site...there's just nothing linking to it.)

http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/dkiapp.htm

Company: Dillman Karate International
    Tape Name: Tape 6 - Advanced "Pressure Points"
    Tape Cost: $99.95
    Length of Tape/Time: 90 minutes
    Number of Moves/Techniques: Concept Tape
    Return Policy: ?
    Experiences in dealing with this company: Excellent
    The Instructor: George Dillman
    Company's Address: 251 Mt. View Rd., Reading, PA., 19607-9744
    Company's Phone Number: (610) 777-8444
    Web Page: http://www.dillman.com
    E-Mail: dillman@talon.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Primary Grading Criteria:

1. Production/Tape Quality: 9
    2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 9
    3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 9
    4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 9
    5. Score on delivery vs hype: 9
    6. Degree to which we would recommend this product: 9
    7. Wasted Time ( The higher the number, the less " fluff" /repetition ): 9
    8. Playback Score/Watching if over-and-over again: 10
    9. Would I purchase more of this company's products:9
    10. Overall grade based on cost vs. Value: 9

Grand Total: 91% ( Good = 2.75 Stars ) Original Score = 96%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondary Grading Criteria:

1. Beginners benefit: Fair
    2. Intermediate benefit: Good
    3. Advanced benefit: Good
    4. Time to benefit: Immediate for some material, not immediate for some
    5. The need to buy additional tapes to understand this one: Possibly

Written Summary:

Are you a traditional martial artist who spends much of your training time doing kata ? Or are you one of the new breed eclectic fighter/martial artists who disdain the traditional approach as a waste of time? If you fall into either category, then you might be interested in this video. Mr. Dillman does a credible job of linking kata training to effective fighting through the use of pressure points and an understanding of human anatomy and physiology. In the first segment of this video, Mr. Dillman breaks down the pressure points of the arm, the jaw/neck area, and the knee and shows how to maximize attacks to these areas. We get to see a few volunteers stunned with what appear to be extremely light strikes. There are some great techniques shown here for dropping someone quickly and effectively. The portion on kicking an opponent's knee is also very good.

In the second portion of the video, Mr. Dillman breaks down a well known kata and demonstrates the hidden meaning of the moves. Most everyone who has done any traditional training will be familiar with these moves but most have never heard the reasons behind what they are doing. This is the link between kata training (the traditional method) and effective self defense that mentioned Mr. Dillman is known for. Anyone who has grown disillusioned with their traditional training methods will find this video somewhat reassuring.. Mr. Dillman's material is an attempt to bridge the gap between traditional martial arts training and the new breed of eclectic martial artist. This video is for martial artists who feel their traditional training has been lacking in realism or effective fighting skill for the modern world. While I do not personally buy into kata bunkai as effective self defense training, I know that a large number of martial artists out there do agree with Mr. Dillman. If you fall into that group, then this video is worth a look. If not, you will probably feel that this video is a waste of time.

CJ

Here's his review of that "Rock and Roll Prison" system. :/

http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/painter.htm

Company: TRS Direct
    Tape Name: Rock & Roll (Prison Fighting System)
    Tape Cost: $69.95
    Length of Tape/Time: 1 hour 53 minutes
    Number of Moves/Techniques: Tons
    Return Policy: 1 YEAR Money Back Guarantee
    Experiences in dealing with this company: Fantastic
    The Instructor: James Painter
    Company's Address: 606 E. Acequia Ave., Visalia, CA 93292
    Company's Phone Number: 1-800-899-8153
    Web Page: Rock & Roll - Prison Fighting System
    E-Mail: order@trsdirect.com

1. Production/Tape Quality: 80
    2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 100
    3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 70
    4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 60
    5. Score on delivery vs hype: 60
    6. Degree to which we would recommend this product: 60
    7. Wasted Time ( The higher the number,the less " fluff" /repetition ): 100
    8. Playback Score/Watching it over-and-over again: 60
    9. Would I purchase more of this company's products: 60
    10. Overall grade based on cost vs. value: 60

Grand Total: 71% (Good = )

1. Beginners benefit: Good
    4. Time to benefit: Couple of weeks
    5. The need to buy additional tapes to understand this one: None

Written Summary:

How could a person not have an interest in a tape, made by someone who has (2) different black belts, did a little "time", and wants to tell us based on Prison fights what really works? We're told at the TRS website, and Painter's website, that he did 3 yrs for possessing a sawed-off shotgun. The story goes that Painter discovered his blackbelt skills didn't really help him in the "pen". However, he had a cellmate named "Skip", who was much older, and who created a fighting system in prison that in addition to Painter and Skip, only 3 others had been taught it, for a total of 5, and none had ever been defeated using it. Skip supposedly didn't want to teach it to Painter, eventually did, Painter used it several times successfully in the pen, and when released was encouraged by Skip to teach it to the outside world. Now Painter is the only one on the "outside" who can teach us Skip's system. One is left to assume that Painter and TRS somehow hook-up, and together make this video.

I've always been a fan of the TRS materials, mainly because of what seems to be their core belief/theme, that someone should only spend weeks/months training, not years, to become street-effective. Who wouldn't be a fan of something like that? Yet, other than the Vunak/Street Safe # 1 material, I often have mixed feelings about some of the concepts and techniques offered to us by some of the TRS instructors. While watching many of these instructors I often say to myself "I like that technique - but didn't care for the next one". At times, I feel like a person might have to pick-and-choose, maybe cafeteria style, what they feel comfortable using. Such is what I found myself thinking at times while watching this dvd.

First off, Painter is a BIG guy, I'd guess somewhere between 240-280 lbs, and its not muscle big, its...well how do you put it nicely, stomach big! I dare not say the other word, cause this is one HUGE-TOUGH-SOB that I don't want looking me up ;-) Upon first glance its easy to assume this huge guy couldn't teach any of us anything. I found that assumption to be wrong! Painter is talented, tough, extremely quick for his size, or any size. Its evident with his hand speed he's probably either had JKD, Wing Chun, or some Chinese or Filipino flowing type of hand art. His sense-of-timing to either evade, grab/respond, and avoid getting struck at the last tenth-of-a-second or so, is not only remarkable but interesting to watch.

The Material (1 hr 43 min for parts 1-18)

1. Intro/History - instructor bio, prison experiences, this system, etc.

2. (3) Main Concepts/"Moves" - A). Slap-Grab-And-Twist - slap the groin, grab it and squeeze/twist (1 or 2 hands), then pull it as hard as you can every direction possible, literally trying to rip the sack off. Painter shows several really cool ways to reach that, and to rip/torque them so painfully, one can't help but whince while watching! B). Biting - fingers, chest, ears, neck, anywhere, and insists on biting into the flesh - ripping out meat (I'm not a big fan of this due to HIV/AIDS), or actually trying to sever the joint (fingers) C). Eye Gouging - attacking the eyes with ones fingers a variety of ways. Often throughout this material, Painters defenses incorporate one or more of these 3 concepts/moves.

3. 10 Stand-Up Techniques - various scenarios shown in dealing with stand-up attacks. Somewhat similar to one-steps in other styles. Often incorporates his 3 main concepts/moves, but often adds other common strikes.

4. 10 Ground Fighting Techniques - various scenarios shown in dealing with ground attacks, often using dirty tricks that make one wonder why they would have to know a bunch of ground fighting techniques for "Street Defense". This too was similar again to one-steps (personally, I liked this section alot!)

Advanced Section

5. Discussion - more talking and explaining things
    6. Power - winding-up punches like a baseball pitcher (didn't like it, too much telegraphing in my opinion)
    7. Knees - knee strikes that most everyone should know
    8. Elbow - different elbow strikes (liked the spin elbow to the head, when in close)
    9. Defense vs Boxing - often suggests going low, because boxers fight high
    10. Defense vs Kicks - grab the leg and then do slap-grab-and-twist
    11. Muay Thai Kick - powerful and unexpected jump roundhouse to the thighs
    12. Limb Destructions - punching into a persons arm, so its less effective as a weapon
    13. Hop Side Kick - jumping slightly off the ground, to sidekick with power into an attackers knee
    14. Free Form Drill - 3 to 4 people attacking you at once, with whatever they like (I liked it)
    15. Bull in the Ring - Somewhat similar to above, you're surrounded and others attack, this can go to the ground and test your ground skills
    16. Target the Ears - tearing and pulling of the ears
    17. More on Biting - discusses this further
    18. Multiple Opponents - along the same lines as #14 and #15

Bonus Section - Prison Weapons (additional 10 minutes)

19. Improvised Weapons - Painter discusses and shows what kind of weapons are used in prison, how they are made, what they are made from, and demonstrates the damage they can do.

Things I Liked - The most common used technique throughout this series is the "slap-grab-and-twist", which in my opinion, takes Nut Destruction to a whole new level. It really is pretty cool, as Painter shows a variety of sneaky ways to get to the goods, along with a couple of unexpeceted power moves anyone can do, that just might rip-out someones sack! Next, the 10 Ground Fighting Techniques were good. I liked # 11 the jump roundhouse Muay Thai Kick to the thighs (no one will likely expect you jumping off the ground to deliver a low kick to the thighs). If you have Apple's QuickTime you might be able to view that kick here at the TRS website. Next I liked the #12 Limb Destruction (destroy an opponents arms so he can't hurt you with them), also #13 the Hop Side Kick into a knee (lots of power to rip apart someones knee/ACL), and #14, #15 and #18, which were somewhat similar to each another, yet provided scenarios for realistic type training (vs choreographed attacks/responses).

Things I Didn't Like - Biting, I really don't like the idea of someone elses blood in my mouth, and again, Painter insists on biting-and-gnawing til you reach bone! That would be an absolute last resort for me, and only if I had tried everything else, and thought the guy was really about to kill me within a second-or-so. Painter, in my opinion, jumps right to that, too often, and before exhausting every other possibility! Painter's #6 "Power" section - I didn't like a couple of Painters wind-up punches, literally raising the front knee to your chest, putting your hand behind your shoulder, and throwing your punch like you're throwing a baseball. No matter how much extra power he thinks that generates, I doubt most of the time that power will ever reach its target, due to telegraphing during wind-up that a punch is coming! It's too easy for an opponent with even moderate skills, to suspect it coming, block it, counter, or get out of the way. There were a couple of other quirky things here-and-there that bothered me but not significant enough to mention.

Overall - There was some "good stuff" on this and I think some people might enjoy it and find value. There were a couple of things I didn't care for, and thus, I think most people might have to go through it "cafeteria style", to figure out what they like and feel comfortable using.

Grade - It was better than "poor", had enough good techniques to make it better than "fair", but didn't quite make it in my mind to "very good" or "excellent". I was thinking about grading it as "Good", and more on the low side of "Good". However, there were a couple of cool things I hadn't seen anywhere else, and in a couple of places Painter emphasized some things that others don't - and all that provided additional value in my mind, which raises the score a few points. I'm therefore going to say this could easily equate to being at the mid-to-upper side of the "good" range. Let's call it a 71% - Good - 3.5 Star video and move on....

EM - Reviewer
    It looks like there's actually different people writing these reviews, too.
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 4/09/2006 8:39pm at .

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, Richard Van Donk gets a bad review for his ninjitsu DVD but the review is based on how the moves on the DVD are hard to follow. The techniques themselves aren't criticized.

http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/donksd.htm

Company: Bushindo University
    Tape Name: Combat Ninjutsu
    Tape Cost: $39.95
    Length of Tape/Time: about 60 minutes
    Number of Moves/Techniques: Tons
    Return Policy: NA
    Experiences in dealing with this company: NA
    The Instructor: Richard Von Donk
    Company's Address: P.O. Box 296, Middletown, CA 95461
    Company's Phone Number: 1-800-348-6822
    Web Page: http://www.ninjutsu.com
    E-Mail: abd@Ninjutsu.com

1. Production/Tape Quality: 10
    2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 10
    3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 10
    4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 10
    5. Score on delivery vs hype: 10
    6. Degree to which we would recommend this product: 10
    7. Wasted Time ( The higher the number,the less " fluff" /repetition ): 10
    8. Playback Score/Watching it over-and-over again: 10
    9. Would I purchase more of this company's products: 10
    10. Overall grade based on cost vs. value: 10

Grand Total: 10% (Poor = )

1. Beginners benefit: Poor
    2. Intermediate benefit: Poor
    3. Advanced benefit: Poor
    4. Time to benefit: Little-to-no benefit, so who cares!

Written Summary:

Lets start off by working from this videos self-description:

"COMBAT NINJUTSU - This Award Winning Video is all about getting it done fast, quick and powerfully! Cut to the chase and learn master level blackbelt skills that are so totally devastating and so damaging they should only be used against a bigger, faster, or more powerful adversary than yourself. When applied these techniques can break bones, rip apart muscles, dislocate bones, smash faces, and destroy an attacker with a single blow - whether they are unarmed or armed. This is rock and roll Ninjutsu with hundreds of different approaches to get it done quick. Defenses against pushes, grabs, punches, kicks, sticks and knives. Unsolicited testimonials say “Awesome, the best”. The World Head of Family Sokeship Council awarded this video the Top International Video of 1999. 1hr #AB400 $39.95"

The description sounds pretty impressive, doesn't it, but don't all self-descriptions?

I found this dvd to be more a demonstration of techniques than it was instructional. Yet in the above description you'll see it clearly says one will "learn master level blackbelt skills" from it. I don't feel the average practitioneer will learn much of anything from this dvd. In my opinion, the case cover and above ad imply "lets cut through the BS and teach you some street defense you can learn-and-use quickly". Great concept, one we're fans of, but it failed to deliver.

Specifics? The whole dvd is about dealing with typical self-defense situations: punches, kicks, grabs, some ground techniques, stick and knife attacks. A whole lot is covered in 60 minutes. However, 90% of the techniques shown on this dvd are done at 100 mph, and then its on to the next one! Often no attempt is made to break-down the cool stuff you just saw. My opinion, most of the dvd is useless from an instructional standpoint!

Compare it to watching an Aikido or Daito-Ryu demonstration for the first time, where bodies are falling down with the simpliest of movements, and thinking to yourself "Wow, that looks cool, but what the hell did he do to that guy?". Picture this dvd being like that, where one thing after another is shown, but no explaination of each techniques intricacies are provided, instead its on to the next technique, and that's the cyle throughout the whole dvd! That's what I'm saying happened through about 90% of this dvd. Alot of it actually looked kind of cool, like a mixture of Daito-Ryu, Small Circle type - Finger locks, Aikido, numerous legal and illegal Judo/Jujitsu moves, some Sambo type leg locks thrown-in, combatives, and more. But would anyone "learn master level black belt skills" from just this dvd? Unless you've had a pretty healthy amount of exposure in the styles mentioned, I think not!

I think this lack of breaking-down the techniques was either a gross oversight on Von Donks part, or, its meant to set-the-hook and reel-you-in so you order the other dvd series packages that are sold. Just take a peek at the 48 page Ninjutsu catalog . Yes, 48 pages of things to spend money on, and his site boasts "400 learning items", you can of course buy! I can't help but wonder how much those 400 items would in-total cost someone ;-) You can go have a look here: www.ninjitsu.com ! However, if someone doesn't want to buy everything he has, and maybe just try (1) dvd, this one seems to be an obvious choice due to its title/description. I can't help but wonder if by design Von Donk said: "Hmmm, lets make sure this dvd shows them so much cool stuff that they feel they gotta order my other stuff to understand this stuff", or more bluntly maybe its " I'll reel-them-in for $40 and hopefully that'll make them want to spend $400 or $4000 (400 items @ maybe $10 or more each?)!".

Again, my main problem with this is someone plunking down $40, and 90% of the stuff you watch has no value! Compare it to someone taping a PGA tournament of lets say Tiger Woods playing golf, and then creating an ad that says "Watch this dvd of Tiger hitting golf balls and afterwards you'll be able to hit them just as straight-and-far". Get my drift? Everything on this dvd was just way too fast, often shown only once at lighting speed, mostly not explained, then it's on to the next technique!

In a Nutshell - This is mostly a demonstration type dvd. Nothing is hardly explained in detail, thus it doesn't stand-on-its-own and have any value-on-its-own. Meaning, this one dvd by itself doesn't have hardly any instructional/educational value that I can see. More like entertainment value or additional marketing/promotional value for Von Donk's other dvds! I think Von Donk ought to relabel this as a "demo" dvd and sell it for no more than $5. Due to this, its $40 pricetag, and its somewhat misleading ad saying one will "learn master level blackbelt skills" from this dvd, I have to grade accordingly. So let's take our best possible score of 100%, subtract the 90% that's useless, and give this one the 10% grade it deserves!

Note to Mr. Von Donk - If you'd like us to reconsider the value of your material, send us the other stuff, maybe your entire $300-$400 Black Belt series of dvds, and we'll have another look.

In the meantime, can someone lift the lid for me while I toss this where it belongs? ;-)

EM - Reviewer

Uh oh, and look at this! John "lardass" Perkins gets a pretty good rating! There were only a "few questionable" techniques.

http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/perkins.htm

Company: AttackProof
    Tape Name: AttackProof (original)
    Tape Cost: $34.95
    Length of Tape/Time: 90 minutes
    Number of Moves/Techniques: too many to count
    Return Policy: ?
    Experiences in dealing with this company: Non-Responsive
    The Instructor: John Perkins
    Company's Address: Mad Squirrel Productions Inc., P.O. Box 163, Croton, NY, 10520
    Company's Phone Number: 1-877-288-2258
    Web Page: http://www.attackproof.com
    E-Mail: attack@attackproof.com

1. Production/Tape Quality: 7
    2. Instructors demonstrated skll level: 8
    3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 8
    4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 8
    5. Score on delivery vs hype: 8
    6. Degree to which we would recommend this product: 8
    7. Wasted Time ( The higher the number,the less " fluff" /repetition ): 8
    8. Playback Score/Watching it over-and-over again: 7
    9. Would I purchase more of this company's products: 7
    10. Overall grade based on cost vs. value: 8

Grand Total: 77% (Good = )

1. Beginners benefit: Very Good
    4. Time to benefit: A few days

Written Summary:

I've had my eye on this Perkins material for awhile now, primarily due to alot of the advertising hype on it. FYI - Mr. Perkins and his staff all ignored repeated email requests to send us some review copies of his materials! Based on what I felt were "certain similarities" in other materials we like, I think I understand why! Thanks goes out to the gentleman who sent us this and 39 other videos! Without him having done so, we likely wouldn't be bringing you this review anytime soon! Also, this isn't the only Perkins tape you'll be seeing us review, as that individual sent us several other Perkins titles based on this "AttackProof" system of his.

This appears to be the first-and-original AttackProof tape Perkins created, of what since seems to have become a series of them. Perkins whole premise seems to be "many aspects of traditional Martial Arts don't really work in a Street Fight, let me show you what does". He basically teaches CQC/H2H, modern military type combatives, by using a mixture of things like: Palm Heel strikes to the head, Eye Gouges, Face Rakes, Elbows, Knees, Front Kicks, and Headbutts. You could say it looks alot like the David James stuff with a slight mix of Paul Vunak's Wing Chun/JKD influence. What I found oddly coincidental was Perkins actually used some of the exact terminology/concepts used on David James' tapes. In fact, Perkins techniques looked similar in many respects to James'. Hmmm....Perkins is in NY like James, yet I believe James likely had his Vee tapes out alot longer than Perkins has. Don't they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"?

This tape basically goes through numerous mock-type-attacks, or responses to the standard type self defense situations one is taught in a dojo (bear hug, etc), and the victim responds with a flurry of: Palm Heels to the face, Eye Gouges, Front of the Throat Strikes, Side of the Neck Strikes, Face Rakes, Elbows, Knees, Front Kicks, and Headbutts. Just like David James' stuff, it seems students of Perkins are taught to deliver about 6-10 strikes non-stop, using any of the main weapons mentioned, before letting up on an attacker.

Perkins later in this video makes reference to Wing Chun type sensitivity type drills (you know the Pak Sao, Chi Sao, type) as we've seen on Vunak and even Simonet's materials. Speaking of Simonet, Perkins showed a technique to the face while simultaneously stepping through a persons knee, something I saw demonstrated for like 10 minutes at the beginning of Simonet's last video (who by the way does lots of Wing Chun type drills too).

In general it was good stuff, although I had slight issue with some of his fundamentals. Perkins on a couple of shots was reaching for a head shot, when in my opinion it wasn't the best target, due to his body position. In one of those, the attacker had an outstretched arm, and Perkins came up under that arm for a long stretched-out shot to the head. Worse though were the choices Perkins made with regard to Knife Defense. Perkins insists on continuing with your attempts to strike a persons head before securing the hand/wrist holding the knife. He insists that a person won't be thinking about using the knife while you are hitting them in the face. Yet I say what if one of your shots misses, and the attacker uses that opportunity to slash or stab? To me, I want that knife secured right-off-the-bat. Perkins leaves out a very important James concept I love, which is the "High-Low Attack". That concept basically states that after a couple of attempts at striking the head, your opponent will focus on protecting his head, then you should attack what he's not as highly focused on protecting by going low to areas like: the groin, knees, shins, and thighs. Other than an occassional groin shot, Perkins and his staff didn't go low very often, they seemed to primarily be head hunters. Sorry Mr. Perkins, but I tend to agree with David James, after 1-2 of those shots to the head, your attacker isn't going to just stand there and take those. He will somewhat be focused on protecting his head, and once he does why not focus on low attacks, which when they land may likely open up the head area once again for more shots that get through!

Assessment: I'd say its a little watered-down compared to the devastation/mutilation James delivers. However, if you are a fan of David James and Paul Vunak's Street Safe # 1, this could show you ways to bridge-the-two, and might be worth having for that purpose. Most of it was good, but just keep your eyes open for a few questionable shots/techniques.

EM - Reviewer
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast